Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

400 asian men ran 150 scumbags out of their area according to a source on twitter -

this pleases me if true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

irish-stew wrote: »
    ...I cant imagine how you and Biggins feel tonight. Those who are in the middle of it, its either try and ride it out, or get the fcuk out. Those who dont live in those areas, its still a case of dont go out if you dont have to.
    Appreciate the thoughts.
    "Madmammy" (the wife) sister there should be really fine in all honesty.
    She said she's staying indoors, keeping all the kids in one bedroom tonight with her, furthest away from the front street windows.
    (She will try and make it a bit of a game for the younger kids I guessing)
    She said she won't be sleeping tonight - and I can understand why.

Bar the building catching fire or windows broken from projectiles being fired, all should be ok.
    The morning can't come quick enough for her I suspect. Its going to be a long night there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

guys i am of the younger generation. how long do these things usually go on for???

I've not seen or heard much that has followed this kind of pattern tbh. This is going to last as long as the government wants it to.

It's getting ridiculous now, I'm starting to wonder if there's a lot more politicking going on behind the scenes than I previously thought. The laws the UK has brought in in the last decade are not only extremely draconian but also open to massive abuse. I'm wondering now if they're letting this go on so that if anything happens in future they'll know they can let loose without any repercusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

"Getting my taxes back" :rolleyes:
    That's the type of idiots you're dealing with

@itv_news
    A Downing Street source says Mr Cameron is travelling on a UK military flight leaving Italy at 3am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Waterstones book shop not looted!

^ It made me lol :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Interestingly, Waterstones in Clapham Junction went unscathed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Geat debate on newsnight for anyone bored with the loops on the rolling news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

We need to prevent these scumbags coming to Dublin at all costs.we cant afford to rebuilt it!! .IMF meetings should be held in Belfast from now on...

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Some lad after stealing some Tesco brand rice

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpmnsvWYTr1qbgy1do1_400.jpg

Oh the shame. Im embarassed for his dumb ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

They can't use watercannon because the London police don't have any... you can be sure though there are some coming from NI and possibly France at the moment. Well at least I hope so.

Seems amazing they don't have watercannon.
    Surely they have other options.
    Some might say heavyhanded but even stuff like teargas etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

"we are getting our taxes back". WTF.

thee glitz wrote: »

Not much call for books in de hood.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

thee glitz wrote: »

They don't know what the shop sells I guess. Probably also not aware that paper burns quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

foxinsox wrote: »
    Waterstones book shop not looted!

^ It made me lol :rolleyes:

Am Getting to old and the legs ain't what they use to be;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Some lad after stealing some Tesco brand rice

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpmnsvWYTr1qbgy1do1_400.jpg
    Tesco's Rice new slogan.

"Come get it - its a steal!"

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    "we are getting our taxes back". WTF.

I bet not one of them has paid a tax, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

amacachi wrote: »
    I've not seen or heard much that has followed this kind of pattern tbh. This is going to last as long as the government wants it to.

It's getting ridiculous now, I'm starting to wonder if there's a lot more politicking going on behind the scenes than I previously thought. The laws the UK has brought in in the last decade are not only extremely draconian but also open to massive abuse. I'm wondering now if they're letting this go on so that if anything happens in future they'll know they can let loose without any repercusions.

Such as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Jake1 wrote: »
    @itv_news
    A Downing Street source says Mr Cameron is travelling on a UK military flight leaving Italy at 3am.

That's a bit lame I think.

Eh.. Mr. Cameron, your country is in bits! Get your arse home now!

You'd imagine he should have left hours ago or relayed instructions via phone/text/fax/telex/pigeon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

We've detoured to Dalston where a bus was set on fire in shacklewell lane earlier. The single deck bus is now cordoned off and there doesn't seem to be much damage, but the incident has clearly shaken the large Turkish community here. Many shopkeepers are on the street talking about how they chased away the gang of youths behind the bus fire.

"We beat up four of them quite badly and they ran off," one man, who wouldn't give his name, said. Another said: "this is not justice, coming here and trying to attack us." Notably several businesses are still open ascot usual here, unlike other violence hit areas.

We've just watched a mob of locals chase a gang of hoodies down the main road, with police vans on full siren in pursuit.

From Guardian.

Hopefully more take up that attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Seems amazing they don't have watercannon.
    Surely they have other options.
    Some might say heavyhanded but even stuff like teargas etc?

Not something that would have been required so why spend money on them. Dublin had to borrow the PSNI ones I believe a while ago didn't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Have you actually been watching the coverage? maybe my tv pictures are different but I have seen plenty of white faces.

This has clearly nothing to do with race.

most seem black or non white to me, by and large.

stupid little fcuks, some are just 7. should all be deported to the holes they come from.

this could erupt across the uk now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Haven't seen any live footage for over an hour! the ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

ascanbe wrote: »
    It also has similar buroughs with plenty of white english in them; as do other cities in Britain.
    Why do mention race as if it's the defining aspect of this?

I don't deny that, I just give my opinion on why its mostly black british that are engaged in the looting. Even from the photos of Croydon, a primarily white town, it appears that most of those participating are black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

guys i am of the younger generation. how long do these things usually go on for???

I would say tonight is the peak of the violence, there's no way it will be this bad tomorrow, and the police will have restored pretty normal order by Wednesday is my prediction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Maybe it's my short attention span but I'm done with looking at the burning building in Croydon for the last two hours

Why won't Sky move their helicopter somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

4Sheets wrote: »
    We need to prevent these scumbags coming to Dublin at all costs.we cant afford to rebuilt it!! .IMF meetings should be held in Belfast from now on...

...what?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sooopie wrote: »
    400 asian men ran 150 scumbags out of their area according to a source on twitter -

this pleases me if true

Everybody was kung fu figthing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

Jake1 wrote: »
    I bet not one of them has paid a tax, ever.

Probably. Tho I'm sure they've bought their fair share of lottery tickets, aka idiot tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ascanbe wrote: »
    How many police are there in London? How big a riot squad do they have?
    Where the f*ck are they all?

Not enough it seems. Essex and Bedfordshire forces are sending in units to assist.

Advertisement