Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I fear for Birmingham after the death of those two Asian brothers.

Almost 100% sure they weren't Asian, more like Hindu/seik(spelling?) or similar ( ignore my ignorance with religion/races )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Jayob10 wrote: »
    ok does anyone know the specific story about these Asian brothers?

nobody knows if they were even looters themselves surely?

Yeah, they could've been out for trouble themselves, but you won't be hearing a negative word said about them on Sangat.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Reiss Avfc

Lets just hope there isnt a race war, that will cause utter chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Happyman42 wrote: »
    No source yet. BBC, SKY have not picked it up yet.

What are you on about?

Do you depend on BBC and Sky for everything?

I saw the man's brother reacting when he heard the news, why was the crowd there?

It's not being covered yet by BBC & Sky because they will probably just regard it as a traffic incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

nuxxx wrote: »
    Almost 100% sure they weren't Asian, more like Hindu/seik(spelling?) or similar ( ignore my ignorance with religion/races )

Hindu's and Sikhs are Asian??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

murpho999 wrote: »
    What are you on about?

Do you depend on BBC and Sky for everything?

I saw the man's brother reacting when he heard the news, why was the crowd there?

It's not being covered yet by BBC & Sky because they will probably just regard it as a traffic incident.

well where are you getting it man, twitter ffs????

For all you know it may just be that, a traffic incident. the 2 lads could have been knocked in a completely unrelated incident.

People seem to be a fever pitch in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

confirmed where?

You think a police station in Nottingham was firebombed??

good god

some people are still looking for their fix by the looks of things.

On the news. Good God it seems some people can't read.
    The "I think" was in reference to the location of the police station. I'm almost sure it was in Nottingham but I'm not sure, however a police station was set on fire by a group of dozens of people earlier and it was mentioned on both the BBC and Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

cougar1 wrote: »
    This Sangat tv is a bit mental, everytime I turn it on they are praying or talking some rubbish, then something dramatic happens (which we all miss) and it's back to praying and talking crap as if dramatic event never happened?
    They're obviosly religious... they are all wearing those wierd hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

I can only imagine the Beeb and Sky have been advised to not show live feeds or anything like that by the police or the government. Probably in their best interests to. If the apparent scene of the brother's reaction to the death of his two siblings was shown live on either of the stations they would probably be awash with complaints.

I can imagine. Some of the footage broadcast live last night was pretty intense, even from this side just looking on, it must have been pretty harrowing for those in the centre of it to see their business and lifes work being burned to the ground on live tv.

That sangat tv is almost surreal, hard to know what is going on with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

nice gang of hardeneed multicultural skangsters rounded up there tonight.

My view is they let a convening of a certain two type of yoof cuwcha take care of racial integration from the late '80s onward and it has left em with this grimey scenario.

off to take a big durty templar shìte..
    goodnite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Yeah, they could've been out for trouble themselves, but you won't be hearing a negative word said about them on Sangat.

Well apparently they weren't, but let's not start making assumptions or accusing them of anything. The fact is, two young people have died. This is a very bad situation. People should not be dying, regardless. I think the rioting has probably reached its zenith, but if people are dying then it's reached an absolute unacceptable level and something serious needs to be done.

Hindu's and Sikhs are Asian??

wouldn't have a clue to be honest, not mad into religion at all. like i said excuse my ignorance

For all you know it may just be that, a traffic incident. the 2 lads could have been knocked in a completely unrelated incident.

I think you are the one getting overexcited not anyone else.

People seem to be a fever pitch in fairness.

I saw it all on the TV, not twitter.

That large Indian crowd and riot police were not standing outside a hospital because of a normal RTA.

Do I need to prove something we all saw on the TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Degag wrote: »
    They're obviosly religious... they are all wearing those wierd hats.

I wanna see some Catholic priests out defending their property, drinking tea and eating sandwiches. Todd Unmptious and the lads sitting around reminiscing

"soooo have you seen Fr Shorthall recently?"

"ah remember Father Ulton Crosby, he gives good mass. Look at the way he works the alter. Effortless".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

You were right it was Nottingham, Canning circus police station.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/aug/09/london-uk-riots-day-four-live#block-28

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

Methinks it's time to hit the sack, we're all beginning to look like we've serious psychological issues searching for more hoodie footage at nearly 4 in the morning. I haven't seen one of the fcukers have his head cracked open on live tv in 4 days! Seriously disappointed!

Anyone Fancy Some Lovely Ghee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I wanna see some Catholic priests out defending their property, drinking tea and eating sandwiches. Todd Unmptious and the lads sitting around reminiscing

"ah remember Father Ulton Crosby, he gives good mass. Look at the way he works the alter. Effortless".

Get Fr. Fintan Stack after the fcukers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

205862_215566981824700_215129768535088_554932_5420951_n.jpg

254742_215566881824710_215129768535088_554931_7091834_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Can someone link to sangat again please

that furniture add makes me think of damian marley welcome to jamrock for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What is the point in deploying 16.000 toothless police officers when 6,000 tigers would do a much better job?

From twitter :)

Away to bed for me, zero info on Sky News

budgemook wrote: »
    Can someone link to sangat again please

http://cj-sports.com/ so many damn ads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

amacachi wrote: »
    Get Fr. Fintan Stack after the fcukers.

yeah but where was fintan stack when Ted got his award for being "A Brilliant priest" ?

Ted rang larry on the phone when he was hiding from looters in a burnout Currys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

KeithAFC wrote: »
    205862_215566981824700_215129768535088_554932_5420951_n.jpg

254742_215566881824710_215129768535088_554931_7091834_n.jpg

Legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

KeithAFC wrote: »
    [img][/img]254742_215566881824710_215129768535088_554931_7091834_n.jpg

HA! He's drinking banana Yazoo, Thats more continuity than most superheros these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Well worth a watch - old West Indian chap speaks his mind on the BBC. Probably totally right too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJgILxGK0o&feature=aso

(found on twitter)

• Advertisement

Nah man, If ya got Father Stack, Father Johnson, Father Walton et al and especially Jack.... the troiuble would be over!

Advertisement