Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Liverpool Echo photographer:

boards.ie - Reply to Topic

BBC reporting Manchester as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Things hotting up on channel 906
    Durty fecker! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Different country? I don't expect it people to start rioting out on my street in brussels, so why the hell would it happen in Dublin?

Why is it happening in Liverpool & Birmingham?? Monkey see monkey do....scumbags are a sub species...did BBC just say Manchester now??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Yahew wrote: »
    In the meantime, tonight, while it harms very few workers, turn the mobile signals across london off.

:rolleyes:

What about people needing to contact loved ones, people who need an ambulance, or to notify police of escalating thuggery?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It must be hard to raze your kids in these areas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Ladies and Gentlemen ... tomorrow's forecast :

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Have they attacked any of the clubs around London yet?

grizzly wrote: »
    Shít just got real...

It was unmanned though.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Young twatheads will stop when they learn that death's not confined to fiction

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'm not going to read through 122 pages of stuff but simply say what i happening is sickening and disgraceful...

WTF are these people think they are achieving, I'd really love to know, apart from wrecking their own areas :rolleyes:

Time for the police and even army to stop the gently gently approach and do whatever it takes!
    Senseless violence for the sake of it and nothing more, deal with it with a sledgehammer. They had their chance over the last few nights to cop on and stop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Burkatron wrote: »
    Why is it happening in Liverpool & Birmingham?? Monkey see monkey do....scumbags are a sub species...did BBC just say Manchester now??

Meh i dunno, i really don't see Irish scumbags joining the English cause and start rioting, ri-ra and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

Why is it just that sky are showing black skinned people rioting?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Just as well there's no coal mines left to close.

Or News of the World.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

which station has the best coverage i can't find the remote to keep flicking?(the bean)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Things hotting up on channel 906

there's a riot going on in my pants right now, police can't contain it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Why the hell does BBC News have a presenter coming live from Singapore?

There not showing the riots now eiter but waffling on about the Asian markets. Theres no way in hell im switching over to sky though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

DominoDub wrote: »
    Music can define moments:

I miss the Loved up 90's ,Acid House & Extacy chilled a nation and stopped football violence etc

Grime & UK Gangster Rap ...is the soundtrack to this scum mob.
    (Check out some of the North London Gangs groups on Youtube)

In hindsight maybe the dark and brooding sound of Dubstep was the precursor to NOW.
    ?!!

don't suggest the black yoof culture they went on to adopt is the root cause; they were just as bad when merely ravers. massive tools. that was the demon seed

it's a bit like Pendulum. combining the worst of two genres to form one big sloppy neo-shít children can go mental to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Cianos wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

What about people needing to contact loved ones, people who need an ambulance, or to notify police of escalating thuggery?

we'll have to use landlines like back in the day. The pre- london burned for three days due to social media and BBM day.

I'd say calling 999 is about as much use as a tart at a vicars teaparty. How about we keep the one line open. If possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Why is it just that sky are showing black skinned people rioting?

Because 90% of the rioters are black or asian, from what I can see anyway.

No-one says anything though, 'cause if you do, you're a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Bit of rain would calm things down a bit,and give the police a chance to regroup for a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Quick vote, all in favour of banning the next person who post Kaiser chiefs - i predict a riot, gimme an "i"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

pmcmahon wrote: »
    which station has the best coverage i can't find the remote to keep flicking?(the bean)

Well, from what I've read, 906 is the channel for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Now some incidents in Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Meh i dunno, i really don't see Irish scumbags joining the English cause and start rioting, ri-ra and all that.

The same ****ers who wear English Premier league shirts (not that I dont any) while sporting IRA tattoo's?? I wouldn't put it past them "doing it for the craic, bud" A free tv is a free tv!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Horgan wrote: »
    Quick vote, all in favour of banning the next person who post Kaiser chiefs - i predict a riot, gimme an "i"
    I

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Bit of army response would calm things down a bit,and give the police a chance to regroup for a few hours.

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Young twatheads will stop when they learn that death's not confined to fiction

You imply that these people read...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Stinicker wrote: »
    Who here thinks this is more smoke and mirrors from the Government to divert attention away from the imploding International economy? Today was like the 1929 wallstreet crash yet here we are all uppittty about a few chavs nicking iPhones from Carphone Warehouse.

Go away with stupid conspiracy theories. This is only getting blanket coverage on English channels which is obvious enough.

Rest of world is giving stock exchange plenty of coverage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Burkatron wrote: »
    The same ****ers who wear English Premier league Celtic shirts (not that I dont any) while sporting IRA tattoo's?? I wouldn't put it past them "doing it for the craic, bud" A free tv is a free tv!!!!!

FYP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Well, from what I've read, 906 is the channel for you

914 is waaaaay sweeter

Advertisement