Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

The wife of the killed fellow said on TV ... he had a gun in his hand yeah but why did the police shoot him dead, why not shoot him in the hand.

Surprised the army hasnt been called in yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

With an armed target you aim for the centre, the chest. Largest and easiest target

This shoot to wound is for armchair snipers and video game players.
    And if they missed his hand and hit a bystander the officer will either get shot or end up in court and maybe both

Though I know I'll get quoted and get a youtube clip with the American sniper who shot a gun from a gunmans hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

LighterGuy wrote: »
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Do you know if you look up history of rioting, you'll find these UK ones are quite mild.

Last year in Kyrgyzstan rioting killed 2000 people and it didn't make any news here at all.

Its a sad world we live in ... because if something doesnt directly effect. shock or pull a heart string with people. News reporters wont report.

Sure a bomb could go off tomorrow in the middle of Iran. Dozens Killed. It at best could get a 15 second news story. 2 people get killed in the uk ... different story.

World we live in.

terrorism borne of politics/ religion has nothing to do with little jimmy. our youth is apparently what it's all about; best reflection of the state of a society and our adults of tomorrow but when their 1st generation skanger parents are actually molding them into their image and sending their little soldier out to hunt and gather the wrong way altogether then society has proven freedom and liberty does not necaserrily work. only proves they're free to take liberties. and leave Iran alone already, tired of that place being softened up for attack with an inevitability. Ive an uncle over there who split from my aunt and is glad to be back home away from london becuase he said the indigenous youths were very hostile toward him in recent years. and his dad gave me a nice bag of pistachios but that bitch can stay over in London tbh; lost her accent disturbingly quick once she emigrated. Completely :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

uberalles wrote: »

The wife of the killed fellow said on TV ... he had a gun in his hand yeah but why did the police shoot him dead, why not shoot him in the hand.

If that's true, it more or less totally exonerates the police. He may not have been going to shoot them (e.g. he may have panicked and took out the gun to throw it away) but if police see a gun in his hand and rapid movement, they are going to shoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

f*cking skank culture.. You duurty little raving idiot snide herbert dregs of eternity. some nerve accusing anything else of being hipster; you f*cling self inflicted arrested development recessive degenerate toddlers of intellect and fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭crystallove

really terrible,we must be more careful...
    life is not easy indeed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

What is wrong with that? People in England would naturally be more interested in events in England than they would be in Iran, just like Iranians would be more interested in what happens there than in London.

If news reports were to deal with all global tragedies and events equally regardless of location then there wouldn't be enough time in the day to cover it all.

So basically if something does reflect to you ('you' being people in the context you quoted me on) then it dont matter.

Obviously something home is going to matter more. So lets step back with that train of thought. .... cause at the same time, something that doesnt hit home ... dont really matter/effect then does it?

So we can bring in the emotion of not really caring then. Sure, we say its wrong, pass our opinions, our judgements. But it doesnt really matter since we are not in the situation right? ... just all talk.

re-read that and reflect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

So basically if something does reflect to you ('you' being people in the context you quoted me on) then it dont matter.

Obviously something home is going to matter more. So lets step back with that train of thought. .... cause at the same time, something that doesnt hit home ... dont really matter/effect then does it?

So we can bring in the emotion of not really caring then. Sure, we say its wrong, pass our opinions, our judgements. But it doesnt really matter since we are not in the situation right? ... just all talk.

re-read that and reflect.

Speaking of re-reading, this post is incredibly incoherent. Babelfishalicious.

Speaking of re-reading, this post is incredibly incoherent. Babelfishalicious.

Ok,
    how about this ... (shorter version)

- People are scum (hence the riots and looting, it aint just skangers, its so called "normal" people too... view the videos out there to see)
    - People dont care about something that doesnt concern them personally. (in refernece to your reply)
    - people are fu*king idiots. Many people have said (as tv stations have reported today) that "police are using brutal force" to contain this riot :rolleyes:
    - many interviews have been shown today on bbc news and sky news of locals in "support" or "understanding" of why people are rioting and looting.

My overall point?
    People are scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Tehachapi

djrichard wrote: »
    I stumbled across this, horrific new footage of the riots in Manchester. I dont think they could broadcast this on tv.

http://www.zocial.tv/today/News/24476111/manchester-riots-2011-scenes-from-whalley-range

FFS a warning of the content would have been nice. Post reported :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Tehachapi wrote: »
    FFS a warning of the content would have been nice. Post reported :mad:
    I'd consider the fact it was described as 'horrific' and not suitable to be broadcast on tv as a sufficient warning tbh...
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

This is the point when the brits need to wake the fcuk up and quit with the nanny welfare state. I cant even believe I wrote that, but this is whats its come to. A bunch of selfish bastards out looting for Stuff.

there's nothing political about it, there's no cause they're fighting for. There's just excuses about social justice while scum go after ipads in the apple store.

They need to throw away the key on those convicted. There's already insane stories about perpetrators getting a gentle telling off, and bbeing set free.

The brits need to get their sh*t together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Those brave Sikhs are amazing. Proper British people.

it aint just skangers, its so called "normal" people too.

I read a report on the occupations of those convicted. mostly "normal" people.

Greedy selfish sociopathic "normal" people.

Typical brits in other words.

Another thing that pisses me off is that I find i'm turning into a Right Winger on this, and its not my normal philosophy...

:mad:

If that's true, it more or less totally exonerates the police. He may not have been going to shoot them (e.g. he may have panicked and took out the gun to throw it away) but if police see a gun in his hand and rapid movement, they are going to shoot.

I know.

