Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

123balltv wrote: »
    terrible to see poor families left homeless after homes burned down

Why dont they attack rich politicians houses if there so angry with them

Because the police would have prevented them.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

terrible to see poor families left homeless after homes burned down

Why dont they attack rich politicians houses if there so angry with them

I don't think anyone is even pretending that it is about being angry with politicians. It is out and out criminality

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭the varg

CorkMan wrote: »
    I wonder would the Dáil return if a similar situation were to occur in Ireland?

Lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

k.p.h wrote: »
    Just got a text off a mate in London who I text last night to ask him about the riots.

He text back

"No need to painic man, Black lads robbing things in England,Jews robbing things in America, They are all just at it the same time this week"

Just about sums it up if you ask me....:(
    Sums up your buddy's racist and anti-semitic attitudes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭twinytwo

This is mindless thuggery and carnage is easily sorted, deploy army... water cannons and plastic bullets give them a warning and let them have it... then deport or put in prison everyone involved.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I don't think anyone is even pretending that it is about being angry with politicians. It is out and out criminality
    I agree. Its purely about criminality - yobo's taking a chance to rob during the chaos they create.

Sadly however there was still some on BBC London radio this morning absurdly saying "its all the fault of the government" & "They made them do it".
    Daftness of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Rise of The Planet of the Apes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

twinytwo wrote: »
    This is mindless thuggery and carnage is easily sorted, deploy army... water cannons and plastic bullets give them a warning and let them have it... then deport or put in prison everyone involved.

Not so easy.
    Army in Afghanistan and Iraq, no water cannon and would be better to send them to Iraq/Afghanistan instead of prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

deport them to where, Australia?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

kleefarr wrote: »
    Not so easy.
    Army in Afghanistan and Iraq, no water cannon and would be better to send them to Iraq/Afghanistan instead of prison.

Now there is a solution.

Ship em out to Afghanistan. Let them do their looting there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Adamantium wrote: »
    Rise of The Planet of the Apes

. . . now in jaw dropping 3D! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

I'm so capitivated by these events! Distracting me from studying for my repeats!

I don't know how they could/should tackle this issue. It's a social issue. Youths with absolutely zero respect for others that are the next generation. It's going to be hard to catch them.
    I really think music contributes to this kind of violent culture eg Rihanna's song Run This Town. They're all running around listening to this stuff thinking it's real life.

'Feel it coming in the air
    Hear the screams from everywhere
    I’m addicted to the the thrill (I'm Ready)
    It’s a dangerous love affair (C'mon)
    Can’t be scaring nickels down
    Got a problem, tell me now
    Only thing that’s on my mind
    Is who gon’ run this town tonight...'

'Life’s a game but it’s not fair
    I break the rules so I don’t care
    So I keep doing my own thing
    Walking tall against the rain
    Victory’s within the mile
    Almost there, don’t give up now

oh they also need to shut down BBM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

The amount of businesses ruined.The government are not really giving the people confidence in their ability to control the issue.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

These are 100%, passport holding, God Save the Queen singing, Tesco rice eating British citizens. Not Nigerian and Ghanaian immigrants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Biggins wrote: »
    I agree. Its purely about criminality - yobo's taking a chance to rob during the chaos they create.

Sadly however there was still some on BBC London radio this morning absurdly saying "its all the fault of the government" & "They made them do it".
    Daftness of the highest order.

Riots don't happen in a vacuum though. There's a flash point that leads to widespread rioting and criminality but there are socio-economic conditions and tensions simmering away within the community that are the real cause of these problems. The same with the LA Riots and the Paris Riots. All these riots show is that nothing has really changed in the last 30 years for a lot of people in London...

How are these problems solved? Fück knows but they will keep on happening…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

I agree but these black people have being treated like dogs by the police

Millionaire black footballers are stopped a lot cause their driving cars fancy
    cars they dont riot cause they have too much to lose
    these kids from the getto have nothing to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

what airport are you flying to? you don't have to go to central london either. if you're going to gatwick, could head down to brighton for the evening.

I believe its on the target list for tonight though. Hope its wrong as my cousin, her hubby and kids live there and he has enough hassle as he is away to work today in Camden Lock Market to see what damage has been done. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭twinytwo

your having a laugh right? they are treated like scum because they act like scum.. it has nothing to do with their skin colour

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It'z coz I iz black init'

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metropolitanpolice/6024941771/in/set-72157627267892973

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Republicans must be ashamed of themselves. The london citizenry do more damage in 3 days than the provos managed in 30 years.

Chunky Orla!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

naasface wrote: »
    I really think music contributes to this kind of violent culture eg Rihanna's song Run This Town. They're all running around listening to this stuff thinking it's real life.

Yes because I imagine Rihanna is huge amongst the looters in London. I thought I saw a lot of dyed red hair out on the streets…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Ok here's the latest updates -

The violence spread into Kent last night, with a group of 15 youths starting fires and causing criminal damage in the Medway Towns. There 10 arrests were made following widespread damage in Chatham, Rainham and Gillingham.

James Clark, the former Ministry of Defence head of press, tweets that the RAF may be drafted in to support police operations
    "I understand the Met is exploring the poss of having military 'copters from RAF Benson on standby to support their 3 observation aircraft"

tomorrow night's England v Holland friendly has been called off because of the violence.

Cameron has just finished his short statement outside Downing Street, announcing that Parliament will be recalled on Thursday so we "can stand together in condemnation of these crimes and in determination to rebuild these communities."

11.04 Cameron: "This is criminality pure and simple and it has to be confronted and defeated."

11.06 Cameron: "Clear that we need much more police and even more robust action." He said that all leave had been cancelled and there would be 16,000 police on the streets tonight.

CCTV Images -
    http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01967/west-norwood-riots_1967629c.jpg
    http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01967/croydon-suspects-r_1967630c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

Anyone watching Sky News the report they have on now (or just now) is actually terrifying and very sad. These people are non-human

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Tabnabs wrote: »
    These are 100%, passport holding, God Save the Queen singing, Tesco rice eating British citizens. Not Nigerian and Ghanaian immigrants.
    This is why deporting will be effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Firstly, as has been pointed out, it is not just black people.

Secondly, If they had isssues with the way they were treated by the police they would have been attacking the police. Or if they were going down the property destruction line, nothing would be safe.

As it stands, the shops being looted are the likes of high end electronics stores and clothing stores. After that it is places which will have a lot of cash lying around. This is out and out thieving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Lots of #Vigilante talk on Twitter !

If they were not carrying knives and guns and constantly involved in gang crime, drugs, shooting and stabbings they might hope to have better treatment.

Do you think the police should stop trying to get knives and guns off the streets?

I'm referring to scum in general btw the way regardless of race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Tabnabs wrote: »

It appears that at least 70% of Australia is practically uninhabited. Surely the brits would be able to send another couple over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The Government should offer the services of the Gardai Riot squad in lieu of some of the debt that this country owes to the UK. These guys would be well able for them if they get stuck in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

naasface wrote: »
    I'm so capitivated by these events! Distracting me from studying for my repeats!

I don't know how they could/should tackle this issue. It's a social issue. Youths with absolutely zero respect for others that are the next generation. It's going to be hard to catch them.