Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

They have some utter morons over there

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

http://www.twitvid.com/4JTZH

unreal, fair play to her, she speaks the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Models maybe but sports stars in the states generally have wage caps.

Ill get into a luxury tax debate with you if you want but your argument doesnt hold up.

Vernon wells guaranteed moneyy,7 year deal 126m
    Barry zito..126m
    Andrew Jones 2 year deal 36.2m
    Arod...27m a year
    Joe Mauer...23m a year
    Kobe....19m a year
    Vick(at the falcons) 13m a year
    Ovechkin...9m a year
    Tim Duncan 19m a year

I can go on and on and on...so yes they are far more overpaid than Premier league idols and this is no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wish people would stop throwing the word poverty around.

The retards looting everywhere know nothing about real poverty!!
    I mean for crying out loud they were organising their meet ups on their blackberries!!!! Hardly living in poverty!

Ugh, blackberries....the poor people.

Don't they have iPhones or Android phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

What's preventing me from encouraging the Army's introduction is their role and capability. Anti-riot and riot suppression isn't exactly on the top of the British Armed Forces list. They could be a potentially useful in deterring the rioters from a show of force standpoint, but when it comes to direct conflict, the Army may not have sufficient training in order to counter this. Sending platoons of lads in, some of them young and inexperienced, may be a bad thing. Unless there's specific sections of the Army devoted to this, I worry what their introduction means, unless there's confidence from the leadership over their ability.

We should send the Irish defence forces they are trained for rioting, they were trained for it in 2009 2010 and now still i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I wish people would stop throwing the word poverty around.

The retards looting everywhere know nothing about real poverty!!
    I mean for crying out loud they were organising their meet ups on their blackberries!!!! Hardly living in poverty!
    Most of the least well-off people I know have Blackberries - they're hardly expensive.

Lots of these people would put phones/computer games/gadgets above many essentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

murpho999 wrote: »

What do you think this is all over ?

DominoDub wrote: »

Pure gansta' robbin the fckuing pound shop?? LOL

Imagine doing 6 months for robbing a pound shop..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

They will be using Viber next on Iphone after all the looting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

RobitTV wrote: »
    We should send the Irish defence forces they are trained for rioting, they were trained for it in 2009 2010 and now still i suppose.

wont happen wish people wouild stop suggesting that, better chance of the IRA appearing on the scene

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

raven136 wrote: »
    There is overpaid american baseball players and american footballers and models....dont see any rioting outside Yankee stadium recently.

There is overpaid undertalented people all over the world.

Plenty of poor ordinary working class folk in London trying their best to get on with their lives and dont resort to acting like thugs.

Its not the media's fault,its not sky news fault,its not the governments fault,want someone to blame...then blame the rioters and blame their fcuking parents.

Riots aren't the only symptom of an unequal society. I'd rather the have the disillusioned youth in my country looting and rioting than shooting up schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

On the contrary, black men were invited from the colonies to come to Britain to help rebuild it after WW2 largely because so many British men were killed in the war and domestic manpower just wasn't there.

So true. This is not a white vs black issue. I grew up in a mostly white area of England where the exact same scum make life a misery for decent local people. The bulk of the people in London causing bother may happen to be black because the bulk of the poorest in London happen to be black. If this breaks out to Southend and Southampton and Oldham and Bradford then the ethnic make-up of those involved will be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Community worker talking absolute bollox on sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bollox. Media/football players didn't let them out of the house at 2am to riot. It's the parents fault, problem is no one seems to want to come out and blame the parents.

Also to add that rioting is not a modern phenomenon they have been a part of man's history since time began.

Look at this Wiki List of Riots

Israeli Defence Forces & Krav Maga would sort it out.

Interesting the only community standing up together and fighting back is the Indian & Turkish communities, fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Conor108 wrote: »
    Residents bringing tea to the officers

Nice pic, riot shield as a tray :)

her husbands name is Jonny Walker, did they add some whiskey to the tea to keep the cold away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Has anyone been listening to Rinse fm over the past few days?

I have visions of a sultry sexy grimestress egging them on like the DJ lady in the film The warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Some people riot , I play grand theft auto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Riots aren't the only symptom of an unequal society. I'd rather the have the disillusioned youth in my country looting and rioting than shooting up schools.

i didnt say i would.Just the poster was blaming their love of overpaid athletes and that Americans were not as highly paid.
    I merely corrected him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I know people are saying send in the army but ummmm isn't that why there is a war in Lybia, an overthrown government in Egypt and (nearly) tunisia and not forgetting the condemnation of the security council against Syria?

I know not exactly the same but when ANY government sends a military force against its people surely a line has been crossed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Jake1 wrote: »
    Pure gansta' robbin the fckuing pound shop?? LOL

Imagine doing 6 months for robbing a pound shop..:rolleyes:
    I wouldn't mind but the stupid tart caught on cam doing a runner has about five items under her sweater.......... total value about £5 :rolleyes:

danniemcq wrote: »
    I know people are saying send in the army but ummmm isn't that why there is a war in Lybia, an overthrown government in Egypt and (nearly) tunisia and not forgetting the condemnation of the security council against Syria?

I know not exactly the same but when ANY government sends a military force against its people surely a line has been crossed?

Again how the **** can you compare people fighting for freedom to scumbags robbing POUNDWORLD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I wouldn't mind but the stupid tart caught on cam doing a runner has about five items under her sweater.......... total value about £5 :rolleyes:

Looked like a few bags of taytos and stuff like that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

I think the Police are going to get a handle on this today/tonight. all city centres are closing so no place for bystanders to be hanging around, id say there will be plenty of heavy handed police brutality dished out tonight instead of the free for all like last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Well, the crowd I just saw on the news were kicking in the window of Bang & Olufsen. Obviously a far more sophisticated breed of thug.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Also to add that rioting is not a modern phenomenon they have been a part of man's history since time began.

Look at this Wiki List of Riots

Just me ? or is the list for 2011 the longest and we're still only halfway through the year...!

Scary times we live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

Im supposed to head over on Sunday for a weeks placement, will things will be settled down by then surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I think they should grab every one of the little wild bastards and make them join the army for a few years to learn some self control and discipline that their parent clearly havent taught them.

Like seriously how badly has that generation been raised that their out looting and burning down everything they fking see :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

danniemcq wrote: »

Yeeps, they would only turn the army on it's own citizens as a last resort. Not a decision to be taken lightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Blackberry site hacked and warned against co-operating with police....

http://blogs.blackberry.com/

Advertisement