Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I am guessing that the majority of all this will not be covered by insurance as it is a civil order issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

00.20 Twitter reports: A Wetherspoons in Lee has been targetted in a "mass mugging." Police were rung but did not pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

As I said early on in this tread :

I am strangely proud to be IRISH tonight ,as every Irish person interviewed by or working for news media has come accross as Normal & Articulate people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Stinicker wrote: »
    You can go blame on generalise all you want, however we all know who is responsible here and it is the human race, we are all one big happy family and must live in harmony and happiness.

I believe white racists are the cause of this riot always keeping the disenfranchised and impoverished down.

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Well you don't start a rebellion for no reason. Why would people just suddonly not conform to the rules of society. It's probably human nature people act differently in a group, they follow the pack and feed of the fact they have a following. It started of as a protest at the police station in the area where one black man was shot by a policeman there.

Well we will have to agree to disagee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

KINGVictor wrote: »
    There seems to be 4 types of folks here tonite:

1. Happy that something bad is happening in England...which is always welcome news to them!

2. Folks that are using the situation to promote their bigoted ideas that immigrants and in this case black people are the cause for their failures in life...

3. People concerned about the world around them and wish no one any harm and pray this ends well

4. In the minority...well in AH...folks that are geniunely concerned about the well being of (lots) of their loved ones living in England..

My bet is more than a few of the posters on this thread fall in the first two categories...

You forgot:

5. People who are riveted by the most amazing anarchy ever seen in their lifetimes, and who are annoyed at overly PC comments denying the bleedin' obvious fact that black ppl are to a large extent responsible

00.24 Telegraph sources: Riot units from police forces as far away from London as Cleveland are heading south. Clearly the Met is calling in all the support it can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Send in Harry Brown!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

DominoDub wrote: »
    As I said early on in this tread :

I am strangely proud to be IRISH tonight ,as every Irish person interviewed by or working for news media has come accross as Normal & Articulate people.
    Riots don't happen in Dublin or in Irish cities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ninky

these are feral children...their parents should be the first to be shot in the nads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I hope they don't burn down The Vic!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    London is simply an absolutly beautiful city, but I'm seriously happy not to live there anymore!

I know, still it could be worse, imagine living somewhere like Karachi, Baghdad or Cork!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

RobitTV wrote: »
    ...Clearly the Met is calling in all the support it can get.
    They are taking their ruddy time! :(

I was thankful earlier, thinking to myself, thank God my on lives in Greenwich, no where near any of this, then I saw the Google map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

RobitTV wrote: »
    00.24 Telegraph sources: Riot units from police forces as far away from London as Cleveland are heading south. Clearly the Met is calling in all the support it can get.

Do you really need to post every single update in bold?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,941 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

ninky wrote: »
    jobs being created for those in the building trade...so thoughtful of them

Yes, unemployed Irish builders have been winding up the locals for ages.

coonecb1 wrote: »
    You forgot:

5. People who are riveted by the most amazing anarchy ever seen in their lifetimes, and who are annoyed at overly PC comments denying the bleedin' obvious fact that black ppl are to a large extent responsible

Why do people always throw out the "PC" crap :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

KeithAFC wrote: »

I have a strange feeling you were waiting around for a comment like that. Yes of course they do, but not on the scale of the likes of Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

ninky wrote: »
    these are feral children...their parents should be the first to be shot in the nads

Fantastic, then the children will have no parents.

Yes, unemployed Irish builders have been winding up the locals for ages.

Claiming benefits no doubt over there :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Don't really like Patrick Kielty but I found this funny.
    PatricKielty Patrick Kielty
    Thinking about heading back to Belfast for a few days to get away from all this rioting.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Just of the phone with a friend. Pure mintal! Was getting worried when they hadn't replied to text... but apparently all ok! They need to bring in the army to fook and lay down the law... as an earlier post mentions- curfew and if broken taser the scumbags! Madness...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Not as often as in the UK Keith eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Reports say Robocop has been lifted and melted down for scrap..

It's genuinely eerie how accurate this is to what is happening recently -

The dollar is screwed and punks are running wild in the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

''Rumours from people sending me @ messages that the Smithdown area of Liverpool is getting ready to kick off.''

- Simon Clancy on twitter.

00.27 Reports of gangs of youths smashing shop windows in Romford Market, Essex.

rioting now spreading to the east, kent, essex

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

You're a complete dope.

I will repeat my post:

1. Never, never, never, ever make a joke or hint about eugenics. Eugenics is a crime against humanity, it is a disgusting and vile action.

2. There is nothing wrong with looting in desperate times. Who says who really "owns" anything? The government? If you really put all your faith in the government like that then you are a ridiculous fool.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

He does the job nobody wants !

Advertisement