Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

amacachi wrote: »
    Am I the only person who has noticed a pretty high proportion of white people being involved even though most of the areas affected have relatively small white populations?

Some of the regulars on threads like this only see what they want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Why should they give a ****? Over 300 people have died in police custody in the last 10 years an no cops are held accountable. MP's have gotten off pretty much scott free after the expenses scandals.

Lots of those young lads will have been repeatedly stopped and searched for no reason by cops, the youth clubs that used to keep them off the streets are all gone, college is too expensive and there are no jobs for them.

Who the **** would care about getting in trouble with the feds.

Right now London is being held to ransom by a gang of kids and you know .those kids are ****ing loving it.

They are being stopped and searched for the reason that there is a major problem with guns, and the people who are being murdered are black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Stinicker wrote: »
    ^^^ Obligatory PC thanks whore post towing the boards liberal lefty line.

It started as a racial riot caused by the shooting of a man by the police who were acting in self defence. The local ethnic minorities are p1ssed with the police and society in general and they now find themselves joined by underclass scum who have crawled out of the woodwork to loot what they can, the riot is now a free for all and Scum comes in all colours you know.

LOL wut? I assume you're a journalist with a source within the IPCC who told you the cops were shot at the other day?
    Secondly what you're suggesting is that the minorities in the area have a reason for what they're doing while the whites don't, which is an awful lot more "PC" than anything anyone else was saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

THE MIDDLE EAST RISES UP FOR FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY. LONDON RISES UP FOR 48 INCH PLASMA TV'S

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Large amounts of Turkish people with baseball bats in Stoke Newington apparently, protecting their properties, shops,...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Croydon? Jebus... This is unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭RonBo88

jesus Croydon is getting a right hammering

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Latchy wrote: »
    Ken Livingstone on bbc news saying that reducing the numbers of police which is ongoing would be catastrophic now and also giving some interesting views on why this is hapenning .

If you got some of them out of their effing cars and stopping operating like some colonial force they might be more effective with less cops

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

brummytom wrote: »

The police really need to get tougher, fuck these scumbags hard up the ass without any lube

fyp ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

DON'T PANIC DON'T TALK

http://i55.tinypic.com/21cxauf.jpg

• Advertisement

That's Croydon ****ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ilford is one of the few areas on London I know and out East in Essex
    Nowhere close to these other areas

It's realy spreading across the city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Id say some shop keepers will kill or be killed defending their property tonight:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Just watching Sky news I really hope there is no one in them buildings currently going up in flames.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

KeithAFC wrote: »
    David Cameron still on holiday lol. What on earth is he doing.
    He is following in the footsteps of Lord Grafton who during the Wilkes riots of 1757 also jumped ship out of London.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Stinicker wrote: »
    ^^^ Obligatory PC thanks whore post towing the boards liberal lefty line.

It started as a racial riot caused by the shooting of a man by the police who were acting in self defence. The local ethnic minorities are p1ssed with the police and society in general and they now find themselves joined by underclass scum who have crawled out of the woodwork to loot what they can, the riot is now a free for all and Scum comes in all colours you know.

Well if you know that, why were you at so keen to make this about race in your earlier posts?

If nothing happens from their side the Met will lose any credibility they still had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Can Mary Mac send in the Army? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The cops have to be playing politics, it's the only explanation I can see for their almost total inaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

sink wrote: »
    Looking objectively at the news footage it's actually a mix of all races. This riot has noting to do with race, just scumbags on the rampage.

I actually saw a mix of different mix of races myself, Don't know if anyone saw a Skynews footage of a white dude with a plaster on his arm beckoning at the cops to come get him...

The truth is a lot of micreants are out on this streets of London basically breaking the law and it isn't restricted to a particular race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Just wondering when theyll call in the PSNI, the most experienced police force in the UK when it comes to dealing with rioters.

Cue "What you boys need is a bit of Belfast efficiency" sketch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Kicking off in Mitcham, Surrey now too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Londons burning, police have lost control completely. Send the army in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

If you got some of them out of their effing cars and stopping operating like some colonial force they might be more effective with less cops
    I'll see what I can do ...

Police commisioner asking for public to clear the streets and make it easier for the police to focus on the mob ...

shocking pictures of Croyden buildings and bus on fire ...some looting and danger of fire spreading to residential buildings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

budgemook wrote: »
    The black and white youth of London have been mixing for years now. It's scumbags from bad areas going mad. Nothing to do with race.

it's also a joining forces of the two most degenerate forms of music ever concocted, computer generated rave and fronting hip hop breaking down the racial divide to form a type of neo-degenerate "urban" scene.

it makes no diefference if these youth are black or White. They're both, combined. both of either races' most dysfunctional yoof cultures, forming a type of neo-dysfunctional

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭positron

Watching sky live coverage - Feels sick watching building going up in smoke in like that - this is not war or terrorist attack - just own people causing trouble. Shoot them at sight (rubber bullets), and I would hope it doesn't spread here..!

Bloody hell, this is going to be city-wide.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sand wrote: »
    Or shot? Or rammed by a car?

We can dream up all sorts of Superman vs. Batman scenarios here, but the police use horses to control crowds because ever since the dawn of time disorganised mobs have proven very vulnerable to the mass of disciplined horses charging down upon them.

It wouldn't be very difficult for someone in a crowd to hit a horse from distance by chance and especially at close distance unless you have a shocking aim..

They got hit and nearly trapped in the middle by the re-converging crowd when they charged at the student protests..

http://www.barnmice.com/video/12910-dramatic-video-of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Could the brits even mobilise enough troops for martial law if this reaches the conclussions it's looking it's going to?
    From the look of it there won't be enough frie engines to douse burning buildings nevermind police to protect the crews...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Wertz wrote: »
    They riot in Belfast for a fortnight as a summer past time, every summer, regardless of police, water cannon or other detterents...I could see this become a London thing too...

Ken Livingstone is speaking some sense on BBC currently...certainly more than Boris would...
    Could become a competition.

Advertisement