Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Thank you! I can finally go to bed now...:p

Time to unleash hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Telling you lads. Reeling in the years 2011 is going to be some episode. This year has been truly epic !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

What are they exactly doing on channel 847?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Jesus Christ its a free for all in London :eek: 3 fcuking days they have let this continue the army should have been sent in on day 1 instead of tip toeing around these fcukers they need to get the army in there and drench them with water cannons , I really thought England was a lot tougher that this they are letting feral teens bring London to its knees

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

They seriously need to stop with the old posh people appealing for calmness.

They might as well just have p diddy up there swimming in money telling them to stop, it'd relate to the rioters just as well

I agree - they all look and sound like idiots. They are not winning any fans at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Update: :)

02.46 Matthew Taylor, the Guardian: very few taxis are available in South London, partly because all petrol stations have been closed, according to cab firm staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Worst thing about this is Nick Griffin starts getting more publicity.

Tweeting today with "I told you so" stuff.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Do the London Police not have plastic bullets or are they not allowed to use them?

Surely it's called for at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

I'm baffled that after 3 nights I havn't seen any photos or videos of armoured land rovers or plastic bullets....really makes no sense at all! Serious quetions have to be asked about police higher command. Sending out rookie cops armed with just a baton is asking for trouble, something like the murder of PC Blakelock in 1985 could happen all over again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Keith_Blakelock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I agree - they all look and sound like idiots. They are not winning any fans at the moment.
    It's a complete joke. It really shows how completely out of touch the politicians are if they think it will help.

02.48 - Numerous reports on Twitter of shops in Stokes Croft, Bristol, being looted. There are reports of six seperate fires at the Cabot Circus shopping mall in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Jesus Christ its a free for all in London :eek: 3 fcuking days they have let this continue the army should have been sent in on day 1 instead of tip toeing around these fcukers they need to get the army in there and drench them with water cannons , I really thought England was a lot tougher that this they are letting feral teens bring London to its knees

I'd say it was fear from the shooting that started the whole lot. The worst possible thing to happen now is that people really start being hurt/killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

RobitTV wrote: »
    What are they exactly doing on channel 847?
    I don't know but i like what they're doing on 914.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

murpho999 wrote: »
    How do you know it's true?

I'd prefer more reliable sources thank you.

there's only so many times you can view a re run of them lads trying to rip a telly off a wall in ladbrokes. tv is only covering a tiny bit of the action. robit's all over this shizz!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

kraggy wrote: »
    Do the London Police not have plastic bullets or are they not allowed to use them?

Surely it's called for at this stage?

No: They cannot use them, and also they are not the answer. FFS people, have we not learned anything from The North?

crushproof wrote: »
    I'm baffled that after 3 nights I havn't seen any photos or videos of armoured land rovers or plastic bullets....really makes no sense at all! Serious quetions have to be asked about police higher command. Sending out rookie cops armed with just a baton is asking for trouble, something like the murder of PC Blakelock in 1985 could happen all over again.

I agree. It's time to hit these fcukers hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Degag wrote: »
    I don't know but i like what they're doing on 914.

:eek: you made me look :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Well im off to bed and boy do i appreciate being able to go to bed in peace tonight. I feel for the millions in London who are either going to bed scared or cant even go to bed tonight due to one of the worlds great cities being over-run by thousands of chavs. Skanger/Chav culture must end after this. Its only a matter of time before skangers here realise they could do this if they really wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Has the fire in clapham been put out? Was there any damage to the surounding buildings?

joes girls wrote: »
    :eek: you made me look :eek:
    ...and did you like it?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Typewriter wrote: »
    Has the fire in clapham been put out? Was there any damage to the surounding buildings?

I always think std when I hear Clapham :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

crushproof wrote: »

Aye, Nick Griffin agrees with you:

@nickgriffinmep Nick Griffin MEP
    If this was Ulster the rubber bullets would be flying already. Discrimination at work here.

Sky saying armoured cars are starting to be deployed.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Degag wrote: »
    I agree. It's time to hit these fcukers hard.
    Going in with the army will be a mistake. Look how it's turned out in other countries.

Unarmed(with batons), water cannons and tear gas without killing anyone is the only option or the place will truely be burnt to the ground

No: They cannot use them, and also they are not the answer. FFS people, have we not learned anything from The North?
    What do you suggest? A debate?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

So you're saying we should wait until the rioters find out that protection rackets and diesel laundering are more profitable than what they're up to now?

The guys on thewestlondoner were mentioning that if people could donate money to buy .co.uk domain and then some cheeky bastard went and bought it.

2.52am: Matt Taylor from the guardian has just driven through Crystal Palace on his way back from Croydon, and saw a group of youths there smashing a shop window with golf clubs. He says in almost every area he passed through there were signs of damage – an indication of how widespread the violence has been.

• Advertisement

Going in with the army will be a mistake. Look how it's turned out in other countries.

Unarmed(with batons), water cannons and tear gas without killing anyone is the only option or the place will truely be burnt to the ground
    I agree totally but plastic bullets are non lethal and measures like this should be used.

Advertisement