Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Wertz wrote: »
    Hence the hoody/bandana/ballcap/scarf as a fashion item, anonymity and freedom to blend into a group.

Nicking bikes from halfords now too....obviously not picky :D
    Some of those hoodies/bandanas/ballcaps/scarfs only have to slip off for a second and 'snap' and loads don't seem to be bothered that their faces are being seen by the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭biddyteabags

Let the dogs at them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://t.co/1NTLNAE
    Info on trouble in Birmingham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

btw is the are possibility of inspired copycat incidents here amongst our own majority skanger population? They usually take a leaf out of their brethrens book over there.. certainly heard many more sirens today than usual.. but maybe they're just nervous and making their presence felt

I don't think so. Our social welfare is so generous that our "yoofs" are usually too drunk, high or involved in their xbox's to cause too much bother.

One of the few benefits of a well fair welfare state.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Sooopie wrote: »
    I always fear for those horses when I see them being lined up, would be scared that those fcukers will harm them.

I wouldnt worry too much about the horses - several thousand pounds of angry horse tends to be able to take care of itself in close quarters combat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Latchy wrote: »
    Police have said all photos of rioters/looters will be published .They have tons of cctv footage and must have thousends of photos .

If the anti-CCTV crowd had their way there would be nobody caught. I was genuinely surprised at the amount of people who were caught after the love ulster riots due to CCTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Trouble kicking off in clapham junction. 40 youths on the rampage there, station closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Red Ken is making aparty political broadcast

muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭budgemook

The black and white youth of London have been mixing for years now. It's scumbags from bad areas going mad. Nothing to do with race.

mikemac wrote: »
    I'd scatter if I saw a police dog coming at me

Send in the dogs

or the clowns, clowns are really f**king scary.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I suppose with all the redundencies in the drugs industry since Amy Winehouse's death something was bound to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

They riot in Belfast for a fortnight as a summer past time, every summer, regardless of police, water cannon or other detterents...I could see this become a London thing too...

Ken Livingstone is speaking some sense on BBC currently...certainly more than Boris would...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

sink wrote: »
    Looking objectively at the news footage it's actually a mix of all races. This riot has noting to do with race, just scumbags on the rampage.

^^^ Obligatory PC thanks whore post towing the boards liberal lefty line.

It started as a racial riot caused by the shooting of a man by the police who were acting in self defence. The local ethnic minorities are p1ssed with the police and society in general and they now find themselves joined by underclass scum who have crawled out of the woodwork to loot what they can, the riot is now a free for all and Scum comes in all colours you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Nodin wrote: »
    No, I don't think you are. However when these things go down, some people see what they want to see.
    Skin colour has nothing to do with it if the person is a scumbag trouble maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Some throw with that brick, maybe that guy should apply for the Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Latchy wrote: »
    Some of those hoodies/bandanas/ballcaps/scarfs only have to slip off for a second and 'snap' and loads don't seem to be bothered that their faces are being seen by the world

Why should they give a ****? Over 300 people have died in police custody in the last 10 years an no cops are held accountable. MP's have gotten off pretty much scott free after the expenses scandals.

Lots of those young lads will have been repeatedly stopped and searched for no reason by cops, the youth clubs that used to keep them off the streets are all gone, college is too expensive and there are no jobs for them.

Who the **** would care about getting in trouble with the feds.

Right now London is being held to ransom by a gang of kids and you know those kids are ****ing loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Picture of line of police in Birmingham (nicked from facebook)

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/284901_10150747539395366_651135365_20195383_884576_n.jpg

This is just round the corner, about 15 seconds walk from the Bullring - where the looting's going on... why are they just standing there?

The police really need to get tougher, fuck these scumbags

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sand wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry too much about the horses - several thousand pounds of angry horse tends to be able to take care of itself in close quarters combat.

Even if struck by a petrol bomb?

Why should they give a ****? Over 300 people have died in police custody in the last 10 years an no cops are held accountable. MP's have gotten off pretty much scott free after the expenses scandals.

Lots of those young lads will have been repeatedly stopped and searched for no reason by cops, the youth clubs that used to keep them off the streets are all gone, college is too expensive and there are no jobs for them.

Right now London is being held to ransom by a gang of kids and you know those kids are ****ing loving it.

Lots of those young lads probably never stepped foot in Tottenham or East Ham, they're just there for the rioting and looting.
    'College is too expensive' ? I'd be surprised half of them could spell 'cuts'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Way offtopic

But Harry Brown, a recent film with Michael Caine is very good. Great soundtrack too

Check it out, just all this reminded me of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Show Time wrote: »
    Skin colour has nothing to do with it if the person is a scumbag trouble maker.

Very true. Theres a few here who don't seem to share that view however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

If this were happening in Andy Town, The water cannons would be out.

Ken Livingstone on bbc news saying that reducing the numbers of police which is ongoing would be catastrophic now and also giving some interesting views on why this is hapenning .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'd scatter if I saw a police dog coming at me

Send in the dogs

Nah I just set me pitbull on 'im innit...ya get me blood...

The media have to take some responsibility here too....lot of folk seem to be just wanting to get on the TV and chat to their mates on the phone. Cut the TV feed and the phone entwork for a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

londonriotsmap.appspot.com

Handy integration of maps and tweets by post code, might help those unfamiliar with the various boroughs in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

dfx- wrote: »
    Even if struck by a petrol bomb?

Or shot? Or rammed by a car?

We can dream up all sorts of Superman vs. Batman scenarios here, but the police use horses to control crowds because ever since the dawn of time disorganised mobs have proven very vulnerable to the mass of disciplined horses charging down upon them. I've dealt with horses and believe me they are very big animals that you have to respect at all times - they can be very docile and nice and friendly, but Id be far more worried about some moronic twat getting a hoof to a face than I would be worried about the horse. Well - "worried" is the wrong word.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

And what they are doing now will change this?

Same boo-hoo bull**** over and over.

Way offtopic

But Harry Brown, a recent film with Michael Caine is very good. Great soundtrack too

Check it out, just all this reminded me of it

Good shout, good movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Some throw with that brick, maybe that guy should apply for the Olympics.

:D they could do some talent scouting for a few events:

hammer throw, sprinting, javelin, shot putt, high jump?

• Advertisement

No comment !

Advertisement