Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Hate the way some of the News stations keep calling them "Protesters".

There Looters, send in water cannons now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Met Commisioner asking parents to actually look after their own children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,423 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What was lad saying when guard was talking to media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

mikemac wrote: »
    Some of these youth leaders are infuriating :mad:

While I'm not a UK taxpayer I wouldn't be happy if these people were working for the State

Complete apologists for what's happening and saying harsh police tactics caused it all

Youth 'enlightenment' worker on Sky News blaming the Met for the rioting of course.
    Load of old cobblers and a load of old bollox .These thugs have parents who should be out dragging their ....offspring home .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

f*cking scum, they couldn't give a sh*t about the guy who was shot by police , just using this as an excuse to be the dirty chavs they are - declare marshall law now ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Seriously why the fcuk aren't the cops barrelling through there on horses heavily armed? Ridiculous surrendering like they've gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

amacachi wrote: »
    It's funny though, as with here the type of people doing this crap are those who left school at 13 or 14 and whose solicitors and politicians will go on about a lack of opportunities etc. for them. **** 'em tbh.

Sure, f*ck 'em...won't change the fact that they exist and they're pissed off and taking it out on wider society largely unchallenged though.
    Rightly or wrongly they perceive a wrong doing toward their community and they're taking action...I think all this is a bit more serious than the love ulster parade and a few celtic fans. Last time all this went down, the instigators tried to behead a policeman...last time it was confined to one area of London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Forget about sending in extra police from southern England. They should be drafting in the psni complete with baton rounds, land rovers and water cannons

• Advertisement

Croydon station has being closed down due to skirmishs with police

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

amacachi wrote: »
    Seriously why the fcuk aren't the cops barrelling through there on horses heavily armed? Ridiculous surrendering like they've gone.

Fear of making the violence etc worse.

Perhaps they are hoping they will just excuse the pun..... burn themselves out and just go home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Youth 'enlightenment' worker on Sky News blaming the Met for the rioting of course.

If you listened to the entire interview you'd know that he, in fact, didn't.
    Been watching Sky for a while; get the impression a lot of people were out earlier just to see if they could get on camera.
    Probably sky plused it and are back at home now seeing if they can spot themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Live coverage back on the BBC website. Thanks guys.

Reports now of trouble in west croydon. Its spreading.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Expect some very draconian laws in the UK when this is all over and a large swing to the far right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

RIM 's Blackberry BBM getting some amount free advertising out of this.
    (Viral Marketing gone wrong)

They may need to change the name of the "Torch"

I can see a large volume new sales to wanabae thugs now.(Also in Dublin)

I dont think they can temp shut down the BBM service as it is also used by the Government & Medical Staff !

RIM may face presure like what has happened in India and the UAE to open the logs after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

m_20110808-mfjt-33kb.jpg

Now if that cop would actually have any form of defence, be it a baton or a gun, this might not happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wertz wrote: »
    Sure, f*ck 'em...won't change the fact that they exist and they're pissed off and taking it out on wider society largely unchallenged though.
    Rightly or wrongly they perceive a wrong doing toward their community and they're taking action...I think all this is a bit more serious than the love ulster parade and a few celtic fans. Last time all this went down, the instigators tried to behead a policeman...last time it was confined to one area of London.

Oh for sure, when I feel an injustice what I do is burn other people out of their homes and start stealing things just because I can.

This politics thing is easier than I thought.

I'm watching it on tv but this is BBC I player which may /may not be available to some internet providers in ROI .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_news24/watchlive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'll look it up but it'll take a while

Lewisham, Hackney, Tottenham, Peckam

Are these all around the same area? Or vastly different areas of London?
    Not looking for great details, just are they all in the East for example?

I suppose reason I'm asking is one area can be controlled but if it was North, South, East, West it's a far bigger issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

hahah this ****ing idiot will regret posting this on facebook

http://imgur.com/KVvgW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

I always fear for those horses when I see them being lined up, would be scared that those fcukers will harm them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

As I happen to be paying taxes in the UK I will say this, forget the budget cuts send in the army in riot gear and use water cannons and rubber bullets. These animals deserve nothing else. Getting concerned this will spread across the UK(reports of trouble in Birmingham where next???).

He probably wasn't expecting a riot in Birmingham when he left the station earlier on though.

• mossyc123 wrote: »
    Plenty of parks and greenery.

Roads and paths in top class condition.

A lot of shops and good transport links.

It's not Utopian, but it's a hell of a lot nicer then Parisien Banlieues or the Projects in Major US Cities.

It's the people who live there that make it a kip.

Exactly. Subhuman scum like these looters will destroy everything that's ever put in front of them and then they complain about how 'disadvantaged' they are. Cry me a fcking river. Apparently one of the triggers was that the police 'beat' (as in hit a couple of times with a baton) a girl who threw a champagne bottle. So bloody what? She used a weapon and put people in danger. The moment she did that, she gave up the right to be left alone in peace. The police in Paris, Madrid or just about anywhere else would have done much worse.

It was a pain in the hole to get to work this morning (loads of lines delayed and some stations closed) and I'm sure tomorrow will be even worse. I'm so sick of living in London right now. You really do feel like a sucker and a moron for getting up early to go to work while so many other people behave like animals and get rewarded for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Interesting little tale from Upton Park just in. Hoodies there tried to attack a shop, and the shop owner and his staff came and beat them all up apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Met Commisioner asking parents to actually look after their own children.

They wont hear him as they are all watching Eastenders.

What do the parents of these young people actually think their kids are up to tonight? :confused:

mikemac wrote: »
    I'll look it up but it'll take a while

Lewisham, Hackney, Tottenham, Peckam

Are these all around the same area? Or vastly different areas of London?
    Not looking for great details, just are they all in the East for example?

I suppose reason I'm asking is one area can be controlled but if it was North, South, East, West it's a far bigger issue

Tottenham is North London,Lewisham,Peckham and Hackney are all South East London

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

This also came to mind

Wonder how brummytom is getting on over there??

Advertisement