Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Breaking news:

As a last ditch attempt to mellow out the rioters, David Cameron is to drive an ice-cream van through London tonight.
    He will be aided by Howard Marks who upon kicking the rear van doors open will hang out and shower Hindu Kush spliffs upon the proles.

God speed, you heroes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

baaaa wrote: »
    Lol,what?3rd world?I don't think we're talking about the same blog,or else you can't read.

I can read just fine friend. she is making out that these 'people' have nothing to live for, hence the rioting looting and pillaging. stuff like this are only seen in the poorest places in the world there is no excuse for this happening in england with regards to lack of jobs, these people do lived a decent quaility of life, there is no excuse for it

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Barrington wrote: »
    10,000 extra cops, so 16,000 altogether.

Whatever about water cannons and rubber bullets, I want the police to use batons and just ****ing hit people

But what happens when the people they hit shoot back?

Massive amount of guns in London

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Live rounds, shoot on sight, Game Over.

shooting unarmed civilians... yeah thats what the situation needs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Eh? How are they possibly going to know?

I don't imagine a looter listing on eBay: "32 inch LG TV - brand new - just looted from Currys yesterday".

It will be fairly obvious if the seller is newly registered, has zero feedback, is selling 12 TV's and 20 Ipads and has a username something like SMA5HER100.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

4Sheets wrote: »
    10,000 cops on the beat tonite..be a brave scumbag who would try.

16,000 is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

Barrington wrote: »
    10,000 extra cops, so 16,000 altogether.

Whatever about water cannons and rubber bullets, I want the police to use batons and just ****ing hit people

16,000. Great. How many will be trained to deal with a riot? And how many will be community officers?

Stupid Cameron.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

4Sheets wrote: »
    10,000 cops on the beat tonite..be a brave scumbag who would try.

It thinks it's 16,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Anyone want to buy a few iphones?

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/mob/2536072357.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

im going to have to ask again. what the hell are you on about.

since we are all tabloid reading right wing sheep, please enlighten us as to the reasons and aims of this 'protest'.

just please dont use any big words, our uneducted working class brains might get hurt

Go find the vid of Darkus Howe being ridiculed on the BBC. Says it all really, 'don't you dare try and analyse this...we demand your condemnations' when the establishment couldn't get their pound of flesh....accuse him of rioting :rolleyes: At the moment they are winning the PR war, the sheep are bleating for blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

RTE have issued a statement because of 100's of phone calls into the Joe Duffy show.

" There has been NO rioting in Finglas in the past few days,Finglas looks like this all the time. "

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

They're so poor and disadvantaged yet they all have blackberrys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Most of the looters and rioters are black, most of the people affected and cleaning up are white.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Elba101 wrote: »
    16,000. Great. How many will be trained to deal with a riot? And how many will be community officers?

Stupid Cameron.

Yeah your right, they should have just left it the way it was last night with 6000 cops on the ground. What possibly could over double that number do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Happyman42 wrote: »
    the reactionary hate filled bile on AH is media fuelled. Tabloid media fuelled.

I blame the Irish education system for a generation of people who don't care, who are as irresponsible as those looters, because they choose NOT to have freedom of mind...the 'I'm alright Jack....you get back in line', school of politics.:rolleyes:

"Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Go find the vid of Darkus Howe being ridiculed on the BBC. Says it all really, 'don't you dare try and analyse this...we demand your condemnations' when the establishment couldn't get their pound of flesh....accuse him of rioting :rolleyes: At the moment they are winning the PR war, the sheep are bleating for blood.

...and you'll read a lot of people on here condemning the BBC treatment of Howe.

You still haven't addressed the need for parental control of these 'rioters'.

You blame the media, the Government but what about these kids parents?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I blame idleness - 200 years ago all the scumbags would have been forced to join the British Army and sent out to the colonies to kick some native a$$ and expend their energies - the decline of the British Empire has culminated in the lowest dregs of society finally realizing that the authorities are feeble and rudderless, just look at the wringing of hands in Washington and Berlin recently.

So you're advocating imperialism, genocide, and expansionism? Grand for the immediate benefits of the state, but in the long run, it leads to collapse. Look at the fall of the British Empire, or Nazi Germany etc.
    Even though I know it a pile of old hokum, the time is ripe for the Anti Christ to show up, just like Hitler did in the '30s. Disenchantment with the status quo is prevalent world-wide. Nothing that World War 3 wouldn't sort out.

So you want the introduction of WWIII, a conflict that will mean doubling, tripling, even more damage than WWII?

Can't believe if you're actually serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

cosmicfart wrote: »
    I can read just fine friend. she is making out that these 'people' have nothing to live for, hence the rioting looting and pillaging. stuff like this are only seen in the poorest places in the world there is no excuse for this happening in england with regards to lack of jobs, these people do lived a decent quaility of life, there is no excuse for it
    Lol at your brain:D
    So we're clear then,neither "starvation" nor "3rd world" conditions were ever actually mentioned on the blog,you just said they were to suit your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

West End is shutting down, reckon the rumors are comming from shop staff on Bond Street

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Most of the looters and rioters are black, most of the people affected and cleaning up are white.

Not true.

This has been a truly multicultural collection of scummers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Scum carries across the race divide

I wish people stopped looking at photos and trying to score points over race

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

baaaa wrote: »
    Do people really think this is just for excitement?
    A riot in the middle of the greatest depression in history is just for fun!?Really?:eek:
    Yep. Its that deep. Same thing happens on a smaller scale in the North every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I watched him last night and thought to myself that if this is the type of figure that that community looks up to its no wonder they are rioting, , blaming the riots on stop and search!!!!!!!!! he is nothing but an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭FootShooter

A riot planning group on facebook

"Barnett high road is the spot tonight"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/235267786511728/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

so in other words. no, you cant back up any of the nonsense you've stated here about it being a protest or explain it.

if you havent noticed the people calling for 'blood' as you put it are ordinary good london people afraid of their lives that they wont get burned in their beds. except theyre not calling for blood their calling for protection

PR war? my god. You are the only one naive enough to defend the behaviour of this rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Yeah your right, they should have just left it the way it was last night with 6000 cops on the ground. What possibly could over double that number do?[/QUOTE]

A lot actually, but how many of them are trained to deal with riots? That was my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What's the largest thread in After Hours?

Will we crack the record with this one? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Most of the rioting was done at night - dark
    Most of the cleaning was done during the day - bright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ahyeahok wrote: »
    Sounds like a deal to me!

Advertisement