Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Up for work in four hours, this crap has the head fecked. Thank goodness for Xanax! Maybe they should put it in the water to calm these bastards down.

If this crap starts here, which it could, and the gards don't bust heads fairly sharpish then the only thing to do is for us to take a leaf from the Sikhs book and defend ourselves and bust heads ourselves if necessary. It's what should be happening in England. Not ideal but there's only so much that can be tolerated. These scumbags, young idiots with a bit of organisation could be easily quashed if the honest hard working people rise against it. Vigilantism isn't ideal but sometimes the ends justify the means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Sky News just showed an interview from earlier tonight with 3 knobs (teens who are acting like they arent doing anything but just standing around)

Reporter:
    And what about the looting thats taking place in your city, isnt that wrong?
    Knob Number 1:
    Yeah its wrong but people are doing it to put themselves through college and showing their anger at the government
    knob number 2:

People dont have any future so thats why they are doing it (rioting/looting)

:rolleyes:
    I honestly loose faith in mankind day by day. Anything can be twisted or justified in this world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

budgemook wrote: »
    Up for work in four hours, this crap has the head fecked. Thank goodness for Xanax! Maybe they should put it in the water to calm these bastards down.

If this crap starts here, which it could, and the gards don't bust heads fairly sharpish then the only thing to do is for us to take a leaf from the Sikhs book and defend ourselves and bust heads ourselves if necessary. It's what should be happening in England. Not ideal but there's only so much that can be tolerated. These scumbags, young idiots with a bit of organisation could be easily quashed if the honest hard working people rise against it. Vigilantism isn't ideal but sometimes the ends justify the means.

vigilantism is not the answer when dealing with scumbags like this en masse.

Start shooting them and then alot of these youths will start shooting back. Then its open season and you will see bloodshed on the streets.

The cops are sh*tting themselves there will be a racial uprising if they are seen even using battons on someone of ethnic minority. It will be seen as a personal attack on a particular ethnic community be it asian or black (even though all races are represented in this free for all).

This has to be carefully managed. The cops obviously hoped this peter out over a day or 2 so now the only way to quell it is to increase manpower on the ground.

Going out "cracking heads" is only going to lead to them fighting back.

How come the Brum deaths are not been reported? Happened over two hours ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

How come the Brum deaths are not been reported? Happened over two hours ago.

could be completely unrelated to what has been going on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

....Going out "cracking heads" is only going to lead to them fighting back.

I understand what you are saying. You do make points. But at same time at what point does a line be drawn in the sand?

Sky News a few minutes ago showed "an interview" of some thug with a scarf and glasses covering his face (it was from earlier tonight) he said "the police cant do nothing now" (in reference to there is so many on the streets)

That is the mentality of these scumbags. For the Police to try and maintain control, but while playing it safe at the same time, isnt the best option.

budgemook wrote: »

vigilantism is not the answer when dealing with scumbags like this en masse.

Start shooting them and then alot of these youths will start shooting back. Then its open season and you will see bloodshed on the streets.

The cops are sh*tting themselves there will be a racial uprising if they are seen even using battons on someone of ethnic minority. It will be seen as a personal attack on a particular ethnic community be it asian or black (even though all races are represented in this free for all).

This has to be carefully managed. The cops obviously hoped this peter out over a day or 2 so now the only way to quell it is to increase manpower on the ground.

Going out "cracking heads" is only going to lead to them fighting back.
    Sure they'll fight back but I reckon decent people outnumber the scum by quite a bit and also they are more cowardly, simply by definition IMO. If they continue to wreck people's properties and lives and the police can't handle it then people have to stand up for themselves. In this scenario it's not vigilantism, it's self defence and community spirit. At this stage they need a hammering and if the cops can't or won't do it well then someone else needs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

murpho999 wrote: »
    Anyone Fancy Some Lovely Ghee?

Even better when it comes with some lovely ghee bags.

could be completely unrelated to what has been going on

Three people hit in a car accident, two are dead..... and the 24 hours news channels aren't picking up on it even if it wasn't related to the riots.

Oh and if it is the end of days, lets all go down fighting! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

I wasn't watching sagnat earlier only what i have read in this thread.Have two people really been killed?I cant find it anywhere no news channel reporting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Seriously, fair ****s to these guys.

