Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

12.40 Jamie Oliver says his Italian restaurant in Birmingham's Bullring shopping centre was smashed up in the riots.
    ""sadly my restaurant in Birmingham got smashed up windows all gone whole area closed, cant open, staff and customers all safe""

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

The Government should offer the services of the Gardai Riot squad in lieu of some of the debt that this country owes to the UK. These guys would be well able for them if they get stuck in.

Imagine that...

"oh you need our help now do you??"......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'm actually shocked that theirs been no fatalities in these riots. A good shocked tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

twinytwo wrote: »
    your having a laugh right? they are treated like scum because they act like scum.. it has nothing to do with their skin colour

My Dad was treated like scum back in 70's/80's London because he
    was Irish.He did'nt riot with all his Irish pals he has respect.
    I'm not saying these scumbags are right to burn houses/shops but the British have failed them in a way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

RobitTV wrote: »
    12.40 Jamie Oliver says his Italian restaurant in Birmingham's Bullring shopping centre was smashed up in the riots.
    ""sadly my restaurant in Birmingham got smashed up windows all gone whole area closed, cant open, staff and customers all safe""

That's particularly ****. The man goes out of his way to help disadvantaged youths, even ones with criminal records.

• Advertisement

Over 16,000 officers to be drafted in, Largest since the 70's/80s miner strike's + riot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Riots don't happen in a vacuum though. There's a flash point that leads to widespread rioting and criminality but there are socio-economic conditions and tensions simmering away within the community that are the real cause of these problems. The same with the LA Riots and the Paris Riots. All these riots show is that nothing has really changed in the last 30 years for a lot of people in London...

How are these problems solved? Fück knows but they will keep on happening…
    You have a point but as with other sections of communities where there is much or equal discontent - others don't go wrecking their own streets and shops.
    Most peacefully protest, take to the streets in real organised marches - and rightly so.

I may be wrong but its my opinion that there is no excuse whatsoever to justify what on last night in London. No excuse whatsoever. That wasn't a protest or a pot boiling over last night - that was thugs making and then using an opportunity to steal and terrorise residents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Yakult wrote: »
    I'm actually shocked that theirs been no fatalities in these riots. A good shocked tho!!

Early days yet

Hopefully any fatalities will be self inflicted among scumbags and occur accounts of Darwinism. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

The Government should offer the services of the Gardai Riot squad in lieu of some of the debt that this country owes to the UK. These guys would be well able for them if they get stuck in.

Ah Now, that would be cruel and unusal puinishment and against the Human Rights act. (End up making Mrs. Blair richer)

The made be hard core, but not that hard core

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Over 16,000 officers to be drafted in, Largest since the 70's/80s miner strike's + riot.

Leaving the places they're coming from wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

guy shot last night has just died according to sky on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

BBC news now reporting that a 26 year old man, who was shot in Croydon yesterday has died.

Just seen on BBC news a 26 yr old man who was shot in croydon last night has died in hospital.

Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

26 year old man shot in car in Croydon died. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

BBC reporting that the bloke shot in Croydon yesterday's just died. Depends whether you include that or not I suppose, as there's no mention of him being involved in the riots or attacked by those who were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

kleefarr wrote: »
    26 year old man shot in car in Croydon died. :(
    Car-jacking attempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

cisk wrote: »
    Just seen on BBC news a 26 yr old man who was shot in croydon last night has died in hospital.

Sickening.

Is this the first casualty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Early days yet

Hopefully any fatalities will be self inflicted among scumbags and occur accounts of Darwinism. :p

Seen the thugs smashing up a car last night, one of them threw a lump of timber a cars window, bounced off it and smack on of he's pals, brilliant i thought, then they went on to set the car on fire, after a many failed attempts, i was so hoping one of them would have caught fire too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not. Makes me sick to the stomach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4-Oo

• Advertisement

12.46 BREAKING The 26-year-old man shot in Croydon last night has died.

Is this the first casualty?

Yes, 1st one confirmed by Scotland yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Not sure, has this been posted yet?

London riots / UK riots: verified areas

There's volcanos running amok in London right now :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Already broken. ^

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

You post in bold and don't link your source as though you are some credible news source, despite the fact that about 6 people posted it before you saying that it is being reported on BBC and sky??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

BBC news now reporting that a 26 year old man, who was shot in Croydon yesterday has died.

His Mother Pamela Duggan
    Pamela Duggan said race may have been a factor in the death. "They [the police] killed my son. I'm not saying murder ... I don't know what it is. Apparently it was wrote [sic] somewhere that he was being watched ... He's black and you know what that means," she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Yeah, all 20 of them ( I jest). We don't have enough police here as it is, we can't afford to send any away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not. Makes me sick to the stomach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4-Oo

Apologies is link is not working. Try this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4-Oo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

123balltv wrote: »
    His Mother Pamela Duggan
    Pamela Duggan said race may have been a factor in the death. "They [the police] killed my son. I'm not saying murder ... I don't know what it is. Apparently it was wrote [sic] somewhere that he was being watched ... He's black and you know what that means," she said.

If that's true his mother needs to be told to have a cup of STFU.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Whats peoples opinions on tonight 16000 police...will we still see troubles on the street?

Advertisement