Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

paconnors wrote: »
    just on twitter breaking into london zoo letting out animals now,

Sky News producer on Twitter says those reports are fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

Biggins wrote: »
    You can be sure on the remoteness of that happening, the army would be called out to protect them!

I doubt they even know where the place is. Besides once they see grass and trees and it automatically confuses them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Surely this is a joke?:eek:

http://yfrog.com/kh807bmj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

IvySlayer wrote: »
    People talking about seeing a lot of black people, I think 31% are from an ethnic background in London.

wasters so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

They can't use watercannon because the London police don't have any... you can be sure though there are some coming from NI and possibly France at the moment. Well at least I hope so.
    robinph wrote: »
    Can't think of any reason they couldn't use water cannon, apart from they don't have any. Water cannon might actually not be that useful for this kind of event though, are they not better for aiming at a big mass of people? These are just small groups that would easily disappear before the cannon would be able to take aim.
    When used at high pressure (when they get them ) they can disable several groups of individuals and as you say larger crowds which can be very effective

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Am I the only one wondering if the area around Government buildings like Westminster or Kensington were affected, the army would already be involved?

But these are fairly poor areas around London and while the Met may be doing their best I'm not seeing any urgency.
    Cameron not flying for another three hours, he's still in Italy. Cobra meeting tomorrow.

During Hurricane Katrina some areas got great protection from the National Guard and some poorer areas descended into chaos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I told my old man about that report of the animals being released, he said that the monkeys had already been let out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Jake1 wrote: »
    Oh the shame. Im embarassed for his dumb ass

Folks,

He's pointing a gun symbol at a perceived Asian bag of rice which is the root of the problem - Asian immigrants "stealing" jobs and taking social security is one of the main causes for unrest - which is kind of ironic given the vast majority of the rioters are clearly unemployed second generation African immigrants. Being second generation obviously makes a person far more worthy of free money.

It's a pretty typical attitude though for anyone immigrant or native - anyone else takes my place as the natural beneficiary of someone else's money and they are in for trouble. I was obviously here first.

Luckily in Ireland our benefits are so grand that no one will argue anything about benefits and recognise they are on to a very good thing and not to rock the boat. No social disorder is a good thing right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

ItsAWindUp wrote: »

Surely this is a joke?:eek:

It would make evening if one of these scumbags got eaten by a lion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

is it a good idea to push mass populations into city living? let the army in and batter looters and rioters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

scopper wrote: »
    Em, yes. Exactly. Now you are getting it.

Cool, so a few people throwing rocks is terrorism but burning people out of buildings, attacking dozens of people and setting fire to businesses while roving the streets for another area full of people to attack isn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

CiaranMT wrote: »
    WHERE ARE THE F*CKING PARENTS?
    Out looting or keeping nicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Police arrest girl for looting Currys, where she works

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/08/article-2023554-0D58092100000578-48_964x554.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Yeah i saw that and they have looted the palace and given the Queen a wedgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

They say that every society is only three meals away from revolution. Deprive a culture of food for three meals, and you'll have anarchy.

No they dont. Nobody says that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Or may be that is what you have unconsciuosly conditioned your mind to percieve and see...I have seen a mix of all races- white, mixed race, black and asian.

I don't know what you mean by backlash against immigration. Most of these folks are British citizens including the guy that was killed by the police....its cretainly an internal failure largely due to lack of cordial community-police relations rather than an immigration problem.

OK as I said maybe the media is biased...but they certainly should show more respect in a country that hosts them ..there is allsorts in this toxic mix of multicultralism but black and North Africans..many of whom are prob illegal are definately well represented in the crowd.,,they may not all be citizens as you say..Maybe all the kids in london are on snow or some new drug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP-td3C55Yc

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'm finding the current reports on the BBC re Clapham quite concredicting. The rolling report at the bottom says Clapham Juction station has reopened, and the worse of the trouble is on Lavender Hill. Debenhams and Ladbrooks, two of the places hit on Lavender hill are litrally two minutes walk from Clapham Juction Station.

On a seperate note, just seen reports of incidenets in Ealing in W London.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭touts

These rioters are the worst scum in London. Declare martial law with a curfew and allow Sky news broadcast a sniper executing two or three random looters after the curfew. That will solve it almost instantly. However after that it is essential that all footage of the looting is studied to identify and jail as many looters as possible to reinforce the lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭thomasj

DominoDub wrote: »

That link is not working but if its of a tiger walking the streets they are saying on twitter the picture is from italy 1998

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Totally disagree, if it was a case that it was only black people involved you could possibly make an argument, but it is not.

I'm not saying it is only black people involved (although it is fair to say the vast majority being shown on the newsclips I am watching are black), you will always get thugs of every race joining in just for something to do.

However, the incident that triggered the riots was a racially based one. If it had been a white guy, do you think we would be seeing these same scenes right now?

These riots are most certainly based on a racial issue - just as the NI riots were based on a sectarian one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

mikemac wrote: »
    Am I the only one wondering if the area around Government buildings like Westminster or Kensington were affected, the army would already be involved?

But these are fairly poor areas around London and while the Met may be doing their best I'm not seeing any urgency.
    Cameron not flying for another three hours, he's still in Italy. Cobra meeting tomorrow.

Assume you are talking about residential/shopping area of Kensington? Don't personally think so myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

If the Zoo thing is true you can bet it was middle-class white hippy libtards who were behind it, not these stars of CCTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Breaking news
    BBC's Sangita Myska reporting police are calling Lavender Hill area of Clapham, South London, a "no go zone." Dozens of masked youths are arriving in cars for looting. Police are said to be heavily outnumbered, lacking riot equipment and telling locals to "get out the area".

Neil Ashurst, the head of PR for computer games retailer GAME, has tweeted that youths are looting cars and throwing bricks at cars on Madeley Road, Ealing, West London.

David Cameron will leave Italy on a UK military flight at 3am, PA reports. Asked why the Premier had now decided to return, the press agency was told: "The situation has become more serious."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

BBC showing looters trying to get into another Ladbrokes in Ealing, WTF is their obsession with Ladbrokes!?

Early odds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Seems to be dying down now, BBC & Sky are just recycling the same images over and over. No new developments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

k.p.h wrote: »
    Scum ... Ah you mean the largely illiterate or poorly educated lower class people.

Careful that high horse your on isnt set on fire by the scum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Horgan wrote: »
    BBC showing looters trying to get into another Ladbrokes in Ealing, WTF is their obsession with Ladbrokes!?

Early odds?

It one of the 4 or 5 places they know exists.

Absurdum wrote: »
    Police arrest girl for looting Currys, where she works

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/08/article-2023554-0D58092100000578-48_964x554.jpg

:rolleyes:
    Was reported earlier. She stole the fleece too, she doesn't work in Currys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

So has this become sorta like the LA Riots in 1992 or is it an uprising.

Advertisement