Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

a real insight into there minds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I can see this turning very nasty very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Anyone hear the Irish pub owner being interviewed over the phone on BBC News?

no what pub??

Stinicker wrote: »
    Isn't a Gurdwara a Sikh temple?

Ok crossed wires,i think, :) Someone earlier said that the Sikhs were warning people to protect the Gurdwara, regarding the riots tonight, Im simply pointing out what they were refering to, was something happening on sept 1st, had nothing to do with tonights events.

In other news, I have no idea what a Gurdwara is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

The sky news reporter when he filmed them on his iphone...
    is that fun is it? are you having fun looting? are you? are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wertz wrote: »
    Desperate times? lol none of those hoodies look hungry to me. It's a mass hysteria free for all, which has been fueled by modern technology...and I'm far from the conservative type or the sort to label the original guy who was shot as scum who deserved it.
    This stopped being about race late on saturday night...

Poor fcukers probably haven't had a new phone in months, can't blame them for hitting the Carphone Warehouses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

ItsAWindUp wrote: »

Forgive me but what's all this about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

K-9 wrote: »
    Loads of Twitter reports of cars on fire in Liverpool. It really is 1981 then.

Nick Clegg said there'd be riots if the Tories got in.

So tempted to use the roll eyes here but I won't :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

has it not already lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

He came across extremely well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Guardian: getting reports of violence in Liverpool, on Smithdown Road and Lawrence Road. Attempting to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Two Super Hero's Been Spotted Round Peckham,Blackman And Robbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

The government has to do something, this is hardly a local issue in a part of London anymore. If this "World City" burns again tomorrow it will head into massive decline ( no doubt entering into more cycles of violence). Think about business men thinking of moving business there, or tourists going there etc. When there were riots in Paris it was clear they were in the banlieus. This is all over central London. Lose the city for a week and you lose the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Bunch of white black kids, there.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Not until there are serious casualties will these young twits stop rioting

Forgive me but what's all this about?

The fact that violence has started in Liverpool, how long before it spreads to Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

RobitTV wrote: »
    00.27 Reports of gangs of youths smashing shop windows in Romford Market, Essex.

rioting now spreading to the east, kent, essex
    Hopefully they make it over to the white cliffs of dover and ..well ya know ...drown
    Ya,he didn't hold back and was cursing them all to hell like only an Irishman can .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

argosy2006 wrote: »

a real insight into there minds

Touche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Guardian: getting reports of violence in Liverpool, on Smithdown Road and Lawrence Road. Attempting to clarify.

Merciful Lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

00.41 Residents in Croydon have been evacuated due to the spreading fire, reports Guardian's Matthew Taylor. An officer tells him: "We can't cope. We have passed breaking point."

thats scary :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

Prop Joe wrote: »
    no what pub??

Fox and hounds in west Croydon

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Prop Joe wrote: »
    no what pub??

I didn't catch the name of it, sorry. He sounded awesome though.. like a heroic Ed Byrne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

The fact that violence has started in Liverpool, how long before it spreads to Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham etc.

But why the violence ?
    Government ? pay cuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Where's the tear gas? The water cannons? The rubber bullets? Thempolice response has been shocking and they had two nights warning.

Really makes you wonder if they'd be able to cope if something went wrong during the Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

argosy2006 wrote: »
    has it not already lol

Maybe he/she's referring to the thread :D

Not until there are serious casualties will these young twits stop rioting

They've blown up cars and set fire to flats either knowing people were inside or not caring enough to check. These boys don't give a monkey's about the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

the cops beat the **** out of the students and then seemingly took a more hands off approach when this kicked off. Were they just scared off the chavs and nots the students or is this something more sinister...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Where's the tear gas? The water cannons? The rubber bullets? Thempolice response has been shocking and they had two nights warning.

What do you expect? The police have been hounded for using "excessive force" over the last few months during public order disturbances in London. I would imagine that many of the officers are afraid of making one wrong step and having their job put at risk.

London will continue to burn until people accept that some old fashioned policing is necessary in times such as this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

00.41 Residents in Croydon have been evacuated due to the spreading fire, reports Guardian's Matthew Taylor. An officer tells him: "We can't cope. We have passed breaking point."

thats scary :eek:

By the time Cameron gets his ass back here the damage will be done.

As I said, this could have been dealt with at 7pm over a Video call with all parties involved with Cameron flying in afterwards.

• Advertisement

the cops beat the **** out of the students and then seemingly took a more hands off approach when this kicked off. Were they just scared off the chavs and nots the students or is this something more sinister...

Far less of the students I'd imagine.

Advertisement