Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

steve9859 wrote: »
    Not as pissed of as they'll be when the police bash down their door!
    Let them then send them to prison and the vicious circle continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Let them then send them to prison and the vicious circle continues.

So we let them go?

Or are you suggesting we execute them? That would end the cycle...

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

'Mr Cameron also said the government was looking at banning potential troublemakers from using social media'

Davids gonna block potential troublemakers from joining facebook:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

The elites are scared as the underclass rises up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

:rolleyes: Tell that to the families of the three men murdered by a scumbag driving on to the pavement and knocking them over. Were they very elitist?

Get a grip, you may be a teenager but still, bit of cop on would help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Thugs nicking Reeboks is 'the underclass rising up' is it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

The underclass have done a good job of turning the 95% of people in Britain who aren't in the underclass against them this week.

They maybe very concerned for their futures, and people might have listened had they organised a peaceful protest to highlight this.

As it is, there are hundreds of thousands outraged at them and demanding severe punishments and an end to benefits for those convicted.

The "underclass" have as much chance of instigating a revolution at this point as they ever have had. None.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

steve9859 wrote: »
    Thugs nicking Reeboks is 'the underclass rising up' is it??

Oh no no, its the scum who pretended to aid a young men lying in his own blood to then steal from him, ya see, he was elitest. Maybe it was the other elderly people trying to protect their homes and themselves who were attacked or intimidated, sure they are really elitest. And of course, it is definately those elitest asses who decided to create jobs in the communities with family businesses, they are most definately the elitest, hence burning them down or looting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Not sure if you were being sarcastic...but if aren't...those rioters do not have any legitimate cause. It was simply a case of an opportunity to loot and destroy public property.

I have read some online articles today and it is shocking that some of them are actually students, professionals and even one is a millionaire's daughter!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2025017/LONDON-RIOTS-The-heeled-join-downtrodden-looting-spree.html

I think this was simply a case of greed and an opportunity for people to get things they have not worked for. It is actually quite shocking because some of them already possess most of the items they were stealing. I think it is a reflection of the total lack of self control, misguided priorities that encapsulates the world we live in.

Elites dont give a **** ..they make it happen..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

AND THEY STILL DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARE PISSED OFF

So you think that makes them entitled to do as they please?

God help the scumbags, so, because the decent law-abiding people whose homes and businesses were destroyed are even more pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

They have risen as far as they can go and now they will be rightly smashed down by the "elites" and the vast majority of law abiding citizens. If this was their chance to be heard, well I think they have pretty much blown it!!

Blondie919 wrote: »

They have risen as far as they can go and now they will be rightly smashed down by the "elites" and the vast majority of law abiding citizens. If this was their chance to be heard, well I think they have pretty much blown it!!

Many of those law abiding citizens, incidentally, being members of their own 'working class' communities

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Not sure if you were being sarcastic...but if aren't...those rioters do not have any legitimate cause. It was simply a case of an opportunity to loot and destroy public property.

I have read some online articles today and it is shocking that some of them are actually students, professionals and even one is a millionaire's daughter!

I think this was simply a case of greed and an opportunity for people to get things they have not worked for. It is actually quite shocking because some of them already possess most of the items they were stealing. I think it is a reflection of the total lack of self control, misguided priorities that encapsulates the world we live in.

A millionaire's daughter really down in brixton rioting? setting alight to historic buildings? stripping people naked to steal their clothes?or simply a distraction in the media to blind people.
    Ahh Yeah sure it was allsorts .movie stars,seen pippa middleton there as well...a free for all..sure you never know might to next one myself!!
    simple as that yes??..no race issue no gangs issue nothing simple as that thank you goodnite Irene...lets forgot about it ..wont happen again etc
    Mad coincidence how most of the gangs are located where the trouble flared..sure guess that its simply down to greed..bad parents..etc etc

http://gangsinlondon.blogspot.com/

Stroke of genuis btw Cameron to clean up the scum from London in time for the Olympics..should suss out was legal and who is not for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

One of my favourite quotes is "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" by Marx.
    But I don't think it ever was and never will be a complete just society like this.

The best we can hope for is a two thirds society, with a majority doing ok, or even well, while a minority is doing less well.
    At the moment that minority is provided for by the majority and does have enough to make a living. Only very few are homeless and those are usually out there because of drugs or similar issues.

Many more feel left out and alienated by people that rush past on their way to an important meeting. Some of these revel in being hoodlums and creating a sense of "respect" by simply beating up people that don't give them "respect".
    These are the people we need to address somehow.

The rioters in England are like football hooligans, some are dangerous criminals and some are just kids with nothing better to do than stir up a fight and try to score some loot. They blame the police and society in general when they should be blaming their peers and the older generation that showed them how to behave like scumbags.
    Imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

I'd say the elites weren't all that scared. What with no yachts been torched, Buckingham palace unmolested, Tory clubs left alone.

89 year old barbers were scared though.

biko wrote: »

Many more feel left out and alienated by people that rush past on their way to an important meeting. Some of these revel in being hoodlums and creating a sense of "respect" by simply beating up people that don't give them "respect".

Its simply just not possible for everyone to have everything they want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

One of my favourite quotes is "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" by Marx.
    But I don't think it ever was and never will be a complete just society like this.

The best we can hope for is a two thirds society, with a majority doing ok, or even well, while a minority is doing less well.
    At the moment that minority is provided for by the majority and does have enough to make a living. Only very few are homeless and those are usually out there because of drugs or similar issues.

The rioters in England are like football hooligans, some are dangerous criminals and some are just kids with nothing better to do than stir up a fight and try to score some loot. They blame the police and society in general when they should be blaming their peers and the older generation that showed them how to behave like scumbags.
    Imo.

