Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

orourkeda wrote: »
    we are millwall

super millwall

no one likes us

we dont care

Wrong side of the river!!!

The twats rioting so thick. They haven't copped on that they won't be getting their nightly snackbox later cos they've burnt the takeaway down!

Been caught in london riots enough to know that they don't give a toss who they hurt. Its their own community they a damaging ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Watching it live on BBC 1 now. It looks very tense.. huge police presence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Watching it live on BBC 1 now. It looks very tense.. huge police presence.

Sounded like that guy who was reporting for the BBC was in trouble as they left him there.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

phone in on LBC for those interested

http://www.lbc.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sounded like that guy who was reporting for the BBC was in trouble as they left him there.......
    Yeah, did anyone else hear a thud and then the reporter go 'ow' just as they cut away?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

A lot of yoof involved in postcode based nonsense goes on thereabouts -15 year olds carrying blades who just don't give a sh1t and fear no one. Very often no father figures on the scene.

There are nice spots up around Alexandra Palace and Muswell Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

stupid stupid people what ever about being out protesting but setting shops and peoples cars/vans on fires is beyond stuid, looks like the cars beside the vans on sky are going to go up as well now:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

'Arry has finally given in to Modrics wishes i take it??:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

brummytom wrote: »
    Yeah, did anyone else hear a thud and then the reporter go 'ow' just as they cut away?

Yeah he said people were pushing him as well. Wouldn't like to be in the midst of it myself tbh, mob mentality seems to have taken over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Hope it calms down soon, not nice to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

You would think these people would be thanking the police for killing a man who carried a gun around in their community. Well, you would if you didn't know what some areas of London are like.

A ****ed up bunch of people with a ****ed up set of morals. We really are seeing the dregs of humanity on our tv screens tonight. An embarrassment to Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Apparently police suspect arsene

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Apparently police suspect arsene

Woeful :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

There are nice spots up around Alexandra Palace and Muswell Hill.

Most of Tottenham is actually lovely, the houses are lovely big red-brick victorians, the parks are fantastic and very well maintained, it's on the Lea Valley which is gorgeous. The council is Haringey which is just about the best council in London so the facilities, gyms, libraries, etc, are top-notch for a low council tax. Only 15 minutes from Oxford Circus by the fastest tube line. But christ do so many of the people there make it a horrible hole of place.

I lived there from '05-'08 and found it such a weird place. It should be fantastic but it's a complete nightmare. I lived about a 90 second walk from where the footage of the riots is and I really wouldn't be surprised if about half of my old neighbours are involved. I really feel for some of my other (nice) neighbours if they still live there.

Hope it calms down soon, not nice to see.

Well it would appear it has compared to a few hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Riot in Tottenham... oh, it'll be all excitement & promise at the start... but inevitably peter out with nothing to show for all the hubbub.

I'd actually had Fulham down for a riot & Tottenham for a four all brawl...

Following a reporter on twitter who is at the scene. He's saying tv crews have been beaten and mugged! Wonder if that's why sky and bbc aren't live right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Following a reporter on twitter who is at the scene. He's saying tv crews have been beaten and mugged! Wonder if that's why sky and bbc aren't live right now?
    Crowd now attacking a police car. We are being forced to withdraw. BBC sat truck attacked

http://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewts

I'd actually had Fulham down for a riot & Tottenham for a four all brawl...

Hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭teol

The Koreans know how to have a proper riot, not mindless thuggery that the Irish and English knackers get up too.

Crowd now attacking a police car. We are being forced to withdraw. BBC sat truck attacked
    http://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewts

I say.. could you stop banging the side of my van? I am trying to cover your frightfully awful riot here for the BBC...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Jeez going by that they were down as far as Bruce Grove an hour ago, I would hate to be there right now, the roads off tottenham high road are like a rabbit's warren, it must be very frightening for the residents. Bludy thugs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Looks like we could have some new events in the olympics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

teol wrote: »
    The Koreans know how to have a proper riot, not mindless thuggery that the Irish and English knackers get up too.

Don't piss off a bunch of ex-Special Forces vets!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Its all Arsenal fans causing this.

Only excitement they get all year.

.....................................:pac:

Lapin wrote: »
    Its all Arsenal fans causing this.

Only excitement they get all year.

.....................................:pac:

I'll have you know we are exceptionally well behaved :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

chasm wrote: »
    Jeez going by that they were down as far as Bruce Grove an hour ago, I would hate to be there right now, the roads off tottenham high road are like a rabbit's warren, it must be very frightening for the residents. Bludy thugs!

Lots of the shots on Sky and the BBC are at the end of Bruce Grove, where the Winkworth estate agency is. The riots have gone further up the High Road than that as Iceland and Aldi have both been looted. And there are rumours that it's going on as far as Broadwater as that's where Duggan lived. I lived on Woodside Gardens, just off Bruce Grove, so if the rumours are true there is probably some trouble on my old street.

So glad I'm not there now, especially as my husband worked a lot of nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

A scum of the earth drug dealer shoots at a police officer,Police kill the man,And these c*%ts riot..aghhhhhhh i fookin hate these cants

• Advertisement

@rickin_majithia following this guy on twitter. Seems to be getting worse.

Advertisement