Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Biggins wrote: »
    Ya kidding?
    If they went in, the PR brigade would come out and start claiming "heavy-handedness".
    You can't win when it come to dealing with this rioting/stealing scum!

I think it's going to come to a stage that the army are called in.I can't see this sheer madness and ignorance by this scum ending anytime soon.i would love the police to go in there and bulldoze through the scum but as has been said already,they simple can't do that

Now they are tossing stuff off bridge onto police cars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

Confrontation between groups and riot cops outside Cash Exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Sooopie wrote: »
    i wonder what the BNP party are making of this then?

joining in???!!

they should get the army in & run the fcukers out of it.

Just thinking of this myself . Nobody wants to go back to a NI situation with armed troops on the streets but If this isn't brought under control soon then ordinary people might just get so fed up and you might also get the BNP involved .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

The British army wont be called in, this is only 80's type uprising's look on youtube brixton riots 1980s.

in the middle 80s there were riots up and down britain, things are getting worse but how worse will it get?

All the police need to do is say "f*** this im gonna beat the crap out of them" and then baton charge them all.

The police need to use force and just make them squeal like pigs and then they will run, all they do is just stand around.

get the long shields out and then charge at them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The last time the army was used against people in Britain (as distinct from NI) was during the general strike of 1926 I think. I'd imagine things would need to be a lot worse than this for that to change (1981 was much worse than anything seen so far)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Sky News saying the bullet in the radio came from another police officer, that either went through Duggan and into the radio [unlikely as they use hollow points specifically to prevent that] or it missed him and hit the radio. So one police officer firing in the direction of another either way. Complete incompetence IMO.

I'm only speculating now but IIRC witnesses said two shots were fired, in which case they both came from the officer's weapon, so the question is whether Duggan was aiming at officers or not, and if not, well then the original, peaceful protesters would have been right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

or get the gritting equipment for the snow out and mow em all down.

easy job.

Seeds_ONE tweets:

No access out of #hackney high st, TONS of riot police gathered there. I asked a copper what was what, reply "we're having a meeting"

1858: Adam Bienkov tweets: Roads v. quiet and shops and restaurants all closed by Lewisham Hospital. No trouble, but lots of nervous locals #londonriots

The locals must be out of their minds with worry. Imagine waiting on your other half to get home, walking through all that?

The police just need to charge, if things get worse get more police from across the UK and clear all the street's and take control.

start using tear gas and get some riot batons and the long big shields and then charge at the rioters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

RobitTV wrote: »
    ...get the long shields out and then charge at them
    The problem is, where do ya charge them to?
    They will just run, scatter and re-group later yet again.
    Its very frustrating for any force.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Irish freelance reporter Brian Fitzgeralld being interviewed on bbc news 24 a few minutes ago saying it's being mayham where he is in Lewisham and none of the public can move .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Daemos wrote: »
    and if not, well then the protesters would have been right.

There is nothing right about the current "protesting" scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sky News saying the bullet in the radio came from another police officer, that either went through Duggan and into the radio [unlikely as they use hollow points specifically to prevent that] or it missed him and hit the radio. So one police officer firing in the direction of another either way. Complete incompetence IMO.

I'm only speculating now but IIRC witnesses said two shots were fired, in which case they both came from the officer's weapon, so the question is whether Duggan was aiming at officers or not, and if not, well then the protesters would have been right.

These protest tonight, last night, and most of the one's on saturday night have nothing todo with the shooting of Duggan.

They are opportunism skum jumping on the bandwagon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm only speculating now but IIRC witnesses said two shots were fired, in which case they both came from the officer's weapon, so the question is whether Duggan was aiming at officers or not, and if not, well then the protesters would have been right.

Could well be lost in amongst the 'wade in' posts, let the police do what they like posts. Total incompetence if true, they're probably the last police force I'd want protecting me by going in uncontrolled. They're probably as likely to shoot themselves with live rounds than the looters. :D

This later looting and rioting is inexcusable though, it has nothing to do with the original police incompetence, just general thuggery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

There is nothing right about the current "protesting" scum.
    I'm not referring to the rioters, I'm referring to the original peaceful protest from two nights ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its no accident that riots hardly ever happen in freezing weather during term.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Its kicking off in Birmingham now as well
    http://lockerz.com/s/127819982

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Why do BBC staff still call these scum "protestors"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

There goes the Megane.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

irish-stew wrote: »
    These protest tonight, last night, and most of the one's on saturday night have nothing todo with the shooting of Duggan.

They are opportunism skum jumping on the bandwagon.
    Couldn't agree more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The UK cops should call in the PSNI along with police landrovers and watercannon. PSNI are a cross between a police force and the army when it comes to this stuff. The Gardai would also put them in their right place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

No matter what anyone thinks started this off...

There is no excuse whatsoever for the pure scumbag carry on now...
    It is just pure thuggery, common thieving and criminal damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Green Back wrote: »
    Sky News dont miss a beat!!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1896/skynewshdnelomj.jpg

:eek::eek:

I'd love to have a crossbow and a good aim for that lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Can they not at least use water cannons to disperse the crowds? They use them all the time in NI =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Throwing petrol bombs now?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

DominoDub wrote: »
    Why do BBC staff still call these scum "protestors"

Have to try to be seen to be unbiased.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Can they not at least use water cannons to disperse the crowds? They use them all the time in NI =/

i dont think they have them in London tho? I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

J. Marston wrote: »

At least he still has his signed picture of Peter Crouch

• Advertisement

If it spreads country wide The army will be called.

Deptford has now been hit (Sky news)

Advertisement