Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

They've used rubber bullets, water cannons and batons in Ulster

What's with this soft approach on the "mainland"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

RobitTV wrote: »
    I Think more rioters will come out in force tonight with larger numbers, and it will spread further

They will be kicked up and down the streets tonight if they do....... The PM had to cancell his holiday to deal with this and tonight is the night to gain some support.

Rioters will probably die if they come out in force tonight, guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Wait till there all finished work, gonna be out rioting again, Fookers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I watched that live. Very rude newsreader. Towards the end..

Newsreader: You're not a stranger to riots yourself I understand, you've taken part in riots before?

Man: I have never taken part in a single riot. I have been on demonstrations that ended up in a conflict. Have some respect for an old West Indian negro and stop accusing me of being a rioter..

Newsreader: [cuts him off] Thank you for joining us, Darcus Howe, writer and broadcaster.

She also got his name wrong repeatedly. I can't stand Darcus Howe, but FFS...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I Think more rioters will come out in force tonight with larger numbers, and it will spread further

This...

16000 police on the streets...after the lawness of last night....this is just present a new target for the rioters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BooYa

They will be kicked up and down the streets tonight if they do....... The PM had to cancell his holiday to deal with this and tonight is the night to gain some support.

The use of "probably" and "guaranteed" in the same sentence is always a larf sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's a choice with these kids. They could have disrupted city life by sit-down protests or by doing other non-violent things.
    But I guess looting and burning is more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Police could also die some of these gangs are heavily armed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

"Why have you forsaken us?" London cries to this 'ol dear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

After 6pm tonight when they finish work college or whatever i have bad feeling of whats to come.

but atleast there will be more officers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Horgan wrote: »
    Wait till there all wake up, gonna be out rioting again, Fookers

Fixed thine post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Iraq to deploy peacekeeping forces to London

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Actually they're quite sensible. A small number of people in society cause this behaviour and terrorise the population at large. Shoot them. End of story. Problem solved. Instead of tryng to make excuses about "disenfranchisement".:rolleyes:

You could execute every single individual involved in the rioting this week and in ten years time you'll have exactly the same problem because you haven't dealt with the root causes.

There's no excuse for the kind of thuggery we're seeing here, but neither does it happen in isolation. It's not a coincidence that you don't often see riots start in expensive postcodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Definitely maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

biko wrote: »
    There's a choice with these kids. They could have disrupted city life by sit-down protests or by doing other non-violent things.
    Yeah,that would work just as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Balloon Of a fish in C.

It's the police that they claim to have the problem with ,so bring in the army and let them do the business.

Rioters can't attack the army

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I'd have said there'll be more trouble outside of London and less there tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

From Twitter
    @missgucci13
    .ChEvOnNe GuCcI ..
    ppl should start rioting in #SOUTHAMPTON and stand up 2 dis EVIL goverment and da police instead of being #slaves ders NO jobs anymore!
    @HantsPolice
    Hampshire Police
    @missgucci13 It is an offence to commit or encourage riot. Your msg has been referred for consideration for criminal investigation #police

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Theyre not trying to make a point. Theyre just trying to rob stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

After 6pm tonight when they finish work college or whatever i have bad feeling of whats to come.

but atleast there will be more officers

Are you takin the p!ss?!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I watched that live. Very rude newsreader. Towards the end..

Newsreader: You're not a stranger to riots yourself I understand, you've taken part in riots before?

Man: I have never taken part in a single riot. I have been on demonstrations that ended up in a conflict. Have some respect for an old West Indian negro and stop accusing me of being a rioter..

Newsreader: [cuts him off] Thank you for joining us, Darcus Howe, writer and broadcaster.

Interesting interview (and incredibly bad interviewing technique). I personally haven't heard anybody making a link between the riots in London and the unrest in the Middle East, but there you go.

Not sure if somebody previously has posted this video, but some shocking stuff going on here.

Odd how the first three cities that the unrest hit (London, Birmingham and Leeds) directly corresponded to The Smiths' Panic. If Carlisle is next, we should be very, very worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I hate to say it but their way is more effective. If they hadn't looted it would have been better for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    steve9859 wrote: »
    Anyone goes out to rob stuff tnite they are really stupid. DC has pretty much given the 16,000 police hitting the streets later free hand to do bash done heads

Sure they only need to bash one head a bit too hard and the whole fire will be stoked right up again. The only people who can stop this are the ones that are dong it.

So the police leave them to terrorize London till they get bored, or else there's nothing left to burn, right???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Osama bin laden is live on channel 847 again :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

Majority blacks as far as I can see, not being disparaging but white men built the country and black men are trying to burn it down!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

I reckon there will be serious rioting tonight after the youngsters get their dinner.

To what end? I can't remember the last peaceful protest either here or in Britain that achieved a damn thing. And the last protest I can recall seeing kids involved with in large numbers ended up being kettled anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

I reckon there will be serious rioting tonight after the youngsters get their dinner.

Dont feed the trolls so

whiteboy wrote: »
    Majority blacks as far as I can see, not being disparaging but white men built the country and black men are trying to burn it down!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hardy_buck

speechless.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424 (sorry if this has already been posted)

Advertisement