Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The dole is too high in Ireland bring it down to UK levels etc etc:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,714 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A point the Afro-Caribbean community need to address it that the reason there are so many searches on young black people is because there are so many of them who carry knives and guns. And who do they use these weapons on? Generally the Afro-Caribbean population. Remember Damilola Taylor?

The police could stop all such searches tomorrow - but then there's be an epidemic of knife and gun murders, and the self-same community leaders would be on TV bleating about how the police aren't protecting them, and probably suggesting racist motives. :rolleyes:

These people need to sort out their own - where the hell are all the parents of these kids? You can bet when the first one dies, they'll be all over the telly weeping and wailing about it.

So many white teenagers in those areas carry guns and knives too. Who do they use these weapons on? Everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

kleefarr wrote: »
    Unfortunately, due to different policing methods introduced some time ago, political correctness gone mad, they were all got rid of. None in the country.

no they havent. Ken livingston and theresa may have both called for the water canon to be used.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8690220/London-riots-send-in-water-cannon-to-clear-streets-Theresa-May-told.html

its gone way beyond his killing for all this

it has to be more to it than a killing

That killing is what it started about. But I agree, it's gone way past that now. Now, people are rioting and looting just for fun. People of all races.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Fishie wrote: »
    My favourite is still the one from Brixton of the girl in a Curry's uniform being arrested... For looting Curry's

Read somewhere that she didnt work there at all, she robbed the uniform before going in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Parliament to be recalled now, according to Sky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Barrington wrote: »
    There's a reason why there are quite a few black people involved in the riots.

Yes there is, word has spread thats they can get free rice. Thats the second photo of black youths carrying a stolen bag of rice. Seemingly proud of their achievment.

I sincerly hope that all of this doesnt start to make me become racist. I have an open mind, but Im finding it more and more difficult when I see so many more black people appearing to be at the centre of this. Yes, I know there are white people also involved, but I watched this unfold for hours last night and the VAST majority of the footage I saw showed young black people running amock with absolutely no regard for peoples property.

As much as I hate to admit it, I am starting to develop a strong distaste for these people.

Apologies if Ive offended anyone, Im certainly not saying all black people were involved or are bad, but my eyes did not deceive me.

People jumping from their windows to escape the flames, workers in shops having their bags stolen from them! It makes me so furious. I watched in disbelief last night, so many different things were happening all over the place. Today having woken up and having had time to consider what I saw, Im furious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

The dole is too high in Ireland bring it down to UK levels etc etc:D
    It is, and they should.

So many white teenagers in those areas carry guns and knives too. Who do they use these weapons on? Everyone.
    Why do you think Operation Trident was established?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That killing is what it started about. But I agree, it's gone way past that now. Now, people are rioting and looting just for fun. People of all races.

Fixed that a bit for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Not enough prisons, problem solved if they want to live like that, let them amongst themselves, with that being said here is a perfect idea of what should be done with those scumbags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7IZDKk89M0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

no they havent. Ken livingston and theresa may have both called for the water canon to be used.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8690220/London-riots-send-in-water-cannon-to-clear-streets-Theresa-May-told.html

If you read it correctly, Theresa May was TOLD to bring in the water canon, but her response shown on Sky shows that she does not want to, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

djrichard wrote: »
    As much as I hate to admit it, I am starting to develop a strong distaste for these people.

Scumbags are scumbags, there race shouldn't matter imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Time for the Police to take off the gloves and get stuck in, bring in the water cannon from NI and add in the threat of plactic bullet rounds. The police need to stop pussy footing and fight back on behalf of the public. Cameron should also introduce a carfew in London, Bristol, and wherever they deem it necessary. Too many people have suffered, and this must not be allowed to continue into a fourth night.

PS; The Army as a last resort, and only to be used if shooting starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Home Secretary has ruled out water cannons etc.

13,000 cops to be deployed overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Looks they have manged a possible killer blow to many small indepentant record companies that used that SONY distribution depot . They have just had all their stock burnt.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/58529

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PIAS_UK_Distribution

inforfun wrote: »
    Fixed that a bit for you.

No you didn't. In fact, I'd go so far as to say you ruined it. If you want to call them sub-human scum, go ahead. Use your own posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

The more coverage i see of this the more I believe that the police need to take an absolute ZERO tolerance view on this tongiht. Cameron should come out and set a curfew of 10pm tonight. Anyone out after that without a valid reason should prepare for the full force of the police.

Imagine the fear of all the people sitting in their apartments wondering if the shop downstairs was going to be set alight, not feeling safe enough to go to sleep. It is a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I just don't understand the mentality of these people. They LIVE in these places, and yet they're burning buildings to the ground and destroying businesses around them.

I honestly despair for society if these are the values of these people. I honestly don't think that things would get as bad over here- I know we have a fair few scumbags (one is too many IMO) but I really don't think things would get so out of control. Maybe I'm naive though :o

mike65 wrote: »
    The Home Secretary has ruled out water cannons etc.
    Bizarre imho.

• Advertisement

Caraville wrote: »
    I honestly despair for society if these are the values of these people.
    They don't have values. Where are their parents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I wonder how long this will go on for?

If no strong-arm tactics are used, and a "we don't use water cannons here" policy is pursued I don't see it stopping within the next 4-5 days for sure. Not until every single shop is ravaged of its supplies. Meanwhile, as said above, if a 10PM curfew was imposed and anyone seen out would get, "restrained", then the situation would end a lot sooner. If there is a group of people the use rubber bullets or if you see a scumbag causing serious harm to a person just shoot him with live ammunition.

I do assume the UK has Marshal Laws that can be put in place at times of emergency, so they should do that. According to the BBC every cell in London is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

16,000 police to be deployed tonight as opposed to 6,000 last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

LordSutch wrote: »
    Time for the Police to take off the gloves and get stuck in, bring in the water cannon from NI and add in the threat of plactic bullet rounds. The police need to stop pussy footing and fight back on behalf of the public. Cameron should also introduce a carfew in London, Bristol, and wherever they deem it necessary. Too many people have suffered, and this must not be allowed to continue into a fourth night.

PS; The Army as a last resort, and only to be used if shooting starts.

there is already fewer cars in London since this kicked off last thursday.

The water cannon thing wont work as this isnt a riot in the normal sence of the word, its more of a free for all pillage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Cameron has spoken, 16,000 police on the streets of the Capital tonight, no talk of water cannon and no talk of the army :cool:

Too little too late . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

16,000 police to be deployed tonight as opposed to 6,000 last night.
    No good if they are not properly trained and equipped for riot situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

They need snatch squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

They need snatch squads.

I'd sign up to be in that squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

They don't have values. Where are their parents?

Exactly. Their parents are probably just as bad though. These people's homes should be searched to see what stuff they've robbed, although that's the least of the police's worries now.

I'm a teacher and I probably think about the state of parenting at least 5 times a day. It is just horrific the state some children come to school in- dirty uniforms, no lunch, no homework ever done or recurring absenteeism for no reason. And the thing is,when they misbehave, there's no point in giving out to them, because firstly they've no fear as their parents obviously don't care. Plus, they're probably dealing with so much crap at home that you giving out to them for not drawing that diagram or answering a reading comprehension is irrelevant to them. Some people genuinely should not be allowed to have children. If you can't provide for them, don't have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Shoot the fcukers.

Advertisement