Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If this riot happened on Tottenham Court Road there would have been a hell of a lot more looting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭norris_minor

some guys being interviewed, one chap is actually seemingly rapping, hesitating, searching for a word that rhymes, which is limiting the point he is trying to get across instead of just speaking his mind.

No yoof culture will ever be this dumb again. but then, this one may never leave us. idiot niche

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

baraca wrote: »

you can practically see sky news producers foaming at the mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

And AH posters glued to it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Just seen clips on sky news there of people looting shops with there face uncovered and totally recognisable walking out of the shops with rails of clothes.

How stupid are these people?

OPENROAD wrote: »
    And AH posters glued to it ;)

i didn't say it didn't make for god viewing:D

if the blonde bird now just threw a petrol bomb and screamed 'lets tear this s'hit up' it would be a major improvement :p

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

If this riot happened on Tottenham Court Road there would have been a hell of a lot more looting.

If it happened on Tottenham Court Road, I may have joined in the looting.
    A Rick or a something of a nice vintage. Better than Carpet Right anyway.

(I do not in anyway condone stealing carpets)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

sky news loves all the dramas doesn't it

beerbaron wrote: »
    If it happened on Tottenham Court Road, I may have joined in the looting.
    A Rick or a something of a nice vintage. Better than Carpet Right anyway.

(I do not in anyway condone stealing carpets)

and burning out william hill!! where will their working class brethren double their social money now!

i also suspect there's quite a few middle class 'activists' involved aswell however

• Advertisement

and burning out william hill!! where will their working class brethren double their social money now!

i also suspect there's quite a few middle class 'activists' involved aswell however

The Ladbrokes down the road looks ok ;)

Sooopie wrote: »
    sky news loves all the dramas doesn't it

have you just bought a satellite dish or something, big captain obvious head on ya...

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Just seen clips on sky news there of people looting shops with there face uncovered and totally recognisable walking out of the shops with rails of clothes.

How stupid are these people?
    They were probably wearing latex face disguises.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    The Ladbrokes down the road looks ok ;)

i'd loot the **** ourivit:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

iguana wrote: »

lol, he looted protein powder to increase his future swag carrying potential.

is that tubs of body butter he robbed too?

jesus christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

On the Victoria line today, a South-Asian man gets on holding a suitcase and a plank of charred wood, I really wondered what he was at. As the train was delayed, he even got chatting to a buxom blonde beside him, so for all budding Romeos out their, you go get yourselves a badly damaged plank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

crazygeryy wrote: »

Fair game innit? Tho if the old bill comes I din't see nuffink.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Riots dont work eh? The news vans had to go to the scene of the riots yesterday evening. This implies they werent already there covering the initial peaceful protest outside the police station. Now we all know who Mark Duggan is/was and details are now emerging that the bullet initially thought to be fired at police by Duggan actually was police issue. We now know that there is a good possibility that the police have lied in this. Would we know any of this without the riots last evening? Just saying.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

Are some of those platinum range titles? What a numpty!

blackdog2 wrote: »
    On the Victoria line today, a South-Asian man gets on holding a suitcase and a plank of charred wood, I really wondered what he was at. As the train was delayed, he even got chatting to a buxom blonde beside him, so for all budding Romeos out their, you go get yourselves a badly damaged plank!

Not a fan of the Victoria line imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Riots dont work eh? The news vans had to go to the scene of the riots yesterday evening. This implies they werent already there covering the initial peaceful protest outside the police station. Now we all know who Mark Duggan is/was and details are now emerging that the bullet initially thought to be fired at police by Duggan actually was police issue. We now know that there is a good possibility that the police have lied in this. Would we know any of this without the riots last evening? Just saying.....

I'm sure The Guardian would have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Seeing as how news of the shooting was all over the UK national newspapers since it happened, I'm going to go with yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I was in North London this morning and I saw a bloke in a wheelchair. I said to him, "What happened to you?"

He replied, "I was in Nam."

I said, "What, Vietnam?"

He said, "No. Tottenham."

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It does throw a whole new slant on everything if true but the scumbags , many of who don't even live in the Tottenham area and only interested in mob violence , should be treated with the contempt they deserve .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

amacachi wrote: »
    Oh look at that! Good to see no-one jumped to any conclusions before now!

The only thing more disturbing than those jumping to the conclusion that there was no reason to riot were those jumping to the conclusion that the Met were innocent and have no case to answer by just protecting people.

Frighteningly, the latter outnumber the former I'd say in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I am surprised that this has been a big deal in the news and on news stations. This happens all the time. Unless I am missing something?

• Advertisement

crazygeryy wrote: »
    I was in North London this morning and I saw a bloke in a wheelchair. I said to him, "What happened to you?"

He replied, "I was in Nam."

I said, "What, Vietnam?"

He said, "No. Tottenham."

:D

errr

humour fail

Advertisement