Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

where the fcuk are the army?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

the bolt wrote: »
    what when they shot yer man duggan,yeah yer right,sorry

You mean the guy who pulled a gun on the police? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

amacachi wrote: »
    Everything is gonna be ok Gazza has arrived in London with a fishing rod and a chicken sandwich.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

macbrada wrote: »
    Well said!! But followed up by sterilising survivors to ensure no future generations.

Shut your face. :mad:

1. Never joke about such things as eugenics.

2. You can look down on them all you want, but sometimes rioters have a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Some sources would be fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's like as if an army of locusts has invaded a city and steamrolled their way ,devouring everything in it's way .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,954 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus christ just on sky news and a woman is on saying they broke the door down of her house and went to the door of her bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Something does not smell right, they are not even combining there forces and sending them to at least 1 area to show some sort of rule and control,

its like they are waiting to see if they get to the more affluent areas and then deploy a greater number of law inforcers to protect these fine places,

something does not smell right, the freedom they are getting to do as they please,

reports of only 100 to 200 yobs at a time in the different areas, Im bambaffeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Perhaps the authorites have been ordered to step back.
    Maybe the conspiracy theorists are right and the engineered crash is underway.
    Just look what's happening on the stock markets of the world. :D:confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Seriously just bust out the guns and shoot the c*nts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

Jaysus I really f*cling loathe 3 stripe branded nike brigade. I've not seen one grebo, do they even exist anymore this idiot zombie contagion knows no bounds

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I know the police are doing their best to stay cool and keep things from escalating, but standing by and allowing scummers to freely loot shops doesn't exactly send out the best of messages either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

The amount of police walking down Camden:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

nuxxx wrote: »
    where the fcuk are the army?

Afghanistan

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

This is extreamly disturbing now, its totally random the areas that are being affected.

The police are powerless, and because of the huge area London its self covers, I'm not even sure what the Army could do with various hot spots (no pun intended) springing up all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Attacking Peoples Houses now .... The Zombie Apocalypse is now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Notting Hill – Ledbury Restaurant has been raided and the diners mugged. Kitchen staff apparently came out wielding knives. Reports of houses being raided in Ealing now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

mikemac wrote: »
    They are not hurting the police. And while some may get injured all will get overtime and valuable training

If they've an issue with the government go to government buildings.
    If they are angry over their situation I'd understand them going to affluent areas and the city centre.

But they are burning and trashing their own areas :confused:

I wouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Would you go arrrest a that has a gun with a baton in your hand? Assumign the non police gun that was there was his, then I've no sympathy for him. You carry a gun, your expectign some sort of gun related issues, be it from the police or other scumbags. He knew full well if he can accross police that knew he had a gun it wasnt going to end well.

All the crying relatives and "he was such a good man" comments int he world dont turn a scumbag in to a nice bloke.
    i have not seen it proven anywhere yet that duggan was armed and if he was the met have firearm units and the training to deal with the like i would imagine in this day and age.as for his relatives what are they going to say,that he was a cnut.saying all that a lot of inoccent people are going to suffer over this.some of them areas i knew well when i lived in london.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

http://www.westlondoncollege.com/student_life/london_webcam.php

Oxford street Camera, seen a bit of police action there in the last few minutes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ninky

Londons burning,again

watching this on sky..gobsmacked isn't the word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

God help the people of London!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

troops are in Afghanistan, Iraq etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Where's Doctor Who when you need him? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Seriously just bust out the guns and shoot the c*nts!

But its jobs and help and increased welfare these poor guys need! Shooting them would be racist!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Shut your face. :mad:

1. Never joke about such things as eugenics.

2. You can look down on them all you want, but sometimes rioters have a point.
    Eugenics Lol ah ha ha. Its funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

I don't understand what their motives are. From watching it many of the people involved seem to be black british with the few whites and asians among them. The blacks are the third largest enthic group in London but maybe in those areas there is a lot of social problems, racial discrimination and of unemployment that have cause anger and rebellion in them. It started of as a protest but something happened others joined and more fuel was added to the fire that's when it became violent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Police need to start using live rounds, shoot to kill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

In reality it's probably due mainly to economic hardships and this murder by the police just set things off as the last straw.

If they are being trodden by the police everywhere they go and an innocent man is murdered, I say fair play to them.

You sir are talking out your wazoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Its time the Army join in with around 10,000 troops to help the police in their battle.

full riot gear with tear gas + water cannon

Advertisement