Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Show Time wrote: »
    It is going to be Ireland in twenty odd years folks.

That's a powerful crystal ball you have there.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

Mr. Denton wrote: »
    Agreed.

i was thinking the same thing myself - however bad it may be, there is some truth to it,

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭GodlessInfidel

Wrong side of the river!!!

The twats rioting so thick. They haven't copped on that they won't be getting their nightly snackbox later cos they've burnt the takeaway down!

Been caught in london riots enough to know that they don't give a toss who they hurt. Its their own community they a damaging ffs

must like their chicken well done innit

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

hmm, i wonder if is this is why my brother is not answer this text message :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

amacachi wrote: »
    I assume plenty of plastic/rubber bullets were used last night.

Seemingly not,mores the pity.Scumbag gun carrying drug dealer gets shot and the rioting starts,these people have seriously fucked up priorities.
    It's not as if an upstanding pillar of the community was shot.We didn't see violent reactions when kids were stabbed on an almost daily basis in parts of London but if a police officer is confronted by a guy with a gun and does his job these scum feel the need to go on the rampage as some kind of moral crusade against the authorities.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Seemingly not,mores the pity.Scumbag gun carrying drug dealer gets shot and the rioting starts,these people have seriously fucked up priorities.
    It's not as if an upstanding pillar of the community was shot.We didn't see violent reactions when kids were stabbed on an almost daily basis in parts of London but if a police officer is confronted by a guy with a gun and does his job these scum feel the need to go on the rampage as some kind of moral crusade against the authorities.

they're just pure scum.

Some lad on Sky News, saying that he wasn't surprised at the riots and that it came about because they're not treated with respect :rolleyes:

I expect more of this PC bull**** to follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

Sooopie wrote: »
    Some lad on Sky News, saying that he wasn't surprised at the riots and that it came about because they're not treated with respect :rolleyes:

I expect more of this PC bull**** to follow

At da endadaday it's all about respek innit?

Mr. Denton wrote: »
    At da endadaday it's all about respek innit?

yoyoyo bruv we is all about respek yeah

*awaits pc bashing*

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Show Time wrote: »
    It is going to be Ireland in twenty odd years folks.
    Mr Denton wrote:
    Agreed. .
    sooopie wrote:
    i was thinking the same thing myself - however bad it may be, there is some truth to it, .

When a certain section of our populace felt they were discriminated against by society and the police, they started a world wide "terrorist" campaign that went on for 30 or so years. You may have missed this when you were reading tea leaves to see the future.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    When a certain section of our populace felt they were discriminated against by society and the police, they started a world wide "terrorist" campaign that went on for 30 or so years. You may have missed this when you were reading tea leaves to see the future.

I was referring to the new sections of our population, who could, no doubt, feel they are discriminated by society and act in this way. Its the way things are going in this Country I feel.

I was referring to the new sections of our population, .

I know full well who the fuck you were refering to.
    Its the way things are going in this Country I feel.

Based on......?

oh good, I'm glad :)

Based on......?

what went on in London last night.

Give it another 20 years or so and it'll be happening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Wasn't that in the UK too? Those guys were talking about Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Why?

Ireland isn't London.

DingChavez wrote: »
    Wasn't that in the UK too? Those guys were talking about Ireland.

Ding, you're going to make him very angry! :D

Why?

Ireland isn't London.

We've only recently become a larger multicultural country - (vast influx over the past few years) whereas the UK has been so for a lot longer. Already there is tension, and I can see it getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Calm down love

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I don't know why people think this is a race riot. Look at the photos. There's black, white, Indians and all races rioting together.

If only society was as racially harmonious as these riots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

Blisterman wrote: »
    I don't know why people think this is a race riot. Look at the photos. There's black, white, Indians and all races rioting together.

If only society was as racially harmonious as these riots.

Agreed. What a fine example of an integrated community.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There was no rioting in Japan

What's wrong with us Europeans? :( Or what happened in New Orleans also
    Burning buses and looting shops

So what's the difference?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

mikemac wrote: »
    There was no rioting in Japan

What's wrong with us Europeans? :( Or what happened in New Orleans also
    Burning buses and looting shops

So what's the difference?

bad parenting,morals,education systems,social activities and general respect.

So you're just talking through your arse then. Grand - just checking.
    Already there is tension, and I can see it getting worse..

Well theres imagined tension, a lot of it seemingly from doom sayers who take a look at one place and - seemingly without logical thought - say 'thats here in 20 years'.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Nodin, Tone it down, please.

So you're just talking through your arse then. Grand - just checking.

Well theres imagined tension, a lot of it seemingly from doom sayers who take a look at one place and - seemingly without logical thought - say 'thats here in 20 years'.

Lovely. You sound as angry as that crowd last night were.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Lovely. You sound as angry as that crowd last night were.

You sound like you're simply using this event to forward your own immigrant bashing agenda in your backgarden by not-so-subtly implying that dem foridners will be the cause of all of this in Ireland.

In 20 years.

Familiar.

Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Sick to the stomach listening to those so called community workers on the news. The bottom line is you have a culture of people who are making a very good living dealing drugs, mugging, etc. The next generation of kids see that as a career goal.

They're not disadvantaged. Education in Uk is completely free ffs! Books are provide at school. An unlimited amount of FREE after school actvities are provided. You don't have to worry about your kids getting sick or their teeth rotting as healthcare is free too.

Anyone has a good chance of walking into a job when they leave school if they were bothered. But they think the pay is beneath them as they can get more via criminal activity.

My solution...... Give em all guns, give em all knives and lock them in one of their free, state of the art leisure centres and take target practice on each other

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

The mentality of this always baffles me.
    "Some gangster got shot, let's go destroy our neighbourhood and then complain about our bad environment..."

I see the same pattern in France and Scandinavia in the ghettos.
    There's a reason you don't see flowerpots on the doorsteps of houses in these areas. It's not because they are poor but because they are destructive and trash everything around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

Does nobody wonder why this sort of thing virtually always happens in poor areas? Do you think it's because poor people just happen to be more violent then the rich? Maybe the things that make them poor are related to those that make them feel the need to act out like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Being poor or underprivilaged doesn`t make you behave like scum, there are areas of Tottenham that are downright dangerous day or night with gangs of feral kids running riot.

Advertisement