Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Rioters in Birmingham seem to have left the city centre but are now in Handsworth. The linked picture is supposedly Handsworth police station on fire, not sure of accuracy.

http://yfrog.com/ke76eyfj

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

I would be surprised if there are no fatalities by morning, utter scum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

apparently lots of the rioters/looters are young teenagers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It was more sources for what was being posted here I was talking about Biggins. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Yakult wrote: »
    Why HASNT the army being deployed to control these thugs? Wtf like? Its a field day for these kids wrecking everything in sight.

As long as their isn't any live ammunition involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

This is utter criminality. rapes and murders are next, I guarantee.

Serves as a reminder NEVER treat a sportswear attired person over the age of 8 as a citizen, they are the worst kind of weak minded pack idiot sheeple. worse than the dirtiest of mentally illest hobo's if anyone reading looks like this I don't care if you are only back from training or that, fix it!! even if your frame of mind don't change, at least you won't be fairly stereotypically judged on your appearance as skankier than the sh*t on a shoe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for our viewers to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Why HASNT the army being deployed to control these thugs? Wtf like? Its a field day for these kids wrecking everything in sight.
    I'm not sure but there might be some legal reasons for not doing so (besides other reasons).
    Some legal point might have to be crossed for that to be come possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

James__10 wrote: »
    Hearing all these 'reasons' for the riots in England which are all bull****. The only reason people are rioting is that these people are scumbags

Why you so bold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I don't think it's quite as simple as that, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

00.16 Birmingham - police have made 35 arrests. The city centre has been over-run by gangs ranging from the age of 10, up to 50-strong. The Armani store has been looted. A man has been shot and wounded in Croydon, Sky reports. Shops along the Camberwell Road from Elephant and Castle have been smashed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

KINGVictor wrote: »
    There seems to be 4 types of folks here tonite:

1. Happy that something bad is happening in England...which is always welcome news to them!

2. Folks that are using the situation to promote their bigoted ideas that immigrants and in this case black people are the cause for their failures in life...

3. People concerned about the world around them and wish no one any harm and pray this ends well

4. In the minority...well in AH...folks that are geniunely concerned about the well being of (lots) of their loved ones living in England..

5. Amateur social psychologists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=207192798388318292131.0004aa01af6748773e8f7&msa=0&ie=UTF8&ll=51.536086%2C-0.056305&spn=0.39294%2C0.630341&z=10&source=embed

Houses being attacked, time to bring in the troops surely!
    SCDSoundsystem Sally Can't Dance

Turkish and Asian groups have stood up to & chased off rioters. Bloody immigrants. Coming over here, defending our boroughs & communities.
    #londonriots RT: @SIRJoshuaToThee The Plural of Watercannon is Watercannon. No s. There may be Anarchy but we are not SAVAGES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Nice to see ASBO's have gone out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I really wish people would stop bringing up the ethnic group issue :(

Well you don't start a rebellion for no reason. Why would people just suddonly not conform to the rules of society. It's probably human nature people act differently in a group, they follow the pack and feed of the fact they have a following. It started of as a protest at the police station in the area where one black man was shot by a policeman there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Balloon Of a fish in C.

Bosco boy wrote: »
    I would be surprised if there are no fatalities by morning, utter scum

That picture earlier in the thread of a girl jumping from a first floor window looks scary. I'd say older folk wouldn't be as agile or know whats going on as much.

Hopefully nobody is caught in any of the fires.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

ascanbe wrote: »
    Give it a f*cking rest..

You can go blame on generalise all you want, however we all know who is responsible here and it is the human race, we are all one big happy family and must live in harmony and happiness.

I believe white racists are the cause of this riot always keeping the disenfranchised and impoverished down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Phenomenally Phrank

Shut your face. :mad:

1. Never joke about such things as eugenics.

2. You can look down on them all you want, but sometimes rioters have a point.

You're a complete dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I really don't think the army would be good here. Crowd control is a civil police issue.

What could the army do and can you think of an example of when they resolved an issue like this before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

My favourite tweet so far tonight:
    reports of lunatics entering the daily mail building, and writing inflammatory clueless drivel in newspaper.

http://twitter.com/#!/scatatkins/status/100692884185038848

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ninky

jobs being created for those in the building trade...so thoughtful of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If reports of houses now being attacked are accurate how long can they wait before they start doing something other than sit and watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Serves as a reminder NEVER treat a sportswear attired person over the age of 8 as a citizen, they are the worst kind of weak minded pack idiot sheeple.

I have to agree with you mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Serves as a reminder NEVER treat a sportswear attired person over the age of 8 as a citizen, they are the worst kind of weak minded pack idiot sheeple. worse than the dirtiest of mentally illest hobo's if anyone reading looks like this I don't care if you are only back from training or that, fix it!! even if your frame of mind don't change, at least you won't be fairly stereotypically judged on your appearance as skankier than the sh*t on a shoe

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

mikom wrote: »
    5. Amateur social psychologists.

That's also true.
    Efforts are more worthwhile than your previous contribution, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

bad2dabone wrote: »
    apparently lots of the rioters/looters are young teenagers.

guy on Sky News said they were looting an area, not threatening people ( he could ask for a light), and just smashing into shops.

ultra consumerism.

I think the city needs a citizen militia. The police cant cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

KINGVictor wrote: »
    There seems to be 4 types of folks here tonite:

1. Happy that something bad is happening in England...which is always welcome news to them!

2. Folks that are using the situation to promote their bigoted ideas that immigrants and in this case black people are the cause for their failures in life...

3. People concerned about the world around them and wish no one any harm and pray this ends well

4. In the minority...well in AH...folks that are geniunely concerned about the well being of (lots) of their loved ones living in England..

My bet is more than a few of the posters on this thread fall in the first two categories...

Very sad to see, London is a city very very close to my heart, very much an adopted Londoner, have plenty of friends over there, thankfully none have been effected by the trouble.

Important to remember though London is a huge city with plenty of boroughs so although quite a few areas effected, still relatively small and confined to certain areas in these boroughs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Would be interesting to be in an airplane over London at the moment!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,899 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

London is simply an absolutly beautiful city, but I'm seriously happy not to live there anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭WASP0

http://t.co/a87utGv

More pics of the riots.

Advertisement