Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Anybody hear the cork guy on the phone on bbc?
    First guy I heard being interviewed on bbc news was a dublin guy freelance reporter ,the second sounded like the cork guy also on bbc news and third was the d4 sounding guy on sky news ......that's Irish diversity for ya

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Where the hell are the Territorial Army when you need them...?

part time soldiers full time banging on about it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I just hope they can bring this under control soon. International eyes are watching and England's enemies may see this as a good time to strike.

Doesn't bear thinking about :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

becoming increasingly white it seems to me.. majority now maybe? only Asian involvement I saw was the only ethnicity that had the balls to stand up to em??

will look harder.. But it's a skanger issue ultimately; regardless of colour. I recommend folk take a good hard look in the mirror, could you be taken for one of these persona non grata at a glance?

Yeah, seems to be.
    Certain posters here will probably lose interest in it now.
    This'll be the greatest disappointment for some of them since it turned out that the attack in Norway wasn't 'the Muslim's'.
    They'll be back to fight another day.
    All that's needed is an event that seems to them to confirm their already predetermined world-view; any evidence that runs contrary to it is simply ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

I just hope they can bring this under control soon. International eyes are watching and England's enemies may see this as a good time to strike.

Russia? China???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I just can't belive this is happening,when is the queen going to speak to her public ??? This is a sad story for the history books.:(

Her public? You must be joking!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Her public? You must be joking!

well they are...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

As far as I know they can't just send the army out to deal with it as they need special persmission as the army will be mobolized with firearms

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

he's not in the city afaik I'll check for the estate name area now.

Eh deramore park??

Never heard of it... but I can hear the ol' helicopter overhead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Living on the 10th floor in Elephant and Castle, one of the poorest parts of the city, with a mostly black population and as far as I can see it's completely calm, so you can't really stereotype these things.

I find the claims that the police ignore the poor and make no effort with the communities hard to believe. I often pass police officers around London chatting and joking with local people and teenagers, even pretty rough looking ones. They show a lot more patience than I ever would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Blisterman wrote: »
    Living on the 10th floor in Elephant and Castle, one of the poorest parts of the city, with a mostly black population and as far as I can see it's completely calm, so you can't really stereotype these things.

I find the claims that the police ignore the poor and make no effort with the communities hard to believe. I often pass police officers around London chatting and joking with local people and teenagers, even pretty rough looking ones. They show a lot more patience than I ever would.

I found the cops in London (the one time I was there) very approachable. In Dublin it's been a 50/50 of completely sound/complete arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I just can't belive this is happening,when is the queen going to speak to her public ??? This is a sad story for the history books.:(

She'd be wasting her time speaking. The rioters don't give a damn what some old, rich, white woman living in a palace has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BooYa

concur4u? wrote: »
    what was the episode of only fools and horses with del boy and the roit police in peckim and the watchs :D

Fatal Extraction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmAktKBjY9E&feature=share

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I bet you if these thugs were going after politician buildings you'd see a different side to the Police.

Does not look good on the international stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Disturbances in bristol

Harry Brown:The Documentary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

aaronh007 wrote: »

Thats Tallaght .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Yes , thats a very scary thought .
    Originally Posted by pragmatic1
    Expect some very draconian laws in the UK when this is all over and a large swing to the far right.
    Hope it never comes to it but if so , I would settle for martial law until such time as the law takes back the streets .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

She'd be wasting her time speaking. The rioters don't give a damn what some old, rich, white woman living in a palace has to say.

Why should they really?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what is happening in Brixton?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

gosh, poor woman on Sky News right now! god love her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

People saying its going to spread over to Dublin. I get this image of them all boarding the ferry and coming across. Sounds like something right out of the Simpsons :D

i've seen that police van pull off ten times now also

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

Manchester now apparently!!

cocoshovel wrote: »
    People saying its going to spread over to Dublin. I get this image of them all boarding the ferry and coming across. Sounds like something right out of the Simpsons :D

:eek::eek::eek: the second invasion

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

pmcmahon wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: the second invasion

To arms!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Originally Posted by pragmatic1
    Expect some very draconian laws in the UK when this is all over and a large swing to the far right.
    Good

Any chance that this could be going nicely nicely for the Tories?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Well thats the addy, I've the postal code too for it but dunno if you'd know where it would be off of that

Advertisement