Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I'd sign up to be in that squad.

I hear the job can sometimes get a bit hairy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

I'd sign up to be in that squad.

me thinks you're thinking of something differnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

CorkMan wrote: »
    I do assume the UK has Marshal Laws that can be put in place at times of emergency, so they should do that. According to the BBC every cell in London is full.
    It's probably hard to declare martial law when most of your military is in Afghanistan and elsewhere around the world.

It's probably hard to declare martial law when most of your military is in Afghanistan and elsewhere around the world.

half the army would probably join the riot if they came back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

It would be nice if Road Wars had a special version broadcasted for this :D

"Simon & Chris approach Slough on a Monday night, where an 02 shop, a McDonalds and Sony store have all been robbed. Youths are congregating and insulting the police. Simon & Chris have been asked to quell the situation."

• Advertisement

Reports of people being forced to strip off their clothes last night by rioters, and others being assaulted and then searched by rioters.
    Welcome to the United Kingdom 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Sooopie wrote: »
    Some lad on Sky News, saying that he wasn't surprised at the riots and that it came about because they're not treated with respect :rolleyes:

I expect more of this PC bull**** to follow

Did no-one ever tell him that respect is a two-way street?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Reports of people being forced to strip off their clothes last night by rioters, and others being assaulted and then searched by rioters.
    Welcome to the United Kingdom 2011.

But I live in Ireland :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just had an email from my sister, she lives in Dulwich which is a quiet, well-to-do area 2 miles from Peckham and even there last night a mob gathered and broke shop windows, mainly off-licences and sports shops being targeted. The high street in Camberwell is also wrecked, which I haven't seen mentioned so far.

Just as well she and her family are selling up and moving home to Dublin for good next week, not too many folks immigrating into Ireland at the moment. But like I said to her, the dole in this country is high enough to keep the scumbags in fags, booze and PS3 games to keep them off the streets.

Time for the British Army to move in I reckon - are rubber bullets standard issue at this stage? The best trained troops are over in Afghanistan of course.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

DominoDub wrote: »
    Barrington wrote: »
    No you didn't. In fact, I'd go so far as to say you ruined it. If you want to call them sub-human scum, go ahead. Use your own posts.

Edited that fix for you Barrington.

I just can not call creatures like in that link in the quote above "people".
    Because that would put them in the same category as decent human beings. And with behavior like that, they are clearly not "people"

• Advertisement

why is it when mass people like this gather round there is no sign a you're mad man gun totting lunatic who begins indiscriminately firing upon the open crowd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭the varg

Not really related to the riots but still love this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8ojeHySYSA

Justice :D

Unfortunately I'd say the pr*ck got his mates to come back & give yer man grief.

Bambi wrote: »
    But I live in Ireland :confused:
    Aren't you ****ing lucky.....:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Not of too much importance but England - The Netherlands for tomorrow has been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

From the Met Police site..

Police are urgently appealing for information about a collision that resulted in two officers requiring medical treatment.

Officers were responding to reports of looting at a shop on the junction of Royston Road and Chingford Mount Road, E4 shortly before 0200 on Monday 8 August when they were driven at, at speed, by a dark coloured Saloon. The car, possibly a Y Reg dark green Volvo S40, hit two officers and left the scene without stopping.

The officers were taken to hospital, one with minor neck injuries and the other with leg injuries. Both have subsequently been discharged.

Yahew wrote: »
    In vietnam ? riots all night I assume as they are poorer than " oppressed" Londoners. Of course, if a Vietnamese did immigrate to London and work hard and get a business going, and were that business burned down the responsibilty would be with "we as a society" for making more money than people who don't work. That's blaming the victims. They were "asking for it" by creating inequality by working hard.

When is that sick philosophy going to die out?

What are you on about? I just said I'm sitting in a cafe in Vietnam. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

kleefarr wrote: »

Police are urgently appealing for information about a collision that resulted in two officers requiring medical treatment.

Officers were responding to reports of looting at a shop on the junction of Royston Road and Chingford Mount Road, E4 shortly before 0200 on Monday 8 August when they were driven at, at speed, by a dark coloured Saloon. The car, possibly a Y Reg dark green Volvo S40, hit two officers and left the scene without stopping.

The officers were taken to hospital, one with minor neck injuries and the other with leg injuries. Both have subsequently been discharged.
    The car was more than likely stolen and the occupants camouflaged as it was night time.

Best of look to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

The PM wasted his time coming back, the normal drivel bullsiht, not one what we are going to do from this point forward,

an extra 10k police on the streets tonight making it 16k in total (assuming there was 6k last night).

then to finish he says, ok there is a lot of work to do so im going to naff off now, just in case your going to ask me any hard questions,

oooooooo did I tell yis were going to have a special sitting of the house on Thursday so we can debate for 1 day (3.5 hrs).

debates are the new, kick the fook out of them.

Their thinking its all over and it is now.

To little to late.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

kleefarr wrote: »

sounds like someone was getting a PIGGYback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

The PM wasted his time coming back, the normal drivel bullsiht, not one what we are going to do from this point forward,

an extra 10k police on the streets tonight making it 16k in total (assuming there was 6k last night).

then to finish he says, ok there is a lot of work to do so im going to naff off now, just in case your going to ask me any hard questions,

oooooooo did I tell yis were going to have a special sitting of the house on Thursday so we can debate for 1 day (3.5 hrs).

debates are the new, kick the fook out of them.

Their thinking its all over and it is now.

To little to late.

it's just optics, the tabloids would be plastered with pics of him in his Speedos on holidays if he didn't return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I wonder would the Dáil return if a similar situation were to occur in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Sounds like real action isn't gonna happen until parliment is recalled....on 4ooking THURSDAY.

So basically, London and probably every other UK city, has to endure at least two more nights of this without the Police getting any help. By Thursday, there'll be no London left!!

Hundrends of people showing up all over London today wanting to help with the cleanup! That's great. But what's really needed is hundreds of people to show up tonight to help police kick the living ****e out of these brats!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Would it ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

terrible to see poor families left homeless after homes burned down

Why dont they attack rich politicians houses if there so angry with them

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

To do what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Just got a text off a mate in London who I text last night to ask him about the riots.

He text back

"No need to painic man, Black lads robbing things in England,Jews robbing things in America, They are all just at it the same time this week"

Just about sums it up if you ask me....:(

Advertisement