Quite possible in the narrow context of our own society, place it on a global scale and we have something more resembling a one fifth society

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Just back from a week of work in London. A lot of the trouble was blown way out of proportion by the media.

i agree the prople/humans who dispose you is full of the purist **** they have not been involved in the scumniss but life is life to know is to be before discover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Can anyone tell me what the report on Channel 4 was? Was it just on the news or was it a documentary? Wanted to watch it on 4od...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Imo.

Quite possible in the narrow context of our own society, place it on a global scale and we have something more resembling a one fifth society

Actually the difference within countries is greater than the difference between countries. There being no billionaire countries.

Can anyone tell me what the report on Channel 4 was? Was it just on the news or was it a documentary? Wanted to watch it on 4od...

The report about the arrests? It was just toward the end of the news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

4Sheets wrote: »
    A millionaire's daughter really down in brixton rioting? setting alight to historic buildings? stripping people naked to steal their clothes?or simply a distraction in the media to blind people.
    Ahh Yeah sure it was allsorts .movie stars,seen pippa middleton there as well...a free for all..sure you never know might to next one myself!!
    simple as that yes??..no race issue no gangs issue nothing simple as that thank you goodnite Irene...lets forgot about it ..wont happen again etc
    Mad coincidence how most of the gangs are located where the trouble flared..sure guess that its simply down to greed..bad parents..etc etc

http://gangsinlondon.blogspot.com/

Stroke of genuis btw Cameron to clean up the scum from London in time for the Olympics..should suss out was legal and who is not for a start.

What are you trying to say? The reality of the situation is a millionaire's daughter was charged today in London for stealing £5000 worth of electronics, stuff that she probabbly has in abundance in her house.

Amongst those charged include teachers, law/accountancy/engineering/web design/IT students, estate agents, charity workers, a postman, carers...all of different races!...I am attaching a link earlier provided:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/aug/11/uk-riots-magistrates-court-list?intcmp=239

As for the location of where the riots occured, the rioters might be idiots but they wont exactly go riot next to Downing street :rolleyes:...You will be so surprised that some of those gangs you talk about did not support the riots because it affected thier business of drug peddling, prostitution etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Makes sense: how many scummers will be deterred from looting tonight and in future, seeing the cops going into people's homes and taking them away?

Clever move.
    Wertz wrote: »
    It's not about the scummers though...it's about reinstilling confidence in the police among the masses, just like any of those traffic cops show they run ad infinitum on sky; look it's all safe now, we're back in control.
    Police need some PR...murdoch's lot are only too happy to oblige.
    Makes sense: how many scummers will be deterred from looting tonight and in future, seeing the cops going into people's homes and taking them away?

Clever move.
    Wertz wrote: »
    It's not about the scummers though...it's about reinstilling confidence in the police among the masses, just like any of those traffic cops show they run ad infinitum on sky; look it's all safe now, we're back in control.
    Police need some PR...murdoch's lot are only too happy to oblige.

They're very fond of PR, spend a fortune on it as revealed by the Murdoch scandal.

Many of the same right wing types lauding these raids will be calling for cuts to pay and pensions in 6 months time, because of some Sun or Mail story!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »

Many of the same right wing types lauding these raids will be calling for cuts to pay and pensions in 6 months time, because of some Sun or Mail story!

You have to be a right wing type, without a mind of your own, to support the looters getting arrested, do you??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

:rolleyes: Tell that to the families of the three men murdered by a scumbag driving on to the pavement and knocking them over. Were they very elitist?

Get a grip, you may be a teenager but still, bit of cop on would help.

Fúck Everyone And Riot

For Each Atrocity Rebellion

Freedom Encourages Anarchy Regardless

• KINGVictor wrote: »
    What are you trying to say? The reality of the situation is a millionaire's daughter was charged today in London for stealing £5000 worth of electronics, stuff that she probabbly has in abundance in her house.

Amongst those charged include teachers, law/accountancy/engineering/web design/IT students, estate agents, charity workers, a postman, carers...all of different races!...I am attaching a link earlier provided:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/aug/11/uk-riots-magistrates-court-list?intcmp=239

As for the location of where the riots occured, the rioters might be idiots but they wont exactly go riot next to Downing street :rolleyes:...You will be so surprised that some of those gangs you talk about did not support the riots because it affected thier business of drug peddling, prostitution etc...

I actually agree with him. The press are singling out the few people who were professional/white/rich, but I don't think there's a lot of doubt that such people did not make up the majority of looters. You only had to see footage (or see it in real life, as I did) to notice that. The press are going out of their way to make it look like it was all races - I've lost count of how many times a news presenter or paper has stressed that a suspect is white. It's always 'look at the tall blond guy in the hoody' or 'he was attacked by a white male'. When a black person is involved, the colour of their skin is rarely mentioned. It's ridiculously over-PC and actually quite counterproductive. If they have to point out that someone is white, it means they're surprised they're not black.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Think it was a repeat of the series from 2010 called "Coppers".

Showing it on C4 +1 now till midnight.

Following the Riot Control Unit at an EDL march (with a counter protest from anti-fascist group!) in Bolton in March 2010.

It's the last in the series.

Was very good last week following the trouble on an average Saturday Night in Leeds.

Very good timing for the repeat of the series from C4!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

KINGVictor wrote: »
    ...Amongst those charged include teachers, law/accountancy/engineering/web design/IT students, estate agents, charity workers, a postman, carers...all of different races!...I am attaching a link earlier provided:

I said it before, i'll say it again, people are scumbags. Stuff like this just shows it. yes, theres good people. But the "grey area" out weighs the good with your average person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Question Time followed by One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest...The BBC has a sense of humour. :D

Advertisement