Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

whiteboy wrote: »
    Majority blacks as far as I can see, not being disparaging but white men built the country and black men are trying to burn it down!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Majority blacks as far as I can see, not being disparaging but white men built the country and black men are trying to burn it down!

On the contrary, black men were invited from the colonies to come to Britain to help rebuild it after WW2 largely because so many British men were killed in the war and domestic manpower just wasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Cianos wrote: »
    "Why have you forsaken us?" London cries to this 'ol dear

I know the word epic is thrown around a lot these days, but that is so fcuking epic :pac:

You can see her legging it up the road while everyone else is just standing by and watching it all happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

BooYa wrote: »
    The use of "probably" and "guaranteed" in the same sentence is always a larf sometimes

train of thought typing, not bothering to read back:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

steve9859 wrote: »
    So the police leave them to terrorize London till they get bored, or else there's nothing left to burn, right???

So it's either do nothing or bash heads? Surely the police are more skilled than to only be able to come up with those two options. It's a social/cultural issue not a policing issue. As another poster said on the last page, this kind of thing doesn't break out in wealthy and affluent areas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Says 'whiteboy'. Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

Violence solves nothing :

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    So it's either do nothing or bash heads? Surely the police are more skilled than to only be able to come up with those two options. It's a social/cultural issue not a policing issue. As another poster said on the last page, this kind of thing doesn't break out in wealthy and affluent areas.

The Ajara jaguar option wont work here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

GTFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

does anyone have a stream for sky news? it is free to air so it shouldn't be a problem.

I've a sat system but mysteriously it is turned on the and HDMI plugged in, but it won't show up on my screen even though every other HDMI device shows up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Says 'whiteboy'. Hmm.

Have seen him make some other racist posts in the past :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

NIce to see a Black youth worker and activist interviewed on the BBC earlier where the interviewer was the one coming out with the PC bull**** and the youth worker calling it like it is. Nothing to do with racism or heavy handed policing and all to do with feral scumbags teens taking advantage of the situation. That its not about poverty or deprivation but down to the 'human rights' soft touch policing and telling this kids all about their rights but not telling them about their responsibility. etc etc Then the stupid bint interviewer pics up on his use of the words "targetting appropriate shops" totally misinterpreting his meaning. She has a go at him like as if he had said they should only be targetting rich peoples shops. What he actually meant and it was obvious to everyone except the stupid bint was that the scumbags were mainly targetting the shops that had the gear they wanted like TV shops, Sportswear shops, offies for the booze and newsagents for the fags. 'Appropriate'. Sure he used the wrong words but given the context of the rest of his sentance nevermind the rest of what he was saying it was obvious what he meant. Alas, one doesn't need a high IQ to be a journalist or newsreader these days. You just need to be able to read and write :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

CorkMan wrote: »
    does anyone have a stream for sky news? it is free to air so it shouldn't be a problem.

http://myiplayer.com/home.php

Try the second Sky News link at the bottom of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I've a sat system but mysteriously it is turned on the and HDMI plugged in, but it won't show up on my screen even though every other HDMI device shows up.

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/app/liveTV/liveTv.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

I know the word epic is thrown around a lot these days, but that is so fcuking epic :pac:

You can see her legging it up the road while everyone else is just standing by and watching it all happen.

Epic doesn't come close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Have seen him make some other racist posts in the past :mad:

Well, with a name like that, I'm not really surprised. I'm also not surprised that his post isn't very well thought out or factually informed. Such is the way with racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It's probably for the best. Sky news is ****e anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Epic doesn't come close!

the proper word here is Kleptic

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Tory MEP rebuked: "Roger ffs, not out loud!"
    A Tory MEP was rebuked by the party today after suggesting that looters and arsonists taking part in riots should be shot on sight by the Army.

As Prime Minister David Cameron chaired a meeting of the Government’s emergency committee, Roger Helmer posted on Twitter: “Memo to COBRA: Time to get tough. Bring in the Army. Shoot looters and arsonists on sight.”

Challenged over his hardline stance, he later added: “Let’s try water cannon/plastic rounds first. But if the police lose control completely, tougher measures are called for.”

A Conservative Party spokesman said: “We totally dissociate ourselves from these comments.”
    http://breakingnews.ie/world/meps-shoot-rioters-comment-slammed-515915.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Bloody Nokia predictive text. I only texted a few of my North London mates asking if they fancied a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

They better not call off the fooking leeds game tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Wasn't this moron banned already?

By the way, you should get your eyes checked, there are plenty of white guys involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

hardy_buck wrote: »
    speechless.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424 (sorry if this has already been posted)

That is hilariously tragic.

I care more about my face than insured jewelry.. Fair feks to her but if that was you or me instead of an old woman, we'd have had that bat lodged in our face.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Banned

Please report racist and troll posts.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

where is the batman ? we need him back, the dark knight must return :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Latest updates from the guardian

14.00 Unconfirmed reports of riots breaking out in West Bromwich and the town centre being sealed off. Also reports that offices and shops in Wolverhampton have been put on high alert.

14.05 We're getting initial reports that shops and banks in Uxbridge are closing down following rumours of a riot planned for 3pm. Around 100 officers are in the town centre.

Heidi Blake is on the road in south London.
    Panic is spreading quickly around south east London, with shops closing their shutters and boarding up their doors in Peckham, Depford and Greenwich as looting warnings circulate. But driving through the streets there is little sign of trouble, with just a few groups of youths drifting around apparently aimlessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

ricero wrote: »
    where is the batman ? we need him back, the dark knight must return :pac:

Where is The Citizen when you need him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

RobitTV wrote: »
    Latest updates from the guardian

14.00 Unconfirmed reports of riots breaking out in West Bromwich and the town centre being sealed off. Also reports that offices and shops in Wolverhampton have been put on high alert.

14.05 We're getting initial reports that shops and banks in Uxbridge are closing down following rumours of a riot planned for 3pm. Around 100 officers are in the town centre.

Heidi Blake is on the road in south London.
    Panic is spreading quickly around south east London, with shops closing their shutters and boarding up their doors in Peckham, Depford and Greenwich as looting warnings circulate. But driving through the streets there is little sign of trouble, with just a few groups of youths drifting around apparently aimlessly.

:D:D:D

"unconfirmed reports" "initial reports" "rumours"

chancers

Advertisement