Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Just me ? or is the list for 2011 the longest and we're still only halfway through the year...!

Scary times we live in.

Take into account the Arab spring risings, and the more diverse media coverage of recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Thrill wrote: »
    Blackberry site hacked and warned against co-operating with police....

http://blogs.blackberry.com/

Looks fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

RobitTV wrote: »
    We should send the Irish defence forces they are trained for rioting, they were trained for it in 2009 2010 and now still i suppose.

No. At the fundamental levels, and without intending harshness, it's the UK's problem. The Irish Government wouldn't intervene. The situation, despite being terrible, hasn't warranted outside intervention.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just me ? or is the list for 2011 the longest and we're still only halfway through the year...!

Scary times we live in.

It's long all right: also look at the death tolls,they're very high, make London's troubles look like a cakewalk and they never get a minute's coverage on our Sky driven news media.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Tonight is going to go one of two ways - much better than the last few or much, much worse. With 16,000 Police on the streets the Met should have the capability to stop things much more effectively than in previous nights and I'd have thought that would put some people off trying anything. But I think there's been a real rage exploding amongst the general public in Britain in the past 20 hours and with rumours that the EDL will be out in force tonight 'protecting' England there's the potential for real bother this evening.

The really scary thing about all this is that as bad as this has been, there's the potential there for the EDL and BNP to come out of this looking like heroes. There's going to be a right-wards swing in the UK, no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Looks fine?

Did for me too - but when you click on the home link it reloads with the hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Israeli Defence Forces & Krav Maga would sort it out.

Interesting the only community standing up together and fighting back is the Indian & Turkish communities, fair play to them.

lol @ krav maga to the rescue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Crush the scrotes underfoot, otherwise they've won and the the knackbags over here will be inspired by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

Did for me too - but when you click on the home link it reloads with the hack.

no hack on mine just coming up as it should

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I dunno, the Turkish and Indian communities have been praised for resisting rioters and protecting their own neighbourhoods. Provided that gets proportionate coverage - and to be fair, there isn't an entirely fair chance of that - it could actually undermine the BNP's narrative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Looks fine?
    That was fast. There was a warning from "poison nation" or something like that threatening to give riorters the names and addresses of blackberry employees if they co-operated with the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BooYa

If you're going to London, fly to Gatwick or Standsted, try avoid Lootin'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Again how the **** can you compare people fighting for freedom to scumbags robbing POUNDWORLD.

yeah if you have to send the army in to stop a load of 14 year olds from robbing poundworld then again you are doing something wrong.

Whats wrong is the cops are way to cautious after their stupid tactics and tehir own thuggish behaviour last year in the killing of that bystander and the kettling of protesters. if it wasn't for that the cops would go in like they used to and everything would be sorted out within hours not days.

They are making blunder after blunder in letting the scumbags become cocky and giving them free reign.

they need a curfew in place in whatever areas are giving most bother and send in the water cannons and riot cops to clear all the ares

and trust me i was first person in ireland to be hit with a water cannon at the may day protests. its fecking effective! easy enough to throw a half drowned soaked 14 year old crying for his ma into the back of a van and take him away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

15.02 Some eyewitness accounts of what is happening in West Bromwich now. Sources say helicopters are circling overhead and a large group of people is gathering outside one of the pubs in the town centre. (guardian)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

jester77 wrote: »
    They have some utter morons over there

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424
    Hope she goes out rioting tonight and gets a plastic bullet lodged in her twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Looks fine?
    This hack is a response to this statement by RIM:

“We feel for those impacted by this weekend’s riots in London. We have engaged with the authorities to assist in any way we can. As in all markets around the world Where BlackBerry is available, we cooperate with local telecommunications operators, law enforcement and regulatory officials. Similar to other technology providers in the UK we comply with The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act and co-operate fully with the Home Office and UK police forces.”

Dear Rim;
    You Will _NOT_ assist the UK Police because if u do innocent members of the public who were at the wrong place at the wrong time and owned a blackberry will get charged for no reason at all, the Police are looking to arrest as many people as possible to save themselves from embarrassment…. if you do assist the police by giving them chat logs, gps locations, customer information & access to peoples BlackBerryMessengers you will regret it, we have access to your database which includes your employees information; e.g – Addresses, Names, Phone Numbers etc. – now if u assist the police, we _WILL_ make this information public and pass it onto rioters…. do you really want a bunch of angry youths on your employees doorsteps? Think about it…. and don’t think that the police will protect your employees, the police can’t protect themselves let alone protect others….. if you make the wrong choice your database will be made public, save yourself the embarrassment and make the right choice. don’t be a puppet..

p.s – we do not condone in innocent people being attacked in these riots nor do we condone in small businesses being looted, but we are all for the rioters that are engaging in attacks on the police and government…. and before anyone says “the blackberry employees are innocent” no they are not! They are the ones that would be assisting the police

- TriCk – TeaMp0isoN -
    - Greets To: iN^SaNe – Hex00010 – MLT – BlackHacker

- Knowledge is Power . . . . .

