Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

waveform wrote: »
    Isn't that Agnosticism actually?

I always thought Athiesm is more geared towards believing that a God does not and cannot exist.

Richard Dawkins comes to mind.

No. Atheism simply by definition means not believing. Agnosticism is more to do about whether it's possible to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Is this sagnet channel on sky? I never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Religious matters can be discussed in the appropriate forum.

Plaeas stay on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

grenache wrote: »

I do not think anyone had till last night, couple of us on here were watching it last night. However tonight it has exploded, everyone on here seems to be tuning in.

grenache wrote: »

Channel 847.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Atheism is founded on the concept of not knowing? It's religious people who claim to know that a God exists. Atheists accept that they do not know.

When did I say that??? I said atheists can be arrogant, they give an aura saying "I know everything". This is what I have found.

If you want to continue discussion, post in the appropriate forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Highlights on Sangat from earlier now ...

http://magictv.co/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Seems London has calmed down. Id say tonight will be the last night of any troubles. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

No. Atheism simply by definition means not believing. Agnosticism is more to do about whether it's possible to know.

The lines always seemed blurred a little to me.

And some of the more popular athiests i have watched seem to be almost certain a God does not exist.

If you 100% fully believe that no God exists, or its not possible for a God to exist, then what would be the term for that?

super-rush wrote: »
    Religious matters can be discussed in the appropriate forum.

Plaeas stay on topic.

Can i just get one reply from niall if you dont mind?

I was always confused about this, will stay on topic from now on.

• Advertisement

If you 100% fully believe that no God exists, or its not possible for a God to exist, then what would be the term for that?

"Ignorant."

Sangat showing highlights now from earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

4 large explosions at a Diesel Depot in Tottenham. Possible evacuation of houses nearby - BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

CorkMan wrote: »
    When did I say that??? I said atheists can be arrogant, they give an aura saying "I know everything". This is what I have found.

Like those religious who employed Canon Law over our own national ones to protect their own?
    The lines always seemed blurred a little to me.

And some of the more popular athiests i have watched seem to be almost certain a God does not exist.

Anti-theist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

K-9 wrote: »
    We've all converted from Catholicism to Sikhism or some other type of ism.

Well I wanted to be a hindu at once stage because i thought reincarnation is real. Theirs gods make me laugh. They look soft with lots of limbs and they get around on a pig's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is there an online link to Sangat/ Sikh ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Isn't that Agnosticism actually?

I always thought Athiesm is more geared towards believing that a God does not and cannot exist.

Richard Dawkins comes to mind.

Yup. NiallSparky doesnt know what an atheist is

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'll use Family Guy to win Evolution v Creationalism debate.

Honestly, mods won't post on this again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

http://twitter.com/#!/skymarkwhite
    On way to reports of fire at recycling plant at Park View Road Tottenham. Police unable to confirm yet if related to #LondonRiots

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

K-9 wrote: »
    You try and live a higher standard, difficult as it is.

Try not to opt for the easier life and comparing yourself to scumbag politicians. Robbing, being criminals, is the easy option for these lads.

In other words, you rise above scumbag standards and not say, sure they're all the same, I might as well be.

You don't get Ipods and 42" Tv's for it.

Those are all choices made by the common person, however all anyone has said from government is that these people should be made fear the laws, the selfsame laws that didn't deter them one iota to begin with. Frightening stuff, and one wonders what will change in the aftermath of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

joshrogan wrote: »
    Ireland would be alot better if we were all Sikh's.

No, it wouldn't. Hindus are the most peaceful religion after Christians

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »

I'll use Family Guy to win Evolution v Creationalism debate.

Honestly, mods won't post on this again!

Using a show created by some white American dudes in their 40's to argue Religion? :rolleyes:

now stop going of f thread

"Ignorant."

Sangat showing highlights now from earlier.

I was waiting for someone say that hahahah!

Wikipedia seems to sum up the way i understood both terms.

"In the popular sense, an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves there is a God, whereas an atheist disbelieves there is a God."

"Within agnosticism there are agnostic atheists (who do not believe any deity exists, but do not deny it as a possibility) and agnostic theists (who believe a God exists but do not claim to know that)."

From that: "agnostic athiest", seems to be more accurate for what you were getting at in your post.

Okay, back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

847 fantastic reporting now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Horgan wrote: »
    Is there an online link to Sangat/ Sikh ?

http://magictv.co/ its switching between sky news and sangat

Is Sangat finished for the night ATM?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

To all Christians and atheists. Shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Seems London has calmed down. Id say tonight will be the last night of any troubles. Hopefully.

It is kicking off all right around the country. But none of the News stations are covering what is currently happening - I wonder if there is an unofficial news embargo of showing the rioting live again. It may have been encouraging it, like a snowball effect. I am going searching youtube for some clips of tonight.

I am blaming Sangat for all the religious stuff - seriously thinking of converting to their religion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

0119:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

The Met has fresh advice to the owners of businesses in London on how to deal with disorder.

It says they don't have to wait to be attacked to use "defensive force" to protect their premises and can "use something to hand as a weapon" if they feel it's necessary "in the heat of the moment".

heyho.

CorkMan wrote: »
    Is Sangat finished for the night ATM?

Its still online anyways:

http://magictv.co/

****, the sky looks blue there, i better get to bed for reals....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

There's a Christian and Agnostic forum for the same ould arguments.

Police have been very respectful and professional. Just doing their job.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement