Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Happyman42 wrote: »
    As long as your diet is Sky TV and the tabloids you will continue to be fat on prejudice. That is all. Enjoy your popcorn.:rolleyes:

You think parents may be, in some way to blame for the shenanigans of their scumbag kids?

Or is it all the Governments and Media's fault in your eyes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

cosmicfart wrote: »
    Interesting alright, as she is talking thru her ****. the are loads of deprived places with bored kids and lack of jobs etc etc all over the world but these riots in england are not because of starvation or because people are living below the poverty line.
    The blog never said anything about starvation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Live rounds, shoot on sight, Game Over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Limerick91 wrote: »
    I have not read through the whole thread, but my questions is why is water cannon not used

There is a possibility of it being used, but no one has said anything. But a MP said "we don't use the water cannon in this country." Mrs PC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

The need to rebel. Its a youthful trait. Ever if these scum were driving Ferraris and wanted for nothing they would still riot.

You could be absolutely spot on, maybe this is all just for a bit of excitement, however, that being the case what does that say about our society?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

I have not read through the whole thread, but my questions is why is water cannon not used

Has never being used in UK and like rubber bullets needs legislation.
    Also the calls for bring in the Army i.e martial law requires serious consideration and an act passed to invoke it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Seriously, folk need to develop an ability to distinguish between finding a cause of something and excusing it.
    Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

RobitTV wrote: »
    15.27 Ebay has confirmed it will remove any listings linked to looting in London. A spokesman for the online auction site said:
    ""Our thoughts are with the businesses and communities affected by recent events in London and around the UK. eBay will cooperate fully with the investigating authorities to identify and remove any listings which are linked to criminal activity""

Eh? How are they possibly going to know?

I don't imagine a looter listing on eBay: "32 inch LG TV - brand new - just looted from Currys yesterday".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

baaaa wrote: »
    The blog never said anything about starvation.

she is trying to assert that these people live in 3rd conditions as an argument. They dont live in 3rd world conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

"The Blackberry messenging service is like SMS on steroids."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Illegal to use on mainland Britain apparently.

Live rounds, shoot on sight, Game Over.

They are saying it would damage citizen-police relations. Obviously the army would win, but you don't want the UK Army to get the vibe of the Syrian army.

Rubber bullets would be enough IMO.

Do people really think this is just for excitement?
    A riot in the middle of the greatest depression in history is just for fun!?Really?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Im not posting another word till this thread hits 5000 posts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

15.44 Matthew Holehouse reports that Victoria station is full of office workers leaving for home early, before trouble starts. (guardian)

15.50 Nick Clegg was booed by crowds who shouted "go home" during a walkabout in Birmingham this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

People are sick of excuses. At this stage the "poor" and "disadvantaged" are given so much help it's just silly and the minute anything goes wrong for them they do something like this.

Some people are just worthless and won't ever be anything but.
    You could probably make a strong argument that the help they are given is part of the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Illegal to use on mainland Britain apparently.

its not illegal. they have just never been used

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

A riot in the middle of the greatest depression in history is just for fun!?Really?:eek:

Greatest depression in history :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Media's fault in your eyes?

the reactionary hate filled bile on AH is media fuelled. Tabloid media fuelled.

I blame the Irish education system for a generation of people who don't care, who are as irresponsible as those looters, because they choose NOT to have freedom of mind...the 'I'm alright Jack....you get back in line', school of politics.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

CorkMan wrote: »
    I've a feeling many people on here will have their popcorn next to their sofa tonight.

10,000 cops on the beat tonite..be a brave scumbag who would try.

• Advertisement

People watching on their TV/PC probably look at it at that. Obviously if rioting was happening where they lived it would be a different deal.

she is trying to assert that these people live in 3rd conditions as an argument. They dont live in 3rd world conditions.
    Lol,what?3rd world?I don't think we're talking about the same blog,or else you can't read.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

At least there's something on the tele

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

karma_ wrote: »
    You could be absolutely spot on, maybe this is all just for a bit of excitement, however, that being the case what does that say about our society?

we are still in a POST WAR....Period! Violence is a way of life, I myself cant help but watch on in some sort of morbid excitement towards these riots, even though I genuinely detest them.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

http://www.twitvid.com/3G1WA

Disgraceful stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Happyman42 wrote: »
    the reactionary hate filled bile on AH is media fuelled. Tabloid media fuelled.

I blame the Irish education system for a generation of people who don't care, who are as irresponsible as those looters, because they choose NOT to have freedom of mind...the 'I'm alright Jack....you get back in line', school of politics.:rolleyes:

im going to have to ask again. what the hell are you on about.

since we are all tabloid reading right wing sheep, please enlighten us as to the reasons and aims of this 'protest'.

just please dont use any big words, our uneducted working class brains might get hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Seriously, folk need to develop an ability to distinguish between finding a cause of something and excusing it.

Quoting for emphasis.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

4Sheets wrote: »
    10,000 cops on the beat tonite..be a brave scumbag who would try.

10,000 extra cops, so 16,000 altogether.

Whatever about water cannons and rubber bullets, I want the police to use batons and just ****ing hit people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

There aren't any in GB.

They aren't licensed to be used in GB.

The Police and Government don't want to kill anyone else and stir things up even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

we are still in a POST WAR....Period! Violence is a way of life, I myself cant help but watch on in some sort of morbid excitement towards these riots, even though I genuinely detest them.

You've probably summed up a lot of people's opinion on the events.
    Horrible scenes taking place in a large, can't help but watch to see what develops

Advertisement