Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Why don't ya all fade away ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

concur4u? wrote: »
    what was the episode of only fools and horses with del boy and the roit police in peckim and the watchs :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v​=rmAktKBjY9E

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Aye will give you an i for that.
    An aye for an I and the whole world is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

becoming increasingly white it seems to me.. majority now maybe? only Asian involvement I saw was the only ethnicity that had the balls to stand up to em??

will look harder.. But it's a skanger issue ultimately; regardless of colour. I recommend folk take a good hard look in the mirror, could you be taken for one of these persona non grata at a glance?

I'm off to London to get me an an Armani suit!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

"This is Sky News reporting on all todays events within London stay with us..."

*fade out*

"Girls in your area want to talk to you now.. call or text 55555..."

Love Sky News:D

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It's razed, isn't it Biggins?
    Thank fcuk you mentioned that!
    I though I was being ignored! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'd be very surprised if there are no fatalities by tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

One my mates in belfast says it's kicked off up there

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

965's coverage is excellent.

looks like a medical operation is in full swing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Quiet night so.

Also, the fcuk does your name mean? Is it a reference to raising zombies or something? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Ironic name:p

Fingers crossed there will be none.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The rioters are engaging in mortal combat, the city will be razed for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭concur4u?

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    no thats not it if you can find the clip i think its both relvent and funny

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

CiaranMT wrote: »
    You imply that these people read...
    No,but for some adolescents reality is in the movies ....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Biggins wrote: »
    The fact that they left (as mentioned earlier) a Waterstones store untouched, should say something! :pac:

obviously its lovers of literature rioting tonight.. wonder was there a batch of bad E distributed? or could this have been organised via Facebook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

He could say that any day of the week up there shur :pac:

Ill go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

Hopefully the police getting heavy handed sooner rather than later, and also, all the shops close to the scumbags abodes will have no more stuff to rob, so they might just not bother

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,899 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

amacachi wrote: »
    Also, the fcuk does your name mean? Is it a reference to raising zombies or something? :S

Probably got it mixed up with Raise;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Where is the tear gas? The armed police force? What is the reason for not having them on the streets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Laika1986 wrote: »

It's organized so ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I haven't been keeping on top of any of this until now really - is this the worst night so far, or have the others been as bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Genuine question here.

Why haven't they sent in the army? Would that not help a hell of a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Thankfully they are well equipped to deal with them up there.

If it were to kick off in Ireland, we would have some forewarning of the riots scale also, and maybe quash it sooner.

obviously its lovers of literature rioting tonight.. wonder was there a batch of bad E distributed? or could this have been organised via Facebook?
    According to some reports, as least by the use of Blackberry's for some reason.

Tuesday Times (England)

* BlackBerrys were used as riot’s recruiting sergeants
    What began as a small, dignified demonstration outside a police station turned within 48 hours into a looting and rioting spree across the capital involving thousands of youths. Police investigating the extraordinary escalation of London’s disorder now believe that the BlackBerry mobile phone played a vital role.

A private, instant messaging service on the BlackBerry network which enables free, virtually instantaneous access to other owners has been used to fuel and spread the riots since Saturday.

Users of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), which has replaced text messaging among young people, have posted messages inciting violence and identifying meeting points for future uprisings.

As messages can be passed to hundreds of users in minutes, the technology appeared to have been used to reach disparate groups of youths across the capital. Police have said that much of the violence was planned using social networking sites and BBM, although many of the messages are unverified. While detectives have vowed to track down those who incite violence on the internet, BBM messages are encrypted and cannot be easily traced by the authorities.

One youth worker told The Times: “People have been talking on BBM all day deciding where they’d go next. They said Peckham would take the next hit. The stuff in Brixton, people used BBM to organise where to meet.”

Mark Duggan, whose shooting by police sparked the initial disturbances on Saturday night used BBM to send a final message to his girlfriend. He wrote: “The Feds are following me.”

After Saturday’s unrest at Tottenham, one widely circulated BBM message read: “Everyone in edmanton enfield wood green everywhere in north link up at enfield town station at 4 o clock sharp!!!”The maker of BlackBerry, Research in Motion (RIM), indicated last night that it would co-operate with police investigations into users of the service. A spokesman said: “We have engaged with the authorities to assist in any way we can.” Users intent on disorder appeared last night to be changing tactics in order to avoid detection. One BBM message was circulated which warned people to get off the network.

Meanwhile, Twitter users who have used the internet site to incite violence will be prosecuted, the Metropolitan Police warned yesterday.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Stephen Kavanagh said police were trawling the website, and other social networking sites, to identify users who may have encouraged unrest.

On Saturday numerous users posted messages that encouraged the violence in Tottenham. One, calling himself @English Frank, posted: “Everyone up and roll to Tottenham f*** the 5-0 (police). I hope 1 dead tonight.”

The Independent yesterday sacked its blogger, Jody McIntyre, for instructing his 9,000 followers on Twitter to spread the riots across the capital.

Mr McIntyre, who was removed by police from his wheelchair during demonstrations in London last year, wrote: “Be inspired by the scenes in #tottenham, and rise up in your neighbourhood. 100 people in every area = the way we can beat the feds.”

On Sunday evening, various users posted photographs of shops being smashed, claiming that they were in Brixton. In fact, they were images from the previous night’s rioting in Tottenham.
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article3119123.ece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Lewisham seems quite a nice well to do area
    Lots of nice houses and parks and trees

Looked a fine area compared to Hackney or Peckham
    I don't realy know London, just going on what I see on the news

So I suppose it can happen anywhere, it's people that make an area, not facilities or lovely housing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Tinie wrote: »
    Where is the tear gas? The armed police force? What is the reason for not having them on the streets?

Resources i imagine,maybe now there'll finally be second thought to cutting defence budgets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

That crap on channel 847 Is so ****ing funny

the guy looks like osama bin laden :D:D

Advertisement