Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭WASP0

Send in the Army.
    that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

To be fair to the police they are over stretched and there just aren't the numbers to be everywhere tonight but as this was expected to happen again tonight ,why this morning they could not have had got hold some major holding places like empty warehouses or local sports stadiums so as to make it easier to hold anybody they caught ?

The police chase them away but they just re gather and re group and carry on as normal .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

OPENROAD wrote: »
    source?
    RobitTV giving a source? Good luck with that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Just send in the army. Put them down fast and hard in a few areas and it will stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

BBC now, one of the crews attacked earlier,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Video of a woman pouring scorn on the rioters scum.

http://www.twitvid.com/4JTZH

Give that woman a TV show!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Stinicker wrote: »

:D

Not only was it a very predictable joke - it's been done several times in the thread already. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

23.40 Witnesses in Ealing say restaurants and a Tesco have been looted for alcohol and cash by a mob 100-strong. A man told the BBC cars have been smashed and set on fire. There are unconfirmed reports the local shopping centre has been set on fire.

23.41 Tom Whitehead, the Daily Telegraph's Home Affairs editor, reports a group of around 30 hooded and masked youths have targeted East Dulwich, smashing windows at a pubm, pharmacy and convinience store.
    The BBC reports looting on the Old Kent Road and Tower Bridge areas of London, with Barclays Bank, Tesco, Argos and Curry's targetted by youths on bikes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

amacachi wrote: »
    It's something I would love to ask the UK government. Perhaps it's only terrorism when it's in NI and people with certain names are using it.

Just out of interest, is blowing up a building after a warning terrorism? I would say yes. I would also say that burning buildings out with no warning is probably worse.

Bit more complex then that, doubt they take a dictionary definition of the word and apply it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

What gets me about this is where it seems to have sprung from nowhere.
    Were there any portents of this recently.
    Yes..

ihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI2fJmr7GPI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Electric Ballroom in Camden has been smashed up. What a shame, its a cool club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

I'm assuming they'll pack it in soon enough, they won't want to be late for work in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

touts wrote: »
    This is not a race issue it is a scum issue. Society has become far too tolerant of scum be they black white Brian Irish English or whatever. The scum are looting because they know they will get away with it. They have no respect for society but will wrap the race flag around then when it comes to trial. Dont make excuses for them. Send in the army.

I agree - mindless thugerry is not a racial issue. Scum come in all different shades and creeds.

However, I firmly believe these particular riots were set in motion because of a racially motivated incident. That's all I was saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I was in Camden a few days ago, cool place, hope they don't do too much damage! I wonder will Amy Winehouse's gaff be targeted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Should send them over here,enjoy themselves smashing up the ghost estates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

OPENROAD wrote: »
    You do know you can be right wing and still say it is not race related.

Whether it is race related or not it is pretty obvious black people are the majority of the looters and are vastly over represented in the riot compared to their percentage of the population!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

The way I see it. A large percentage of the black population in the UK are working class, as well as other minority. It's unfortunate but there is still a class-race divide in the UK and many other parts of Europe and elsewhere. Minorities, unfortunately, haven't integrated too much into the general population. That's why a large amount of people you see rioting are from immigrant backgrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

They appear to be heading to Tower bridge area of london according to several news sources.

• Advertisement

Stinicker wrote: »
    Whether it is race related or not it is pretty obvious black people are the majority of the looters and are vastly over represented in the riot compared to their percentage of the population!

As said I have seen plenty of white faces also, whether the majority are black is of no consequence imo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

They nicked immodium from boots?

Fckuing immodium?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

mikom wrote: »

Ah, so all of this is just an elaborate publicity stunt by 20th Century Fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

Just heard a Sly commentator say they are not allowed use water cannon on mainland UK citizens, only in N. Ireland. likely to be swiftly changed.. but go figure :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Yahew wrote: »

the perennial unemployed. The "under-privileged" losers are living in a world city,

parasites

You just stated what they are. How about you explain why they are what you call them and we could move forward from simple name calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

RobitTV wrote: »
    They appear to be heading to Tower bridge area of london according to several news sources.

What news source?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Yahew wrote: »
    The people who join the army are not these people.

Horse-poo. The people who suffer in recessions are the people who actually work and lose their jobs ( and possibly their houses). Like Middle Income Ireland , not the perennial unemployed. The "under-privileged" losers are living in a world city, all around them are people who actually left their homes in Poland, HUngary, Somalia, Turkey and increasingly Ireland to build businesses and work. These are the businesses the massively over-coddled parasites are now burning down.

It's teenagers and kids rioting. They dont have jobs to lose. All they have is their aspirations and those are destined to be fruitless. And they know it.

I also love people on here pretending to be dismayed when, like the honest posters, they are really just slowly driving past a car crash praying for some carnage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

The top end of tottenham court road has been reached by looters. For those that don't know London, Tottenham Court road is a street almost as long as O'Connell street mostly lined with electronics stores.

baldbear wrote: »
    What news source?

AH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

DingChavez wrote: »
    Ah, so all of this is just an elaborate publicity stunt by 20th Century Fox.

Yep, all CGI........ with a dollop of KFC.

Advertisement