Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I have a strange feeling you were waiting around for a comment like that. Yes of course they do, but not on the scale of the likes of Belfast.
    Ok. Well it was said earlier, people rioted in Dublin only a few years ago. Obviously not close to this scale but it does happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Yahew wrote: »
    Jesus wept.

I don't think it is a religious issue, although Sikhs have sent a call to arms over their TV channel to protect their temples and Moslems have been guarding their Mosques. As young children make up a large proportion of the rioters the appear to be afraid of targeting Catholic church for fear of being molested.

Pic of Turkish community out protecting their area.

http://twitpic.com/635ffl

Some wag posted underneath, you can take our lives, but you'll never take our Perri Perri chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Riots don't happen in Dublin or in Irish cities?

In all honestly I can only remember riots that were caused by Republicans, once at a Love Ulster parade and at the time of Bobby Sands death.

Also, Mayday a few years ago when Bush was in town.

I genuinely can't remember serious rioting in Ireland that was not politically inspired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Ok. Well it was said earlier, people rioted in Dublin only a few years ago. Obviously not close to this scale but it does happen.

Yes, it does. Hardly relevant though I would have thought?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    London is simply an absolutly beautiful city, but I'm seriously happy not to live there anymore!
    It will give a whole new meaning to 'the streets of London are paved with gold '' quote and to those who thought it was the only place to be ...this is the reality and the darker side of swinging London .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Stinicker wrote: »
    I am guessing that the majority of all this will not be covered by insurance as it is a civil order issue?

Under UK law, once this is officially admitted to be rioting and civil disturbance the state is liable for 100% of the compensation. It's something the government has been suggesting they plan on changing but it still stands at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

argosy2006 wrote: »

He does the job nobody wants !

Crime is the disease. He's the cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Riots don't happen in Dublin or in Irish cities?

My heart tells me that the normal citizens of Dublin would on mass stop the scum from taking over. I pray that I am right :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,899 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I know, still it could be worse, imagine living somewhere like Karachi, Baghdad or Cork!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

RobitTV wrote: »
    00.27 Reports of gangs of youths smashing shop windows in Romford Market, Essex.

rioting now spreading to the east, kent, essex

Wha? There are chavs in Kent/Essex?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

I will repeat my post:

1. Never, never, never, ever make a joke or hint about eugenics. Eugenics is a crime against humanity, it is a disgusting and vile action.

2. There is nothing wrong with looting in desperate times. Who says who really "owns" anything? The government? If you really put all your faith in the government like that then you are a ridiculous fool.

ok, so no jokes about eugenics. how about a licensing system to reproduce??

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

That was the only time i can ever remember a riot in Ireland of any scale. Outside of Dublin, nothing is ever likely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

I will repeat my post:

1. Never, never, never, ever make a joke or hint about eugenics. Eugenics is a crime against humanity, it is a disgusting and vile action.

2. There is nothing wrong with looting in desperate times. Who says who really "owns" anything? The government? If you really put all your faith in the government like that then you are a ridiculous fool.

Yer still a dope. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I think the cops are afraid to go in hard because cameras will be recording there every move and they will face a court case and get sacked at the end of it!

Maybe meeting Cobra will sort things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Wha? There are chavs in Kent/Essex?

No, I can't believe it. I won't believe it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

WASP0 wrote: »
    http://t.co/a87utGv

More pics of the riots.
    All the pictures are bad but number 23 really is sad and depressing.
    Shame on them, just shame on them! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I don't think it is a religious issue, although Sikhs have sent a call to arms over their TV channel to protect their temples and Moslems have been guarding their Mosques. As young children make up a large proportion of the rioters the appear to be afraid of targeting Catholic church for fear of being molested.

Utterly baffling post.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

You're a complete dope.

I will repeat my post:

You are a complete dope

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

RobitTv please stop posting in bold. And link your source

In other news, trolling = ban

I get the irony of my request.

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Well they didn't get their name "Rebels" for nothing I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Poor old cunt probably fought the Nazis for these youths...........
    Aaron Biber, 89, assesses the damage to his hairdressing salon after riots on Tottenham High Road on August 7, 2011.

http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/london_riots/bp23.jpg

Although he could also also be a Nazi war criminal judging by the name.

That Gurdwara thing was regarding an event on sept 1st, nothing about tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Jake1 wrote: »
    Pic of Turkish community out protecting their area.

http://twitpic.com/635ffl

Some wag posted underneath, you can take our lives, but you'll never take our Perri Perri chicken.

It's good to see Turkish Superman has joined the defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

DominoDub wrote: »
    My heart tells me that the normal citizens of Dublin would on mass stop the scum from taking over. I pray that I am right :o

What :eek: .. The Euro is hanging by a thread at the moment. If it go's under and welfare stops Dublin would burn too no doubt. Lets hope it dose not happen !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Why do people always throw out the "PC" crap :mad:

Because a lot of ppl don't understand the term "cognitive dissonance" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ninky

Fantastic, then the children will have no parents.

if well targeted they shouldnt die of their injuries (well, the men atleast)...and the 10-15 year olds may aswell be left orphaned..the parents are clearly not doing their job of tucking them in to bed well before midnight..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    No, I can't believe it. I won't believe it!

Well it could be some posh kids who are trying to act all badass. I could be wrong.

Jake1 wrote: »
    That Gurdwara thing was regarding an event on sept 1st, nothing about tonight.

Isn't a Gurdwara a Sikh temple?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Superbus wrote: »
    Utterly baffling post.

It was a quirky response to my mentioning jesus.

Advertisement