Why are they not out looting with the rest of them from the "deprived" area they live in? Could it be that that they are decent people who have a bit of ****ing pride and repect both for themselves and others?

Nah, i'm surely wrong and they just don't realise that they are the poor, downtrodden "disadvantaged".

I don't understand that clip.

I didn't see anyone being given a lift. Or am I blind?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I wasn't watching sagnat earlier only what i have read in this thread.Have two people really been killed?I cant find it anywhere no news channel reporting it.

The mainstream news channels tend to be a few hours behind Twitter or independents, particularly over night.

It seems two guys have been killed, and one critically injured in a hit and run. Beyond that, details are sketchy, but there are lots of rumours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

just saw this news article

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/5421331/Britains-most-wanted-Looters-tried-on-shoes-in-rampage

Is it wrong that I lolled at the part about JD sports being one of the the hardest hit shops? It does say a lot :o
    One of the worst hit retailers was sporting goods store JD Sports, where looters were so bold as to try on shoes before stealing them.

They also calmly queued at registers to take off the security tags before placing their loot into JD Sports carrier bags, the company's executive chairman Peter Cowgill told London's Daily Telegraph

"It just shows a high level of confidence that fundamentally you are not going to get apprehended," Mr Cowgill said.

"I feel like being physically sick. The way it has gone viral is so depressing."

He estimated that up to 30 of his stores had been damaged, and that the financial impact for his chain alone was probably in excess of £10 million (NZ$19.4 million).

I was quite shocked that people are basically ransacking places. It's like an excuse to go on a big shoplifting spree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

Remember these sort are the overwhelming majority up and down the land and are now taken as the regular unassuming joe soap regular guy a person would; even should pretty much be expected to become because society has become desensitized to the sector of youth culture that they started out as two decade ago. It's a zombie-like idiot contagion alright but you don't get sucked in now; actually have to pull yourself out. There is no minority that can match their numbers not even if you combined the entire non-skank population. no amount of police will ever be enough; and army to boot though I suspect a lot of them are chav too. combined with elements of an inherent national psyche it really does spell big trouble for the united kinfdom.

but essentially This Is England (2011) and they are utilizing fantastic new communicae methods to hook up to burn and loot, murder, threaten, terrorize women children and old folk all the while stretching and misleading he force in overwhelming numbers. They are pretty much almost everyone, everywhere, at once. and they have realized it

..so it's survival of the fittest; youngest generally and its general disrespect in their quest for respect. Which they have every right to demand, of course.. young and strong as they are. age, wisdom and experience are so last century.

.. Y'all scared? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 spooky2009

Two brothers are reported dead and their freind in hospital critically injured. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyA-PYPWOOU
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Shahzad-Harry-Hussain/198132300245883

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Not sure if this has been posted before, but apparently the man killed originally by police, that cause the first riots, did not fire at police.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/09/mark-duggan-police-ipcc?intcmp=239

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

In relation to that car crash the third person has died, can't link to it on my phone but its on sky and the daily mail site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

i dont think its an protest against the standard of living,it just seems to be an opportunity to loot-

