Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Latchy wrote: »
    I'll see what I can do ...

Police commisioner asking for public to clear the streets and make it easier for the police to focus on the mob ...

shocking pictures of Croyden buildings and bus on fire ...some looting and danger of fire spreading to residential buildings

Average Saturday night in Croydon then , least that can't be blamed on black youth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Sand wrote: »
    Just wondering when theyll call in the PSNI, the most experienced police force in the UK when it comes to dealing with rioters.

Cue "What you boys need is a bit of Belfast efficiency" sketch.

There only used to dealing with white people rioting, though.
    Some of the participants here are of a more dusky hue, so this is clearly a worse riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The amount of businesses on fire in Croydon. The whole place is on fire. There is no way the fire brigade can handle this. There will be many casualties tonight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sand wrote: »
    Just wondering when theyll call in the PSNI, the most experienced police force in the UK when it comes to dealing with rioters.

Cue "What you boys need is a bit of Belfast efficiency" sketch.

It's disgusting the difference in reaction to kids throwing stones in NI to looting and widespread arson in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Wow they may need to lockdown parts of the city ...but they dont have the man power !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

it's also a joining forces of the two most degenerate forms of music ever concocted, computer generated rave and fronting hip hop breaking down the racial divide to form a type of neo-degenerate "urban" scene.

it makes no diefference if these youth are black or White. They're both, combined. both of either races' most dysfunctional yoof cultures, forming a type of neo-dysfunctional

Surely you should add in computer games in your analysis, maybe a film like the matrix as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

kevmol88 wrote: »
    Ha. Reminds me of that old banner from the troubles.

Wertz wrote: »
    Could the brits even mobilise enough troops for martial law if this reaches the conclussions it's looking it's going to?
    From the look of it there won't be enough frie engines to douse burning buildings nevermind police to protect the crews...

I said last night that if they weren't going to carry out decisive action then things would escalate. It's now looking like they can't even draft in cops from elsewhere into London given that everywhere else is starting to pick up.

There still isn't a need for the army yet though. An immediate curfew with shoot-on-sight orders after 10pm using plastic bullets for now would tidy things up tonight at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

The only positive thing to out of this is that any Irish people being interviewed are the most articulate.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Irishman boxed in...find a pub mate and hope you get a lock-in.

Seriously though, poor guy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

amacachi wrote: »
    I said last night that if they weren't going to carry out decisive action then things would escalate. It's now looking like they can't even draft in cops from elsewhere into London given that everywhere else is starting to pick up.

There still isn't a need for the army yet though. An immediate curfew with shoot-on-sight orders after 10pm using plastic bullets for now would tidy things up tonight at least.

Would fairly ignite the situation if they killed someone with a plastic bullet now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Another Irish guy on bbc news quite hysterical on the spot in Croyden ...people are really scared ...90 year old woman and other familys terrified .

Helicoptor shot of large furniture store on fire there ....shocking

The mob know that starting fires stretchs the police /fire brigade resources and puts fear into everybody and the bastards dont give a fcuk who get injured or killed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

It'll cost a lot to rebuild London after all this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There still isn't a need for the army yet though.

Can they not do what they did on the Island in Limerick

The army man the barriers and block the streets but it's the police who deal with the public

The army don't even talk or deal with the public, just assist by blocking streets

Aid to civil power I believe it's called

Air support? Better get a few of those forest fire fighting planes tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Whats the "reason" for these attacks? I read someone was shot by the police a few days ago but don't know the circumstances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

nuxxx wrote: »
    Whats the "reason" for these attacks? I read someone was shot by the police a few days ago but don't know the circumstances

Its covered in the first few pages of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The fire brigade have only manaed to get to that burning furniture store now. I can't imagine what the fumes from that inferno are doing to the people who live nearby.

Not getting much information about Birmingham and Leeds on the news.

Scary stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

nuxxx wrote: »
    Peaceful protest hijacked by maniacs and continued by bored feral kids

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

d0h!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

They are rioting in Birmingham tonight. this could spread to other cities like Dublin i hope not but the scum on streets are into copy cutting

Would fairly ignite the situation if they killed someone with a plastic bullet now
    If so then the cops should escalate further with the support of the army. With the amount going on now a single death of one of the perpetrators wouldn't constitute a heavy-handed respone IMO.
    mikemac wrote: »
    Can they not do what they did on the Island in Limerick

The army man the barriers and block the streets but it's the police who deal with the public

The army don't even talk or deal with the public, just assist by blocking streets

Aid to civil power I believe it's called
    Depends on their laws. Have a feeling that other than in NI they have to pass some kind of order or something (not well-read on UK law :pac: ) to deploy troops in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Sardonicat wrote: »
    The fire brigade have only manaed to get to that burning furniture store now. I can't imagine what the fumes from that inferno are doing to the people who live nearby.

Scary stuff.

Never mind the fumes, you can see the neighbouring buildings smouldering... Its a huge fire and the whole neighbourhood could go up in flames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Ahhh, the annual Hammersmith riots on tour.
    Welcome back the 80s/90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It wont spread to Dublin - give the Gardai some credit, they arent afraid to put a scumbags head through a window for the greater good.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

Those poor fcuking firemen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Sardonicat wrote: »

Scary stuff.

+1 to both of these. There are so many rumours going round on facebook about Birmingham, apparently Primark has been burnt down; but BBC/Sky are reporting bugger all from here. It would be nice to know what's going on!

The only things I've seen are pictures here obviously taken a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

• Advertisement

There still isn't a need for the army yet though.

Preemptively there is....this thing is gaining a momentum that is going to become harder to quell the longer it runs. Anyway I don't think they have the troops to mobilise on such short notice...for now they're having to make do with politicians telling everyone to go home and stop the messing.

Advertisement