Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Wimbledon town centre is going into lockdown now following instructions from police.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

If you take into account the UK foreign policy as regards to the riots in the middle east, theres not a ****ing chance they are going to put the army on the streets. Theres also no chance of them being seen to be overly heavy handed.

FWIW I think thats crap, but I believe its where they are coming from, the scumbags should get their heads kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

The man on BBC news just said they were raising buildings to the ground?

That doesn't even make sense.

*runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

:(
    hardy_buck wrote: »
    speechless.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424 (sorry if this has already been posted)

They say its the governments fault........ but they don't even know who the government is? Thick fcuks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This came up on my Twitter feed.
    Quote from the D4 mammies on the tv3 midday show: "you wouldn't see the kids from foxrock rioting like that". #Jawdroppingignorance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

harry potter piles have subsided after 2 treatments of wd40

more reports to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

RobitTV wrote: »
    Wimbledon town centre is going into lockdown now following instructions from police.

those fecking Wombles:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

brummytom wrote: »

*runs*

How does one raise a building to the ground?

Does he mean Raze? the idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

http://yfrog.com/kj5oewj

The cleanup begins!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

That_Guy wrote: »
    This came up on my Twitter feed.

haha, i remember blackrock on a friday night when the boarders from blackrock college would go to the pub. there were gardai everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

*runs*

Geez man, it's not "Raised" it's "Raz"... Awwwwww! See what you did there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Quote from the D4 mammies on the tv3 midday show: "you wouldn't see the kids from foxrock rioting like that". #Jawdroppingignorance

She's forgotten the four lads who kicked a young man to death outside Anabels by the Burlington Hotel

All got laughably low sentences.
    From good families don't you know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

*runs*

is there riots in birmingham too:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

This comment on the BBC's live feed sums up perfectly how I feel about the riots and about Britain in general.

Rob, London writes: You create a society where vastly overpaid footballers and models can flaunt their wealth and behave in any manner they see fit, and are still treated as near gods by the media. You lead our youth to expect instant fame and wealth, and instead they get unemployment, poverty, and no future. And now you act surprised when they revolt.

Why do the British only use their armies on other countries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Thomas828 wrote: »
    This comment on the BBC's live feed sums up perfectly how I feel about the riots and about Britain in general.

Rob, London writes: You create a society where vastly overpaid footballers and models can flaunt their wealth and behave in any manner they see fit, and are still treated as near gods by the media. You lead our youth to expect instant fame and wealth, and instead they get unemployment, poverty, and no future. And now you act surprised when they revolt.

A Tory MP said something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

yea thats true, except for the part that most of these thugs follow and adore these footballers/clubs in question and if it wasnt for the illusion and escapism of football the streets of England...would be....tearing themselves...apart....oh yea...wait hang on a .sec

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Why do the British only use their armies on other countries?

Why dont you box yerself in the face?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

There is overpaid american baseball players and american footballers and models....dont see any rioting outside Yankee stadium recently.

There is overpaid undertalented people all over the world.

Plenty of poor ordinary working class folk in London trying their best to get on with their lives and dont resort to acting like thugs.

Its not the media's fault,its not sky news fault,its not the governments fault,want someone to blame...then blame the rioters and blame their fcuking parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

kona wrote: »

why don't you get the army to do it for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Amazing how fragile society really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I wish people would stop throwing the word poverty around.

The retards looting everywhere know nothing about real poverty!!
    I mean for crying out loud they were organising their meet ups on their blackberries!!!! Hardly living in poverty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

kona wrote: »

He has a fair point. They should bring in the army.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

raven136 wrote: »
    Its not the media's fault,its not sky news fault,its not the governments fault,want someone to blame...then blame the rioters and blame their fcuking parents.

Exactly. I hate the blame game people are playing. Every one is responsible for their own actions. Rioters are responsible for their actions, trying to blame it on lack of this and that is just rotten - reminds me of those horrible people who say 'sure, they are only kids, they have nothing else to do' when the little terrors makes life horrible for normal people.

Wrong in so many levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

There is overpaid american baseball players and american footballers and models....dont see any rioting outside Yankee stadium recently.

Plenty of poor ordinary working class folk in London trying their best to get on with their lives and dont resort to acting like thugs.

Could not have put this better myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It's a golden age for solicitors who do legal aid work, some of them will be rubbing their hands

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I wish people would stop throwing the word poverty around.

The retards looting everywhere know nothing about real poverty!!
    I mean for crying out loud they were organising their meet ups on their blackberries!!!! Hardly living in poverty!

To be fair nobody has confirmed what model of blackberry.
    We could be talking pay as you go pov spec here.

why don't you get the army to do it for him.

Ah my army is PC and doesnt fight other countries, I only unleash it on myself:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Models maybe but sports stars in the states generally have wage caps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

14.26 Contrary to earlier reports we've now confirmed that the Islamic Bank of Britain was not damaged in the rioting. It appears that worshippers leaving the East London Mosque after prayers were able to successfully chase of rioters, protecting both the bank and the mosque (guardian)

Advertisement