Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I think thats going to stay with me for a while.
    To hear and see the personal reaction of rage and emotional from that guy who just heard he lost his brother ...

i mean when you hear something on tv about a death. Sure its sad. But to see that reaction first hand... thats something man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Two dead now and another injured. This has got to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

How did the lads get run over?

I imagine some fools robbed a car in the riots and sped off hitting them, or either rioters surrounded a car and tried to take it from someone and they panicked and floored it knocking down many around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Folks we have no idea what happened, could just be a car accident for all we know....proper responsible reporting would not show something like that because it is inflammatory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

How did the lads get run over?

Apparently they were trying to defend the area from the poor downtrodden looters who felt the need to run them over.

Sickening ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

The police need to cut it out now before it gets even worse and goes beyond riots.

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I think thats going to stay with me for a while.
    To hear and see the personal reaction of rage and emotional from that guy who just heard he lost his brother ...

i mean when you hear something on tv about a death. Sure its sad. But to see that reaction first hand... thats something man.

Yeah its very bad alright, but for me watching people running and desperately driving away from the tsunami in March only to be engulfed in the water live on tv takes the biscuit.

You see that stuff often on documentaries and news etc. But to see it live is a whole new feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anybody got a stream to that Sangat channel? Mine went dead.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Apparently they were trying to defend the area from the poor downtrodden looters who felt the need to run them over.

Sickening ****.

Completely sickening. The brother's reaction was completely heartbreaking. It's made the whole situation seem so much more real. :(

KeithAFC wrote: »
    The police need to cut it out now before it gets even worse and goes beyond riots.

Was talking to my Dad about this earlier and he said something so spot on ... this wouldnt happen in the states. They'd handle it and shut it down immediately too.

Obviously with the presense and use of firearms. Now i'm not saying the police should start shooting everything that walks. But if the police are armed and have a willingness to use them ... people will think twice about rioting.

• Advertisement

Sickening ****.

Source for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Folks we have no idea what happened, could just be a car accident for all we know....proper responsible reporting would not show something like that because it is inflammatory.

How is it inflammatory?

They didn't know that was going to happen?

Also, crowd like that would not gather outside a hospital for a normal accident?

Also, using your logic then news channels should not show live events.

Finally, do not forget that this is not a news channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

J. Marston wrote: »

http://cj-sports.com/

anyone got a link to bbc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Glad I wasn't watching when the news broke there tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Was talking to my Dad about this earlier and he said something so spot on ... this wouldnt happen in the states. They'd handle it and shut it down immediately too.

LA in 1992?
    I'm old enough to remember that and people dragging washing machines down the street, local shops getting looted and burned and went on for days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Get the army in. The police just can't handle this anymore. People are dying. It's going beyond basic rioting, into very serious violence where innocent people and lives are on the line. These f*ckers need to be shown a strong hand. Beat them off the streets if need be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Source for that?

Give it a rest FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

J. Marston wrote: »

http://magictv.co/

It switches between sky news and sangat, mostly sangat.

murpho999 wrote: »
    How is it inflammatory?

No channel has confirmed it...it will have to be verified first bfore it can be connected to the riots. That's responsible reporting believe it or not.
    Even Sangat have left it alone...editor in the studio earning his pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Lads/ Not watching news but has this escalated to be worse than last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

link guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

why arent they shipping in psni??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

mikemac wrote: »
    LA in 1992?
    I'm old enough to remember that and people dragging washing machines down the street, local shops getting looted and burned and went on for days
    And after pretty much every superbowl or world series win/loss

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Get the army in. The police just can't handle this anymore. People are dying. It's going beyond basic rioting, into very serious violence where innocent people and lives are on the line. These f*ckers need to be shown a strong hand. Beat them off the streets if need be.

The police and government wont let it happen because it will make them look bad. PR is more important than lives :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

What the hell is going on with the bbc/sky over the past few hours? Have they really been censored from providing live feeds? I thought that was a joke! The are still replaying reports from 8 o clock last evening...not one live camera anywhere, this is ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Lads/ Not watching news but has this escalated to be worse than last night?

It's more widespread in a nutshell

mikemac wrote: »
    LA in 1992?

The police have to show they can kick ass. And with fire power then can. Its a deterrence. Do you really think there would be as much rioters out tonight if police had weapons authorised for use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

damn was 2 brothers who died

h2005 wrote: »
    And after pretty much every superbowl or world series win/loss

1992 riots were far worse than the usual superbowl ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

cougar1 wrote: »
    What the hell is going on with the bbc/sky over the past few hours? Have they really been censored from providing live feeds? I thought that was a joke! The are still replaying reports from 8 o clock last evening...not one live camera anywhere, this is ridiculous!

I would imagine they were asked by the police not to show it and its probably for the better tbh

Advertisement