Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BooYa

Some funny interviewS there on sky news. Random old man butts into interview to SCREAM.....

"The Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace are next on the list for the anarchists!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

stovelid wrote: »
    Famines and bailouts are a bit of a downer compared to watching round-the-clock rioting.

Attack the poster not the post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

cosmicfart wrote: »
    there is something rather disturbing though about how engrossing all this is though aint there?

it is!

RT released this one last Christmas, I thought it was excellent! :D

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

Godot. wrote: »
    Why do you all give a sh!t? I don't believe every single one of you have family or friends in London.

Worse stuff happening around the world right this minute.

what a ridiculous comment to make, this is happening across the pond, it could easily start happening over here.

and I ued to live in london as a child and have a brother and neices over there. I'm sure there are plenty more posters that have family and friends over there so stop acting so ignorant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Lol Big Jim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Kay Burley is havin a mare!

JaJa to angry old codger to local businessman who mentioned there were 200 "Black Youths".

Tough crowd to interview live!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

BooYa wrote: »

I watched that live. Very rude newsreader. Towards the end..

Newsreader: You're not a stranger to riots yourself I understand, you've taken part in riots before?

Man: I have never taken part in a single riot. I have been on demonstrations that ended up in a conflict. Have some respect for an old West Indian negro and stop accusing me of being a rioter..

Newsreader: [cuts him off] Thank you for joining us, Darcus Howe, writer and broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

13.28 Police are prepared to use plastic bullets if the violence continues tonight, it is being reported.
    Deputy Assistant Commissioner Steve Kavanagh told The Guardian: "If we need to, we will do so."

Source: guardian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

RichieC wrote: »
    it is!

RT released this one last Christmas, I thought it was excellent! :D

:pac:

cant see the utube vid as im in work but I guess its something to do our little mini Horse fair riot up in smithfield :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

mossyc123 wrote: »
    Kay Burley is havin a mare!

JaJa to angry old codger to local businessman who mentioned there were 200 "Black Youths".

Tough crowd to interview live!

Good for her, I've seen her do some terrible interviews with guests trying to give them a hard time, so it's good to see her work for her money!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

cosmicfart wrote: »
    last time i watched this much SN was 9/11 :(

In a twisted way, maybe the rioters are more honest in giving rein to their anti-social urges because half the world appears to be glued to proceedings from their living rooms. Same with football hooliganism and other media to do with violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Someone tripped over the camera cable.

You are a genuine idiot.

Excuse me? there is no need to get angry sir.

Your opinion means nothing with the word "idiot" in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

baldbear wrote: »
    hipidy hop artist Jaja now on Sky. Jaysus.... It's because they don't have mums and are poor says Jaja....

Excuses, excuses... is he implying poor people don't have basic morals or something?

If so, what was Charlie Gilmour's excuse?

mossyc123 wrote: »

Fatal PC terminology error.

It should always be The Black Youth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Anyone goes out to rob stuff tnite they are really stupid. DC has pretty much given the 16,000 police hitting the streets later free hand to do bash done heads

In a twisted way, maybe the rioters are more honest in giving rein to their anti-social urges because half the world appears to be glued to proceedings from their living rooms. Same with football hooliganism and other media to do with violence.

yeah real life violence does feed the urge more than watching keanu reeves or Bruce lee, still though, its a fooked up world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Godot. wrote: »
    Why do you all give a sh!t? I don't believe every single one of you have family or friends in London.

Worse stuff happening around the world right this minute.

I've been waiting for you to show up......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

RobitTV wrote: »

It is a bloody great snap, contender for pic of the year

Would make a great album cover

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

More stupid than

Marshall Law
    Shoot them
    get the Army out

Actually they're quite sensible. A small number of people in society cause this behaviour and terrorise the population at large. Shoot them. End of story. Problem solved. Instead of tryng to make excuses about "disenfranchisement".:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Fatal PC terminology error.

It should always be The Black Youth.

Did you hear the shop owners response to Kay insisting they couldn't possibly have all been Black:

"Your right, yeah, everyone there wasn't black, I was the White person there!"

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BooYa

steve9859 wrote: »
    Anyone goes out to rob stuff tnite they are really stupid. DC has pretty much given the 16,000 police hitting the streets later free hand to do bash done heads

Yeah tru dat blud, all the genius's wuz out last nite innit

It is a bloody great snap, contender for pic of the year

Someone saving their Blow Up Doll!!

Sorry

/zee bad humour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

steve9859 wrote: »

Sure they only need to bash one head a bit too hard and the whole fire will be stoked right up again. The only people who can stop this are the ones that are dong it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Actually they're quite sensible. A small number of people in society cause this behaviour and terrorise the population at large. Shoot them. End of story. Problem solved. Instead of tryng to make excuses about "disenfranchisement".:rolleyes:

I think the crown has experience of how ****ed up, that thinking is ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I hope a few of the little bastards are stupid enough to try the same stunt tonight....... :D they be getting bet sideways (and rightly so)

The photo of the woman leaping from the second storey window has cropped up numerous places - I really hope they caught her OK!

• Advertisement

I Think more rioters will come out in force tonight with larger numbers, and it will spread further

Advertisement