Cops are trained to respond 100% to a threat. These dumb sh*t comments about why didnt they just shoot him in the leg/hand/foot/whatever is such utter nonsense.

they're thinking old westerns or something, where one shot always stops the bad guy. but real life doesnt work that way, if you shoot someone in the leg its more likely they're going to start shooting back at you, rather than throwing their hands in the air in surrender. Getting shot in the leg will hurt like hell but its not likely to stop someone from shooting back.

Maybe its time the brit cops were armed. Let the limeys learn a little about how guns actually function.

A little less gun control and the victims of this violence could have defended themselves. Maybe i've been in the US too long...

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I read a report on the occupations of those convicted. mostly "normal" people.

Greedy selfish sociopathic "normal" people.

Typical brits in other words.

See that out your window?
    real..harsh...ugly world. yeah thats the real world.

Wanna know the difference between the scum doing these riots and say average people like you and me? .... with the scum its alot easier to see their ways. Most people just show it in other ways.

While scum like that will riot and steal. average joe like to place nice officially, shaking your hand while sticking a knife in your back at the same time (figure of speech)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Met Release more pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

This is the point when the brits need to wake the fcuk up and quit with the nanny welfare state. I cant even believe I wrote that, but this is whats its come to. A bunch of selfish bastards out looting for Stuff.

A minoity are doing this, but you want to scrap something which is of huge benfit to the majority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

Another thing that pisses me off is that I find i'm turning into a Right Winger on this, and its not my normal philosophy...

:mad:

Come to the dark side Luke!

You know what they say, a bleedin' heart liberal is just a conservative that hasn't been mugged yet.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

marcsignal wrote: »
    Met Release more pics.

Glad to see that muppet who posted a picture of himself with his haul on twitter (s1) is up there. What a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Nice too see the people on the clip on Sky discussing the real reasons that this has happened- not lack of benefits and rich people etc but lack of role models and sh*tty parenting.

I do disagree with Sheldon very slightly regarding putting materials ahead of life, I think that this mostly happens with this margin of society because of the people they look up to, rappers who never stop going on about bling, violence etc.

50 Cent, Rihanna singing about how she "likes the way it hurts" was a disgrace following her assault, ntm Chris Brown's continued violent outbursts and his music doing better than ever WTF??

Also reality TV stars. Kerry Katona on and off the wagon, Jordan and her mountains of clothes and cosmetic surgery, Peter Andre on holiday every five minutes.

Most middle class people I know place far more importance on spending quality time with their families and friends. Our thinking is "we have to work alot so we'll spend as much time as we can getting the most out of life". Surely if there's a danger that a mother will lose her son to knife/ gun crime she wouldn't let him out of her sight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

marcsignal wrote: »
    Met Release more pics.

the tanned guy just gets called a male, while the white girl is just called a girl,

just wondering why the need to say black or white (sorry Michael) sure we can see for ourselves the color of the people,

and if the description is for the color blind or sight impaired they could not tell who it is anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Nice too see the people on the clip on Sky discussing the real reasons that this has happened- not lack of benefits and rich people etc but lack of role models and sh*tty parenting.

I do disagree with Sheldon very slightly regarding putting materials ahead of life, I think that this mostly happens with this margin of society because of the people they look up to, rappers who never stop going on about bling, violence etc.

50 Cent, Rihanna singing about how she "likes the way it hurts" was a disgrace following her assault, ntm Chris Brown's continued violent outbursts and his music doing better than ever WTF??

Also reality TV stars. Kerry Katona on and off the wagon, Jordan and her mountains of clothes and cosmetic surgery, Peter Andre on holiday every five minutes.

Most middle class people I know place far more importance on spending quality time with their families and friends. Our thinking is "we have to work alot so we'll spend as much time as we can getting the most out of life". Surely if there's a danger that a mother will lose her son to knife/ gun crime she wouldn't let him out of her sight?

come on now you need to give Peter a break here, hees a good family man, plus he takes the kids on holliday with him, and kerry is doing ok at the moment, we all need to make mistakes to learn its what we do with the information we just learned to turn our lives around that counts,

the rest of them your pretty much right about, but in saying that they earn well above the average wage so they dont need to sweat the small stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Ive a mate I england ....

"It started raining last night so things are quieting down. Good job the kids haven't got waterproof hoodies"

It's funny seeing them on TV saying "we got noffin init so I gonna rob da shops" while they are texting from their £300 Blackberrys.

Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

I think that this mostly happens with this margin of society because of the people they look up to, rappers who never stop going on about bling, violence etc.

But they're are just reflections of what society has become, the are not the driving influences behind societal change or unease.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I blame the Vicky Pollards of this world... creating feral youth after feral youth

and the welfare system for encouraging it (its the same in this country)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

But they're are just reflections of what society has become, the are not the driving influences behind societal change or unease.

Fair enough Carcrash Katona had a rough time as a kid, but Andre and Price didn't- 20 nannies between them, cameras in the kids faces and all they're teaching them is that preening and spending gets you everywhere in life. Ditto for some of the soccer stars.

I would agree that society has to answer for the amount of resources these people have at their disposal (because they do literally dispose of resources) but it's time for them to learn the lesson now. FFS, the kids who are looting are also disrupting classes for the other disadvantaged children preventing them from getting the education that they want/ deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

fryup wrote: »
    I blame the Vicky Pollards of this world... creating feral youth after feral youth

and the welfare system for encouraging it (its the same in this country)
    But for some reason, that's not really up for debate. Same as changes in the criminal justice system to keep violent recidivists from further harming the public - it's just not on the table for discussion.

Advertisement