Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

joshrogan wrote: »
    If rioting ever happened in Ireland I think we'd all band together and protect our local pubs. The heart of our communities.

Heard some young fellas in my (small) town saying earlier that they were gonna try and incite a riot by ram-raiding Supermacs in a Massey Ferguson..... they backed out though cos they all have to be up early in the morning to do silage! True story!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

I'd be more of a 'buttered Ghee' man myself.

I wouldn't mind getting me mouth around a "buttered ghee" right now.

And with that thought i shall go off to bed.

P.S..........FAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

This was posted on Bookface

My first instinct is Were all F**ked if thats the case. Considering . we have the same laws. thankfully we dont have a population of 24million est' But still. :(

Im still shocked that Saturday morning i had been walking around some of the places that no longer are standing :(

Is the editor of the Daily Mail one of your fb friends or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

It all ultimately boils down to two central issues- firstly, these people have ZERO respect for either the area or the people around them; and secondly, they have ZERO fear of the consequences of their actions.

I would be so so ashamed if I knew anyone involved- but sadly, for the most part, they're all in this together so shame will never enter into the equation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

at the risk of sounding stupid,
    whats Sagnet that people have mentioned?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

It is so arrogrant of atheists, they think they know everything as fact. Scientists don't even know how many dimensions there are, there don't even know how many sub-atomic particles there are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Alot of this is just youths out for the laugh, I imagine quite a few have no Idea how it started and are just joining in for the chance to throw rocks at the police and loot shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

Cianos wrote: »
    Why doesn't the same youth hooligan culture exist in other European cities

it does. I think chav culture is confined to a strip of Europe encompassing here, uk, holland, Germany, and on into eastern Europe and Russia.. "Eurotrash" basically. Rave culture, bolstered by the gunz n fronting of the rap. Gotta be hip to the hop, daddi-o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

think they did the right thing trying to make it appear he fired at them; for even if he did the ball is still in his court.

did they? either way the law is on the cop's side if there was a firearm in view and the officer making the shot thought they were acting to protect life...so why embellish the events? The shooting had a few witnesses apart from police too...busy summers evening in the city...truth will out.
    Trying to justify saying he fired first is underhand and ultimately counter productive as can be seen. Funny thing is that the cop who took the shot will face discipline but will ultimately win their case...lying about it, though might make things a bit harder to get off with...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

LighterGuy wrote: »

Sikh television station running live coverage.

• Advertisement

A new fishnet bra, designed to help get rid of the sag?

Or maybe that was on the other website i had open...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Caraville wrote: »
    It all ultimately boils down to two central issues- firstly, these people have ZERO respect for either the area or the people around them; and secondly, they have ZERO fear of the consequences of their actions.

Yup..! But that explains nothing really ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

RobitTV wrote: »
    Police station in nottingham firebombed (bbc)

Did anybody hear what part of Nottingham this police station is in? I'm automatically presuming it's either St Anns or The Meadows, which are two pretty rough areas of the city. Notorious for gun crime and disorder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Sikh television station running live coverage.

Cool.
    So they were running live coverage but have now stopped or something?

CorkMan wrote: »
    It is so arrogrant of atheists, they think they know everything as fact. Scientists don't even know how many dimensions there are, there don't even know how many sub-atomic particles there are.

Atheism is founded on the concept of not knowing? It's religious people who claim to know that a God exists. Atheists accept that they do not know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Thank guru for that. Sangat is back, prayer is over and they've got interviewing back on. :D

Cool.
    So they were running live coverage but have now stopped or something?

Just doing interviews with randomers at the moment rather than roaming around in their car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Gah, how has this become a religion debate?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

murpho999 wrote: »
    If you do your research, you'll find that they are.

Creationalists believe that everything was created in 6 days and then a day of rest. So there were no actual dinosaurs, which we now all know to be true.

Evolution is a fact even now accepted by the Catholic Church.

If you have difficulty with this then you should just think of evolution as God's upgrade system!

Well I am not getting in to religions and theology. When I was looking at the riots I remembered what the endtimes is saying is going to happen. It's not rocket science if your in touch with the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

We've all converted from Catholicism to Sikhism or some other type of ism.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Hearing through twitter that Asian youths have taken responsibility for defending Aston, beating up the rioters. Police have lost control

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

k.p.h wrote: »
    Yup..! But that explains nothing really ..

I wasn't trying to explain it, I was just saying that these people just don't care. In fairness no one has a definitive reason for what's happening. There are theories alright, but I'd say most of the people rioting don't even know why they're doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Namlub wrote: »
    Is the editor of the Daily Mail one of your fb friends or something?

Bahahaha. :pac: ...... But your answer is No. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Well I am not getting in to religions and theology. When I was looking at the riots I remembered what the endtimes is saying is going to happen. It's not rocket science if your in touch with the truth.

Here here. Judgement day is nigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Namlub wrote: »
    Gah, how has this become a religion debate?!

It's good for a laugh in between all the terrible rioting stuff though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

BBC saying they have received reports of explosions at a diesel depot in tottenham :(

Atheism is founded on the concept of not knowing? It's religious people who claim to know that a God exists. Atheists accept that they do not know.

Isn't that Agnosticism actually?

I always thought Athiesm is more geared towards believing that a God does not and cannot exist.

Richard Dawkins comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Ireland would be alot better if we were all Sikh's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CorkMan wrote: »

Why are you de-railing your own thread?

How does a scientist not knowing how many dimensions or sub atomic particles there are prove that God exists?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

Wertz wrote: »
    think they did the right thing trying to make it appear he fired at them; for even if he did the ball is still in his court.

did they? either way the law is on the cop's side if there was a firearm in view and the officer making the shot thought they were acting to protect life...so why embellish the events? The shooting had a few witnesses apart from police too...busy summers evening in the city...truth will out.
    Trying to justify saying he fired first is underhand and ultimately counter productive as can be seen. Funny thing is that the cop who took the shot will face discipline but will ultimately win their case...lying about it, though might make things a bit harder to get off with...

it's wrong alright, but if they felt it necaserry to lodge that bullet in the aftermath to attempt justify it and escape prosecution despite the fact the yoof was brandishing a gun.. I wonder why. hothead yoof with pistol got shot by authorities; end-of. Good message to put out there.

Advertisement