Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

mike65 wrote: »
    Has boards had a breakdown?
    The hamster is tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

k.p.h wrote: »
    Scum ... Ah you mean the largely illiterate or poorly educated lower class people.

People can only go by their actions, not their literacy capabilities or their social background.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I am very surprised with the way the cops and the government work in Ireland that this sort of thing has not happened here yet,

but then to fookin lazy and subservient to even try to get a decent size peaceful protest going, (over 200k)

but it just might now in the wrong sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

Now this is how you control a crowd

Has to be a demo no? The precision is better than an Olympic opening ceremony?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Bad link..old..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

This is unreal.
    Sky news is showing buildings on fire, but no firefighters around. Shops getting smashed up and no police. Where are they all???
    Now it's spreading to Birmingham.:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

mike65 wrote: »
    I'd wouldn't be surprised if senior PSNI officers were not on their way and possibly if this keeps going a few hundred members of the Army based on NI.
    They being used to this sort of thing.

Shouldn't need any extra powers to get the PSNI water cannon deployed on the streets. A few of their armoured Land Rovers driving at the rioters should be enough to scare them off as well without needing special powers to get the army on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I'd rather utter apathy and an 'ah shur it'll be grand' attitude than burning furniture stores for no reason whatsoever.

If this spreads to Ireland my perception of Irish society will change forever.

• Advertisement

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    The emotional side of me feels for the people who are losing their homes, property and businesses. :(
    Same here - no question.

That large building in Croydon on fire I think had apartments above it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We all know what the real cause of this violence is...computer games. Grand Theft Auto turned them into mindless thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

joes girls wrote: »
    This is unreal.
    Sky news is showing buildings on fire, but no firefighters around. Shops getting smashed up and no police. Where are they all???
    Now it's spreading to Birmingham.:(

I know a guy who works in the shop that's on fire. It's ridiculous. Some buildings being destroyed survived the war, only for little knackers to torch them. Scumbag heads need serious busting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Feel so sorry for those poor business owners. Those scumbags should have their welfare cut and given back to these poor guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This lady has some stones. Out giving trouble makers a crash course in how ****ing stupid they are.

http://www.twitvid.com/4JTZH

Unknown West Indian woman for President!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Just was watching the ITV news.

So, the guy who got killed by police was carrying a weapon that originally could only fire blanks. But was "reactivated" (their words) so it could fire bullets ... however its reported it is incapable of firing the bullets that were found in a police radio the person accordingly shot at with said pistol.

So... stop me if I am wrong .... they shot this guy holding a replica/blank firing weapon. Then realise it was a replica gun. So stage a bullet going into a police radio.

If this is all true and accurate. That guy should NOT have been waving a replica/blank firing gun at police in the first place. And police reacted accordingly. I know that sounds harsh. But if you go waving something that looks like a legit weapon, let alone one thats been modified to re-fire live rounds... you're asking for bad things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I am very surprised with the way the cops and the government work in Ireland that this sort of thing has not happened here yet,

but then to fookin lazy and subservient to even try to get a decent size peaceful protest going, (over 200k)

but it just might now in the wrong sense.

I'm not suprised at all that it hasn't happened here.
    I don't think the Gardai would let it get to that stage.

I would hope that it never would.
    Hopefully there aren't Irish people that are that pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Talking lad on Sky News who lost his business...5 generations of family owned it. Can barely speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

This is getting scary. Now concerned for friends and family living in London. Although none of them living in the affected areas, the randomnise of it all is worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

the police will probably take control as the night goes on and into next day but nobody was expecting or really prepeard for this

A lot of people dont know it yet but can expect a gestapo type exit from their homes into the nearest police nick ...very very soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

MetalDog wrote: »

What a clown some looted a carpet place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I know its of little importance in the scheme of things but the England Holland match on Wednesday night will have to be in doubt now.

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Just was watching the ITV news.

So, the guy who got killed by police was carrying a weapon that originally could only fire blanks. But was "reactivated" (their words) so it could fire bullets ... however its reported it is incapable of firing the bullets that were found in a police radio the person accordingly shot at with said pistol.

So... stop me if I am wrong .... they shot this guy holding a replica/blank firing weapon. Then realise it was a replica gun. So stage a bullet going into a police radio.

If this is all true and accurate. That guy should NOT have been waving a replica/blank firing gun at police in the first place. And police reacted accordingly.

If what you say is accurate, the police reacted to what they though was a weapon that could kill.
    I won't expect them to do anything less than seek to quell the then situation as quickly as possible.

I've no sympathy for the shot man. Ya carry a weapon like that, you get it re-made to fire bullets, you get what ye deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Facebook page for Mark Duggan with people saying his family should have a press conference. I dont think these scumbags will listen to anyone at this stage.

Everyone watching sky news Murdoch should be happy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Mushy wrote: »
    Talking lad on Sky News who lost his business...5 generations of family owned it. Can barely speak.
    Yeah heard that. Poor man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Kiith wrote: »
    We all know what the real cause of this violence is...computer games. Grand Theft Auto turned them into mindless thugs.

Someone else said earlier it was down to rap music. I haven't decided which one I want to blame yet.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Listened to that. Very sad.

Advertisement