Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    To arms!

a but they built nice cities the last time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    To arms!

They'll never take the Kingdom, they can do what they want with Cork though!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

lila44 wrote: »
    gosh, poor woman on Sky News right now! god love her!

Aye, shows you the reports that it's just looting are crap, her shop tobbed and another one close by in Birmingham.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

Stinicker wrote: »
    They'll never take the Kingdom, they can do what they want with Cork though!

Well you can be sure that cork will at least pt up a fight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Jody McIntyre, the student activist was filmed being pulled from his wheelchair by police officers during the student demonstrations, tweets: "I would suggest young people hit the streets tomorrow with three central demands." His demands include Cameron and Clegg's resignation and the disbanding of the IPCC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

lila44 wrote: »
    gosh, poor woman on Sky News right now! god love her!

The worst part is that she just gave away their end of day security procedure live on air..(the Keys for the safe in her friends handbang):o

RobitTV wrote: »
    Jody McIntyre, the student activist was filmed being pulled from his wheelchair by police officers during the student demonstrations,

deserved it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Do you think its possible this could turn into 1992 LA riot levels? I seriously hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

pmcmahon wrote: »
    a but they built nice cities the last time

And the Aquaduct.
    "But apart from the nice cities and the Aquaduct, what have the Romans ever done for US?" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

MANCHESTER TO THE LIST! Jaysus

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Well you can be sure that cork will at least pt up a fight :D
    I suppose if the Murphy's brewery was torched that would get a few rebels onto the streets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Big enda will be ordering a report on the likelihood of Dublin riots now:p

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

The rioting will die down in the morning like it has the past few days. Riots are spontaneous and it's hard to keep the momentum going. Hopefully by that stage, the authorities will have had sufficient time to put solid plans in place to stop further outbreaks of rioting tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

01.46 A Panasonic store in West Ealing is being looted. Reports on LBC Radio tonight of a lad being struck on the head by a brick thrown by a gang of boys approximately 15 years-old. Looting of shops by many dozens of youths continues in Woolwich.

Police car just went by with siren on, frightened crap out of me .
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Any chance that this could be going nicely nicely for the Tories?

:confused:

Proper order, they need to crack down on the people involved, do they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Just read elsewhere that there were 5000 police officers deployed for some wedding earlier in the year, tonight they can only deploy 1700.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

And the Aquaduct.
    "But apart from the nice cities and the Aquaduct, what have the Romans ever done for US?" :D:D

the similarities with republicanism and the life of brian is striking :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Reports coming in, cant confirm or deny,
    wait we have conformation, Riot has just started on mars, interstellar war has started

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Blisterman wrote: »
    Living on the 10th floor in Elephant and Castle, one of the poorest parts of the city, with a mostly black population and as far as I can see it's completely calm, so you can't really stereotype these things.
    Agreed and the it's ok to sterotype the people causing disturbances in other british citys tonight as long as you remember they dont represent the majority of the people who live there ,just as if it was hapenning in Dublin or elsewhere.

I find the claims that the police ignore the poor and make no effort with the communities hard to believe. I often pass police officers around London chatting and joking with local people and teenagers, even pretty rough looking ones. They show a lot more patience than I ever would

I always got the impression when down in London of a happy medium between the police and ethnic communities including the Irish while remembering that it has a huge population of every creed and culture so this is a set back byond measure

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

You honestly think it could spread to Ireland? I think we have more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Does anyone else find it odd how it's spreading north? London, then Birmingham, then Liverpool, then Manchester?

It's times like this I'm happy to live in a small town

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

That shop in west Ealing is beside me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Do you think its possible this could turn into 1992 LA riot levels? I seriously hope not.

If the reports so far are accurate it may have done. Outside of London isn't really being mentioned and even within London there's little detail being confirmed away from the places where it first kicked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Very quite in town tonight I live in city centre everyone must be watching this unfold

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The Asian community protecting their businesses

http://yfrog.com/z/kk9a0wkj :cool:

Just read elsewhere that there were 5000 police officers deployed for some wedding earlier in the year, tonight they can only deploy 1700.

note months of planning for the wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

Advertisement