Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Why do people always throw out the "PC" crap :mad:

Because it offers a buffer against/retort to anyone who may disagree without having to back up your argument.
    This is my opinion - it's correct - anyone who disagrees with me is incorrect - they are doing so because they are blinded by PC/part of the PC Brigade.
    It's the same reason anyone uses any label to describe anyone who may disagree with them before even seeing what those who might disagree have to say. Gives one the feeling of immunity from criticism/disagreement/reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

ok, so no jokes about eugenics. how about a licensing system to reproduce??

It depends... if it discriminated against some people then no but I wouldn't be against it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

coonecb1 wrote: »
    Because a lot of ppl don't understand the term "cognitive dissonance" ;)

Dose anyone :confused:
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

00.29 Carphone Warehouse on fire in Clapham Junction. Fires reported in Camden.

I wonder how long it takes before people in Ireland decide that they want to have some fun of their own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

If the youth of these area's feel "disenfranchised" now then i would hate to see what they will feel like when this blows over. Hoods and chavs are already hated in London. People will be spitting on them after this. We've been hearing local youth workers bandying on about how they have no future etc Now the inner city youth are the scum of the nation and will be HATED for a long time to come.

I really feel this is a tipping point in their culture and nobody will give them the time of day in terms of trying to bring them back into regular society. The softly approach has failed. Its time to comply or die.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

mikom wrote: »
    Although he could also also be a Nazi war criminal judging by the name.

The only Nazi war criminal with a Jewish first name and surname? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

2. There is nothing wrong with looting in desperate times. Who says who really "owns" anything? The government? If you really put all your faith in the government like that then you are a ridiculous fool.

Still a dope, especially for posting the above shi'ite.

This is nothing more than opportunistic thuggery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Poor old cunt probably fought the Nazis for these youths............
    Indeed.
    Sadly the reality of that, would be the last thing on the minds of those that wrecked his shop.
    ...If they had the intelligence to understand it - which I doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

RobitTV wrote: »
    00.29 Carphone Warehouse on fire in Clapham Junction. Fires reported in Camden.

Italics . . . yaaaaay :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Riots don't happen in Dublin or in Irish cities?

We've had our riots, but thankfully nothing approaching this scale (even if you take into account our smaller population). The Love ulster riots saw only 5 or 6 cars burned out and one footlocker looted. When it comes to public order the Gardai are quite effective thankfully. By the way I don't think any Irish person is taking pleasure in what we are witnessing. Almost all of us have many friends and relatives over there and the bond between people in Dublin and London is strong (so strong that its likely the Olympic torch will visit Dublin)

The Met is stretched and they've never had to deal with anything like this before but they really should be taking draconian action at this stage. It has gone far too far

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Jake1 wrote: »
    Pic of Turkish community out protecting their area.

http://twitpic.com/635ffl

Some wag posted underneath, you can take our lives, but you'll never take our Perri Perri chicken.

really mmh?looks like they are part tbh
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The only Nazi war criminal with a Jewish first name and surname? :P

You couldn't be up to those lads.......... very sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ricardo1

Witnessed a riot in Barcelona after a champions league match
    Police firstly used tear gas
    Then water cannons
    Then plastic bullets
    Job sorted in 3 hours....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Dictionary.com

Irony := definition.

When all the water-canons that your country (england) owns are all deployed in a foreign country (Ireland). A riot occurs and you have no water-canons.

Oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

2. There is nothing wrong with looting in desperate times. Who says who really "owns" anything? The government? If you really put all your faith in the government like that then you are a ridiculous fool.

Desperate times? lol none of those hoodies look hungry to me. It's a mass hysteria free for all, which has been fueled by modern technology...and I'm far from the conservative type or the sort to label the original guy who was shot as scum who deserved it.
    This stopped being about race late on saturday night...

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

I wonder how long it takes before people in Ireland decide that they want to have some fun of their own?

it won't be happening in my area anyway, i will be out with the house mates and our hurleys and we will beat away any scrote who comes our way. and i am sure that will happen in most areas on residence. But if some young fella offers to rob a pharmacy and sort me out with some medication, then i might be swayed..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Its kicking off in Liverpool now.

This lad has put up a few pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

James__10 wrote: »
    Hearing all these 'reasons' for the riots in England which are all bull****. The only reason people are rioting is that these people are scumbags

That is ignorant calling them scumbags , that is only going to label them and they will behave worse according to their label. There are plenty of 'scumbags' in dublin, they are not rioting. They are ver angry people, Many of them would be unemployed, many of them wouldn't of had much of a good upbringing/life and they want to do as much damage as they can do, they are feeding of each other and they feel like they are a part of something.
    It's very sad for the people living there and the people whose houses and businesses have been burnt down. I have been to London twice and I found most places there very friendily and open minded. I never once felt tension while I was there I feel tension every day in Dublin. Although I havn't been to some of the areas where the riots are now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone hear the Irish pub owner being interviewed over the phone on BBC News?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Poor old cunt probably fought the Nazis for these youths...........

Although he could also also be a Nazi war criminal judging by the name.

Aaron Biber=Jewish name. (Tottenham was a hint).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

4Sheets wrote: »
    really mmh?looks like they are part tbh
    :confused:

Quit with the semi-racist undertones, it's tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

12.35am: Simon Brooke was taking his mum out for a birthday meal in Ealing tonight when they and fellow diners became trapped in the restaurant as rioters gathered outside, smashing a window and setting fire to a car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If the youth of these area's feel "disenfranchised" now then i would hate to see what they will feel like when this blows over. Hoods and chavs are already hated in London. People will be spitting on them after this. We've been hearing local youth workers bandying on about how they have no future etc Now the inner city youth are the scum of the nation and will be HATED for a long time to come.

I really feel this is a tipping point in their culture and nobody will give them the time of day in terms of trying to bring them back into regular society. The softly approach has failed. Its time to comply or die.
    Dunno about a tipping point (you might be right or not) but certainly those wearing some hood and chav gear will no doubt be treated even more with suspicion for some time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Loads of Twitter reports of cars on fire in Liverpool. It really is 1981 then.

Nick Clegg said there'd be riots if the Tories got in.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

scopper wrote: »
    Aaron Biber=Jewish name. (Tottenham was a hint).

Too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Yahew wrote: »
    The people who join the army are not these people.

Yeah, people in the army would be far more civilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I need an airdrop of toilet paper.

stuck in my house without toilet paper with the sound of sirens in the distance... What can a man do when he needs to **** and his house is out of the good toilet paper :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Advertisement