Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

amacachi wrote: »
    There would be no crowd to control if they deploy the army early tomorrow afternoon.

I agree - the army will have to step in tomorrow. Tomorrow night will be insane if something serious isn't done tomorrow. The softly softly approach has not worked. Rioters are going to go up against the army - whereas they would challenge the cops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭YBTurbo

k.p.h wrote: »
    Problem is the dollar and the Euro are almost gone so their is a possibility of a financial meltdown. If this happens people are going to be taking to the streets to protest for genuine reasons. That is when you don't want the police to be stepping up and harassing genuine citizens. I reckon it's going to be a very complex situation over the next few weeks. :(

Don't really understand what you mean by almost gone? (Economics ain't my strong point) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

i can without a shadow of a doubt see undercover cops looting with people in the footage from birmingham???? headsets and microphones on their faces! WTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

Grannies being mugged.

"give me your bag or I will kill you"

SnowY32 wrote: »
    i can without a shadow of a doubt see undercover cops looting with people in the footage from birmingham???? headsets and microphones on their faces! WTF

What channel?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

ascanbe wrote: »
    Ah, ya did. You certainly hinted at it, at least..

No i didn't.

Show me where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

There would be no crowd to control if they deploy the army early tomorrow afternoon.

You have to think of the consequences too though. If a 'protester' gets murdered you're literally adding fuel to the fires.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Did anyone see the fellow and the pitbull on 847... No-one is going to be messing with their businesses.

@ YBTurbo - it is either going to be 847, Sky news or BBC... No other news channels on at the moment. Could be a YouTube clip either though.

on the beeb, guy with 2 dvd players in his hands with a microphone straped on his face, panics when he sees he's on camera, then another undercover cop comes up to him flashes a badge and they go off another direction away from the tv crews, thats what i saw, i did the rewind and all!!! I might be getting tired but i saw it looked odd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ColeTrain wrote: »
    You have to think of the consequences too though. If a 'protester' gets murdered you're literally adding fuel to the fires.

Public sentiment seemed to switch at around 9pm. A few of them getting killed most likely wouldn't be seen by most to outweigh the rest of what has happened tonight.

• Advertisement

on the beeb, guy with 2 dvd players in his hands with a microphone straped on his face, panics when he sees he's on camera, then another undercover cop comes up to him flashes a badge and they go off another direction away from the tv crews, thats what i saw, i did the rewind and all!!! I might be getting tired but i saw it looked odd!

You sure it wasn't a rioter who looted a toy store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

YBTurbo wrote: »
    Don't really understand what you mean by almost gone? (Economics ain't my strong point) :)

Mine neither TBH. Take it from a friend of mine that is a little up on the subject that currently both currency's hang on a knife edge with policy makers scrambling to plug the holes. Some people think they are doing enough some don't. He explained the consequences of decisions currently being made and TBH either way he reckons whats going on in London tonight will only be the start of it.

That said he is a bit of a pessimist and what is going on tonight is in no way related so he was maybe being a bit dramatic. But truth be told I'm not sure myself and lot's of people are very concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I saw that too. I thought it was another rioter telling him to go the other way.

Probably took one for the other lad aswell, and they made it look like the offical cop led him away?

TBH I'd probably do the same, if I don't someone else would.

You sure it wasn't a rioter who looted a toy store?

ah makes sense now :D

k.p.h wrote: »
    Mine neither TBH. Take it from a friend of mine that is a little up on the subject that currently both currency's hang on a knife edge with policy makers scrambling to plug the holes. Some people think they are doing enough some don't. He explained the consequences of decisions currently being made and TBH either way he reckons whats going on in London tonight will only be the start of it.

That said he is a bit of a pessimist and what is going on tonight is in no way related so he was maybe being a bit dramatic. But truth be told I'm not sure myself and lot's of people are very concerned.

Ah I kind of get you now :) Thanks.

Public sentiment seemed to switch at around 9pm. A few of them getting killed most likely wouldn't be seen by most to outweigh the rest of what has happened tonight.

just saying it's the last resort sending in the army.

I agree with you though, I'd have them in there cracking skulls, these thugs have been handed the keys to the city. It's been a big failure from the Metro police.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

I saw that too. I thought it was another rioter telling him to go the other way.

cool, did you see the thing on his face?? hi-tech rioter with the best of communication systems if thats the case lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

just saying it's the last resort sending in the army.

I agree with you though, I'd have them in there cracking skulls, these thugs have been handed the keys to the city. It's been a big failure from the Metro police.

Very much a last resort but I made the suggestion at about 9 o'clock while also saying that even just having the police use some force may be a decent interim measure. The lack of any plastic bullets or tear gas is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

marcsignal wrote: »
    london19402011.jpg

I'm gonna be thick and ask are they the same buildings or just random pics from both? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

YBTurbo wrote: »
    I'm gonna be thick and ask are they the same buildings or just random pics from both? :)

Jeasus! I'm not a magician :D

random ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

No i didn't.

Show me where.

Actually checked and you didn't.
    Genuine apology; very wrong to accuse you of that when you didn't.
    I f*cked up and confused you with someone else.
    Sorry, again.

marcsignal wrote: »
    Jeasus! I'm not a magician :D

random ;)

:P Though as much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

cool, did you see the thing on his face?? hi-tech rioter with the best of communication systems if thats the case lol

It looked like a bluetooth headset to me.

Sorry, again.

Lets get him lads. We can start our own Boards Riot :P

I joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

I'm asking a bit late, but... I'm planning to fly into London tomorrow, just for a night. We'd be hanging around the centre really, doing some touristy things and staying near Hyde Park. For those of you who are more familiar with the situation, can you advise if this is a good idea? How affected is the centre by the rioting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Sorry, again.

No worries :pac:

It's a busy thread, easy to lose track. I appreciate the apology.

I'm asking a bit late, but... I'm planning to fly into London tomorrow, just for a night. We'd be hanging around the centre really, doing some touristy things and staying near Hyde Park. For those of you who are more familiar with the situation, can you advise if this is a good idea? How affected is the centre by the rioting?

Will you get me one of those 3D teles would ya and if you can a pair of adidas trainers white ones size 10, if ya get a chance??? Thanks bud ;)

• Advertisement

001rampolice.jpg

Advertisement