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/london-riots-daughter-filmed-looting-trainers-has-shamed-us-says-mother-2844220.html
    The mother of a woman filmed apparently looting after rioting has spoken of her shame and despair at her daughter’s lawless actions .
    The Daily Telegraph today identifies 22-year-old Shereka Leigh as the woman seen brazenly trying on training shoes taken from a sports shop in Tottenham, north London.
    The unemployed mother-of-one, who was recently evicted from her council flat, made no attempt to hide her identity as she joined others rifling through stock at a branch of JD Sports close to where the riots began at the weekend.
    She was one of a group who made off with thousands of pounds worth of items last Sunday morning as residents in Tottenham attempted to clean up from the previous night’s destruction.
    Her mother, Navlet Robinson, 42, condemned her daughter’s actions yesterday. Speaking from her home in Tottenham, Miss Robinson said: “The first I knew of it was when I switched on the television and saw her trying on the shoes.
    “I couldn’t believe it, but lots of people started to ring me and say that’s Shereka on the news.
    “We fell out earlier this year and have not spoken since May. She can be a bad person and she causes me trouble so I don’t want to have anything to do with her. She can be aggressive and we no longer speak.
    “All I care about is my little four-year-old grandson, Kevantae, but I haven’t seen him for a while, only passing in the street when he gets excited to see me.”
    She added: “It makes me sad when I see what is happening in London. People have worked hard to build up their businesses and make a better life for themselves, but then they are having them destroyed by looters and people burning them down.”
    Miss Leigh was born in Newham, but has spent most of her life in Tottenham, growing up in the streets around where this week’s disorder first began.
    She became pregnant at 17 and was given a flat by Haringey Council. She later moved to a top floor two-bedroom property yards from Tottenham High Road, the scene of much of the weekend violence and destruction.
    Neighbours in the block, from where she was recently evicted, said she was a troublemaker who was always having parties and creating lots of noise.
    One of her neighbours, who asked not to be identified, said: “She was evicted about four weeks ago and we don’t know where she has gone now.
    “We were very relieved when she left though because she was always creating problems for us. She always had friends round who would slam doors and play music. There are children here and so it was very bad.”
    Another of the tenants in the block added: “I am not sure why she left. I heard there was a problem with her tenancy agreement, but things are much better now. She made lots of problems. I recognised her as the person in the paper and I was not surprised.”
    Miss Leigh’s mother said she was not even aware that her daughter had moved. She said: “I have no idea where she is now. She is nothing to do with me any more.”
    A friend of Miss Leigh’s refused to say where she had moved but confirmed she was still living in Tottenham.

Given a flat by the taxpayer and then goes out and robs from them!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Detectives investigating the death of three men following a road traffic collision in Birmingham this morning (August 10) will today question a 32-year-old man on suspicion of murder.

It's understood the three man - aged 31, 30 and 20 - were on foot in Dudley Road in the Winson Green area of the city when they were in collision with a car. All later died from their injuries in hospital.

Officers arrested the man nearby and also recovered a vehicle which will be examined by forensics experts.

Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information in connection with the incident is asked to contact West Midlands Police on 0345 113 5000.

taken from:

http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/latest-news/press-release.asp?id=2398

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

i dont think its an protest against the standard of living,it just seems to be an opportunity to loot-

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/london-riots-daughter-filmed-looting-trainers-has-shamed-us-says-mother-2844220.html

Given a flat by the taxpayer and then goes out and robs from them!.

Ah but she's 'disenfranchised' don't you know.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted before, but apparently the man killed originally by police, that cause the first riots, did not fire at police.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/09/mark-duggan-police-ipcc?intcmp=239

As far as I remember, unless it's changed, just the possibility of someone firing a gun in angry is enough to get you shot by police.
    Mark Duggan was not as innocent and peaceful as some would like to believe, I have been told.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Have to love the interviews on the news. The kids who aren't looting and 'rioting' are saying; ''It's because EMA has gone down(that's free money they get to stay in school after 16, for those who don't know), college is harder to get into, Uni fees have gone up, uni loans are harder to get"

The little sh*ts who are doing this say "It's cuz the police, they nick you fer stoopid things innit..." few seconds earlier he said he's covering his face because he's not law abiding.

Damn those police for doing their job when you break the law. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

kleefarr wrote: »
    As far as I remember, unless it's changed, just the possibility of someone firing a gun in angry is enough to get you shot by police.
    Mark Duggan was not as innocent and peaceful as some would like to believe, I have been told.

Innocent until proven guilty.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

ch750536 wrote: »

If you are carrying a gun then you are not innocent.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

kleefarr wrote: »
    That's correct. The police involved claim that he was 'waving the gun around'. I don't believe this claim has been proven or disproven yet, but if true it is pretty standard practice for the police to just shoot the suspect (justifiably imo).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

stevenmu wrote: »
    That's correct. The police involved claim that he was 'waving the gun around'. I don't believe this claim has been proven or disproven yet, but if true it is pretty standard practice for the police to just shoot the suspect (justifiably imo).

i think the police should start just shotting more people tbh, a criminal wouldnt think twice about shooting a Policeman or anyone else.

shoot the lot of them, and watch crime drop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

If you are a known crack dealer, gang leader, and carry a gun (local community figures confirming that, not just police), then you ain't innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Did they ever try that man with the little moustache who caused a ruckus around Europe about 70 years ago? Must be innocent so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Iran urging UK to inverstigate Human rights abuses well I never:D

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16046569

Advertisement