Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,942 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Absurdum wrote: »
    sky news are showing live report of lots of brown youths smashing up ladbrokes and trying to rip the TV off the wall

Some posters are of the opinion that they are white lads sprayed brown.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The police need to just go in and start bashing some heads. These scumbags have no respect for anything, and the vast majority don't even know what started this. This is their own community for **** sake. What the hell is the matter with them?

What's worse is you can be sure that the main talking points in the next few weeks will be how the police used excessive force when they do eventually do something, and there'll be a picture of someone getting hit by a cop and that the 'poor fellow' had been doing nothing wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Looting a hairdressers? What's the point in that? It's not like you can steal a haircut.

I woz gettin de GHDs for me suzie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Extraordinary stuff watching the scum go unchecked.
    Unreal.
    ...And the more confident they get by the minute, the more damage will be done.

The mess that will need to be sorted tomorrow is going to be something shocking.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Rawhead wrote: »
    What are you on about, look at NI.

In case you hadn't noticed, NI was a bit of a special case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Spary tanned for the riot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

maybe they looted a fake tan store

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Cnn are having great coverage at the moment

All i see is some fanny strolling around the empty streets of Peckham with a bicycle helmet on.

Admittedly, i have the sound off and am not paying much attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Clapham High Street being looted now and no police around.

Ah nuts, i'm flying into London on Wednesday. Supposed to be picking up a bicycle and cycling out to milton keynes followed by birmingham the next day. I hope things are a bit quieter during the daytime.

Scummers.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ugh, talking about social media on Sky now, tools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

This is like one big traveller wedding. Incredible stuff.

Why are parents allowing there kids to be out of the house in these riots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Rawhead wrote: »
    What are you on about, look at NI.

Emergency powers that were applied for specifically for problems in NI.
    UK mainland is different kettle of fish...this level of rioting hasn't been considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

Absurdum wrote: »
    sky news are showing live report of lots of brown youths smashing up ladbrokes and trying to rip the TV off the wall

The colour balance on your TV must be off? :confused:

My politically correct tv setup indicates the ethnicities of the criminals is entirely stratified along whatever ratios the liberal media's agenda wants me to believe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Kiith wrote: »
    The police need to just go in and start bashing some heads. These scumbags have no respect for anything, and the vast majority don't even know what started this. This is their own community for **** sake. What the hell is the matter with them?

What's worse is you can be sure that the main talking points in the next few weeks will be how the police used excessive force when they do eventually do something, and there'll be a picture of someone getting hit by a cop and that the 'poor fellow' had been doing nothing wrong.

I think the police might be able to get away with bashing a few heads on camera in this case. Don't think there is going to be any sympathy for the one with the bashed head after the event this time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

baldbear wrote: »

Sure the parents were probably doing the same thing 30 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I hope this doesn't spread to Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Ties in with my anti-immigration theory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

They just stated that they dont own water cannons on the mainland only in NI.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The British Olympic committee must be watching this in horror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

snr Police officer asking again '' If people not involved in the looting /rioting get off home it will make it easier for police gain space to contain and deal with the mob '' .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Only 1,400 Police available !:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

robinph wrote: »
    In case you hadn't noticed, NI was a bit of a special case.

True this is fast becoming one though at least bring in people with riot control capibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

baldbear wrote: »

Seemingly, in Clapham, kids as young as 10 are involved. it seems the parents couldn't get a babysitter and brought the kids along to help carry stuff home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

4Sheets wrote: »
    Man I sick of this met bashing..they said would be light showers and it pissed today..:mad::mad:
    If you frequent the weather forum you would :)

I agree the police more or less seem to either under-numbered,inoncompeting or just letting it happen..I told my mate at 3 o clock today to be watching sky news..It was predictable..Most of white UK will be voting BNP esp as they show CCTV..Thats my theory anyway.

Well they need to fucking do something. A state of emergency needs to be declared. COBRA can't wait till the morning, the big calls need to be made now. Simple things like cutting the yobs communication links need to be done. Twitter/facebook and text message services need to be cut now.

They only have 1400 officers out there... There were more in Dublin for the queen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

Remember remember
    the 5th of november

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Interesting statistic there from the MET on the BBC they don't own any water cannon's and they've never been used in mainland UK. Only the PSNI have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

robinph wrote: »
    I think the police might be able to get away with bashing a few heads on camera in this case. Don't think there is going to be any sympathy for the one with the bashed head after the event this time round.
    A curfew put in place tomorrow would simplify things massively.
    DominoDub wrote: »
    Only 1,400 Police available !:eek:
    That has to be BS, there's almost 10 times as many as that in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

KeithAFC wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't spread to Belfast.
    Or any other city because it only take two or three knobheads to start these things off

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Some talk on twitter that Birmingham Children's Hospital is coming under attack.. wtf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Mark Stone, brave man :D

And apparently it's true that they attacked the children's hospital in Birmingham, utter scumbags.
    Surely this warrants extreme violence by the police ?

edit: This moron on Sky, 'we need to keep calm', no you ****ing don't, your capital is on fire and you're doing **** all.

Advertisement