Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Do they reckon bodies will be found when all this is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I find it funny how the reporter can just walk into Boots as if it's a ghost town..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Should send them over here,enjoy themselves smashing up the ghost estates.
    Careful what you wish for..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If you work for a living you are working class, doesn't matter what your job is and if you're an accountant or in Supermacs, both are the same

There is nothing working class about many of these

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

RobitTV wrote: »
    They appear to be heading to Tower bridge area of london according to several news sources.

They are going for the ultimate loot, THE CROWN JEWELS

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The top end of tottenham court road has been reached by looters. For those that don't know London, Tottenham Court road is a street almost as long as O'Connell street mostly lined with electronics stores.
    Where the hell is the police for gadws sake!
    Standing around is achieving nothing - only giving these thieves freedom to carry on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

CoDy1 wrote: »
    I assuming they'll pack it in soon enough, they won't want to be late for work in the morning.

Collecting benefits from the post office could be more of an issue for many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Reports: they're going to stage a coup d'etat and form an idyllic utopia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

WASP0 wrote: »
    Send in the Army.
    that is all.

Nah, send in the Clowns, that'd be more entertaining :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Makes one realise just how huge an area London is when your police force is so over stretched and cops are not super human either .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Do they reckon bodies will be found when all this is over?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

The top end of tottenham court road has been reached by looters. For those that don't know London, Tottenham Court road is a street almost as long as O'Connell street mostly lined with electronics stores.

A lot of building work in that area at the moment particularly around the tube station and Centre Point

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Surely it's time for a curfew?
    This is spiralling out of control pretty bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Camden station is on fire now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,941 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hope they don't knock the Post Office Tower.

• They've done some damage in Camden, getting phone pics now from a friend. Jesus Christ. I need to go to bed cos I'm up early for work but I honestly don't know what on earth I'm going to wake up to. Every minute, something else has been set on fire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

23:54 Rioters have attacked a bank branch of Royal Bank of Scotland in Lewisham, looters found the bank full of IOU's and were confuddled and moved on to loot the Carphone Warehouse across the street instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

coonecb1 wrote: »
    Nah, send in the Clowns, that'd be more entertaining :D
    They're already out

Any trains been burnt out yet? I'd have thought a moving train would be a target!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

They are heading for Dublin now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Absurdum wrote: »
    Police arrest girl for looting Currys, where she works

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/08/article-2023554-0D58092100000578-48_964x554.jpg

:rolleyes:

I thought that was a policeman doing a ventriloquist routine for the other cops. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

They want to bring in water cannon from Northern Ireland. I'm surprised that they don't have a sufficient supply of water cannon in and around London in preparation for this sort of events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

Whats going on, are they cutting benefits in the UK already? Could there also be riots after the next Irish budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

And its no where near Tottenham. Its almost in the heart of the West End, close to Leister Sqaure, Picadiily Circus, and Soho.

This is now affecting North, East, South, and West.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Biggins wrote: »
    Where the hell is the police for gadws sake!
    Standing around is achieving nothing - only giving these thieves freedom to carry on!

This ain't doing the Met's credibility any good I can tell you.

All I'm hearing over here is on rdio shows are..'Wtf are the cops not doing anything?' - 'What the hell are my taxes paying for?'

Camden is getting close to where I live.

Wonder if they'll reach Edgeware Road/Kilburn High Road/ Cricklewood Broadway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Any trains been burnt out yet? I'd have thought a moving train would be a target!
    All trains that were to go though trouble areas have been cancelled.
    That goes for all public transports.

All London football matches called off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I All they have is their aspirations and those are destined to be fruitless. And they know it.

So they don't have them then?

Or do they?

Also, their aspirations are a new pair of Nikes, a PS3 and never having to work a day in their lives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Is there like a highlights show for it going back over the day?

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    All trains that were to go though trouble areas have been cancelled.
    That goes for all public transports.

I came home from England today, to think, I want to London on the train, passing through the likes of Clapham and Croydon, now all in flames!

Advertisement