Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Ponster wrote: »
    Well done to the shopkeepers in Dalston who armed mostly with baseball bats are protecting their property and have charged down the scum that had just set fire to a restaurant.

Would love to see rioters seriously injured

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I know civil liberties would disagree but could the police not just shoot the rioters? or go in and beat the sh*te out of them?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

robinph wrote: »
    Missed the weather, did he say it was going to rain. A nice heavy thunderstorm would do wonders at stopping their desire to riot and feck about on the streets.

No rain. 22° for the next 4 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The looters are not doing Mark Duggans' memory any favours by thieving in his name.

I hope it's not deemed racist to enquire why all the looters are African?

They aren't......Of identiable races its been "white" "black" and "asian"(indian/pakistani etc). In one sense its been a wonderful display of community integration. fair enough its into an amorphous track suited mass of skangers, but there ye go.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

baldbear wrote: »
    I know civil liberties would disagree but could the police not just shoot the rioters? or go in and beat the sh*te out of them?

Nope, they can't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Nope, that's discrimination don't you know:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Ponster wrote: »
    No rain. 22° for the next 4 days

Lovely day for a riot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...because that worked out o so well before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Can't watch anymore of this. Its making me sick. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

On a realistic side, that would mean more inquiries for every death or injury, more court cases, more costly funerals that the state would inevitably have to pay for, more medical bills for the state to cough up for, more court time tied up in compensation claims, etc...

...And thats only one aspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

F*cking imbecile. Great big dose of Fail.

Carls..Heineken don't do riots, but if they did..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I agree, even with our small population Ireland is bigger than Dublin,

how well would they cope if it was wide spread (I know it may not happen but if it did?)
    Good point.
    However, we've a lot of urban sprawl in this country.
    Apart from a few small densely populated pockets in the main cities, Ireland tends to be very spread out population wise which would make "mob-rule" on a widespread scale difficult to achieve (thankfully) and hence very easy to quell.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

The kaiser chiefs Must be feeling pretty smug right about now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

guys i am of the younger generation. how long do these things usually go on for???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Journalist on The bbc feed down in Clapham now saying the looting by hundreds has being going on at major stores for two hrs now with no police in sight .The police must be stretched ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

robinph wrote: »
    Missed the weather, did he say it was going to rain. A nice heavy thunderstorm would do wonders at stopping their desire to riot and feck about on the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

late

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

The kaiser chiefs Must be feeling pretty smug right about now....

It took a while, but you have to hand it to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭biddyteabags

I think the guy on Sky News now is excited about whats going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Wonder why they can't have their Cobra meeting tonight?

Anyone?

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

guys i am of the younger generation. how long do these things usually go on for???

they usually last for around 5 days every 4 weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Now that they have finally realized how serious it is the fightback should begin tomorrow, but who knows - the riot/looting vibe is not something we have seen before - usually there is some identifiable reason for these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Twitter is over capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Latchy wrote: »
    Journalist on The bbc feed down in Clapham now saying the looting by hundreds has being going on at major stores for two hrs now with no police in sight .The police must be stretched ...

Yup the bf's uncle is based in surrey and hes on standby to go either to birmingham or london and has been since 9pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

Usually about a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

give it another day or so, then there will be nothing left to rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

foxinsox wrote: »
    Wonder why they can't have their Cobra meeting tonight?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Cameron has to return from his holiday.

In Tuscany, don't you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Hopefully not much longer ...next few days will see a much bigger picture of what further action will be taken .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Ah, would Sky News ever stop dismissing the idea of Water Cannon because it didn't prevent rioting in NI for 30 years.

Legitimate political struggle compared to pointless looting :rolleyes:

Advertisement