Twitter: @TeaMp0isoN_

- TriCk

From; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8687177/London-riots-live.html
    14.54 It has emerged that a man in his sixties, believed to have attempted to confront rioters in Ealing last night, is in a critical condition in hospital. More as we get it.

BRING ON THE PLASTIC BULLETS!!!

From; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8687177/London-riots-live.html
    13.56 Deputy Assistant Commissioner Stephen Kavanagh has confirmed that police are considering using plastic bullets to deal with rioters. The ammunition has never before been used in public order operations but is regularly employed to deal with armed suspects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I dunno, the Turkish and Indian communities have been praised for resisting rioters and protecting their own neighbourhoods. Provided that gets proportionate coverage - and to be fair, there isn't an entirely fair chance of that - it could actually undermine the BNP's narrative.
    The Chinese would have no hesitation defending their properties with meat cleavers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Great news everyone George osborne is returning to the UK to save the country.

god save them all.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Bambi wrote: »
    lol @ krav maga to the rescue

Valid point though, IDF have a lot of experience shooting kids.

Edit : Hmmmm....my Twitter is starting to blow up with lots of reports of gangs of youths on the move and cops movements as well.

Getting the vibe tonight is gonna be another big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I thought this was interesting - BBC News reporting on the shooting of Duggan on Friday - BEFORE the riots started.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkXcI07cow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Godot. wrote: »
    Why do you all give a sh!t? I don't believe every single one of you have family or friends in London.

Worse stuff happening around the world right this minute.

I give a ****, i have family in Ealing where things turned ugly last night. I also have family in Elephant&castle where there was looting going on down the old kent road.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

All the people saying it's "only 14 year olds", does a fire set by a 14 year ld not burn stuff down so?

Does a 14 year old looting somewhere not count as stealing?

Does a gang of 14 year old assaulting someone not injure them?

Baton charge the lot of them. Teach them some manners. Make it so they wouldn't even think about doing this again in their wildest dreams.

Watching the statement Boris Johnson gave to a group of local people and by Christ but some of them are pug ignorant. The lad at the end who seemed to think Boris was going out of his way to insult him was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Here's a pic of the hack on the blackberry site in case it gets taken down.
    That's some crazy ****, threatening employees.
    With this and the poster about how not to get caught, makes you wonder if this wasn't a lot more organised than we originally thought.

Blackberry hack by "Team poison"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Two 17-year-olds said they were "showing police and rich people they could do whatever they wanted".

Play video right of centre

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14460554

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Valid point though, IDF have a lot of experience shooting kids.

Edit : Hmmmm....my Twitter is starting to blow up with lots of reports of gangs of youths on the move and cops movements as well.

I must get one of these twitter machines, I have visions of people reading long ticker tapes of info as its being spat out "my twitter feed is off the scale"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Some areas of London not going to be guarded tonight :rolleyes:

Wonder how many more old people will end up in critical condition.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

From the Guardian website
    3.09pm: Back to Birmingham now, where, according to Martin Wainwright, the mood is very jumpy with shutters coming down over shopfronts and rumours of trouble swilling around:

The majority of local businesses are open but with groups of burly men standing outside, constantly on the phone, texting or tweeting.

"Pretty much everyone came down this morning determined to open," said one of a group outside Chohan jewellery shop. But you can see things aren't quite right with all these shutters and people open one minute and closed the next."

On the corner of Grove Road, police tapes sealed off the Handsworth branch of Lloyds bank whose staff have rather superfluously pasted the windows with notices saying: "Closed due to circumstances beyond our control."

Two policewomen chatted with passers-by in hot sunshine beside the ripped-out frames of the bank's two cash machines which had otherwise resisted a mob's attempts to break them open.

The area's mixture of normality and edginess was shown by the other two banks near the junction. The Nationwide is open as usual with only low profile security, but the NatWest is closed an shuttered.

The high street's Asian greengroceries were all trading busily, with families out shopping in the warm weather and plenty of children on school holidays darting about. Council benches in an area full of optimistic promotions of "Hands-On Handsworth - keep it clean and green" were full of older locals.

One of them, Theo Parker, a retired bus driver, said: "We're just like most people, bro. Just enjoying the lovely weather. This stuff last night, it's all to do with drugs and youth getting bored. Most of us get along here fine and that's the way we want it."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Bambi wrote: »
    I must get one of these twitter machines, I have visions of people reading long ticker tapes of info as its being spat out "my twitter feed is off the scale"

they are as accurate as wykepidea ;)

Advertisement