Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

Where's the tear gas? The water cannons? The rubber bullets? Thempolice response has been shocking and they had two nights warning.

Really makes you wonder if they'd be able to cope if something went wrong during the Olympics.

It is illegal to use water canon on Mainland Britain, if they want themthey will have to bring them in from NI

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

but they seem to be doing very little....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Sky news: Met has run out of resources, fire spreading losing control.

I Think the goverment need's to call in the Army and get the RAF helicopters out to drop water bombs on the fires

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

But why the violence ?
    Government ? pay cuts?

Chance to get free stuff, safety in numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

stacexD wrote: »
    The sky news reporter when he filmed them on his iphone...
    is that fun is it? are you having fun looting? are you? are you?

Yeah, pretty ballsy wasn't he! I'd have been making myself scarce if I was in that situation :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

RobitTV wrote: »
    Sky news: Met has run out of resources, fire spreading losing control.

I Think the goverment need's to call in the Army and get the RAF helicopters out to drop water bombs on the fires

And regular bombs on the rioters.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Talk of serious trouble in Liverpool, apparently a mob heading to the city centre

http://twitter.com/#!/Kristian_Walsh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Superbus wrote: »
    He came across extremely well.

Irish inferiority complex anyone? It was that attitude that caused Roy Keane to kick off in Saipan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

0045: West Midlands Police confirm that a police station in Holyhead Road in Handsworth, Birmingham, is on fire.

Well, this is going well. Should have broken out the live rounds much earlier in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Breaking New : Ebay "free insertion fees all week"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Chance to get free stuff, safety in numbers.
    Thats it in one.
    Opportunistic chance multiplied by a flash group frenzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This is f'ing crazy!

This made me LOL though:

http://twitpic.com/634iax

But why the violence ?
    Government ? pay cuts?

Supposedly this all started because someone the cops claimed to have been a gangster was gunned down in the back of a mini-cab by police officers. It also transpired since then that he was unarmed. Following this, a vigil was held for the deceased, which then turned to violence.

However, I severely doubt anyone out rioting and looting right now actually even knows what the original cause was. They're just rioting/looting/setting fires for the sake of doing so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

All football cancelled tomorrow because of the riots...except Millwall and Leeds who have declared it "Ladies Day."

Thargor wrote: »
    This is f'ing crazy!

This made me LOL though:

http://twitpic.com/634iax

I hope that earns that fine gentleman a conviction.

Im happy that my grandad is not at his house he lives near croydon, thank god hes not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

James__10 wrote: »
    Two Super Hero's Been Spotted Round Peckham,Blackman And Robbing

Not these?

Sky news: Violence breaks out in liverpool

Jesus Christ the scenes from Liverpool:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

What do you expect? The police have been hounded for using "excessive force" over the last few months during public order disturbances in London. I would imagine that many of the officers are afraid of making one wrong step and having their job put at risk.

Yep, they're terrified of breaching these people's human rights.... the police officers don't fancy ending up in court instead of the criminals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I havnt seen that sky news reporter before but he is doing a great and brave job around Croydon. This will certainly be his big break in TV if anything good shall come out of this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Sky News showing footage of trouble in Liverpool now.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Liverpool kicking off! -Sky News

Compulsive viewing, can't turn away... actual scary stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Hopefully It don't spread to the north

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

christ, liverpool cops not prepared at all, getting hammered by the scum..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

blackdog2 wrote: »
    Talk of serious trouble in Liverpool, apparently a mob heading to the city centre

http://twitter.com/#!/Kristian_Walsh
    Sky just showing live footage apparently.

Cameron is a idiot The UK is burning, disorder is getting out of control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

It's very sad. London is such a great city with a lot of great people. I am surprised there hasn't been riots in Dublin with the way how the government threw money away and give bonus to the fat cats and at the same time cut welfare, incomes, disablity and health and now education! Plus bringing in new charges for everything they can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

I havnt seen that sky news reporter before but he is doing a great and brave job around Croydon. This will certainly be his big break in TV if anything good shall come out of this.

Jaysus he has some liathroidi to be going round filming and asking the looters 'is this making you happy?'. Kudos on the reporting there like!

• Advertisement

00.45 Cars torched in Grove St, Toxteth, Liverpool, ITV news reporter Ben Schofield says. An unmanned police station in Holyhead Road, Handsworth, Birmingham has been torched. Looting reported in Crystal Palace, London. Police have told all London football clubs to cancel matches.

Advertisement