Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London and UK riots (started in Tottenham 10:30PM, 6th Aug)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

A riot planning group on facebook

"Barnett high road is the spot tonight"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/235267786511728/

Anybody up for sending this to the met police?

How thick in the head do you have to be to set up one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Elba101 wrote: »
    Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Yeah your right, they should have just left it the way it was last night with 6000 cops on the ground. What possibly could over double that number do?[/QUOTE]

A lot actually, but how many of them are trained to deal with riots? That was my point.

Couldn't answer that question, but the more they have the better. The point last night was that they didn't have enough cops on the ground. At least with the extra cops tonight they have a better chance in preventing other areas being attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

Has anyone seen? BBC reporting at its finest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJgILxGK0o&feature=share

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I watched him last night and thought to myself that if this is the type of figure that that community looks up to its no wonder they are rioting, , blaming the riots on stop and search!!!!!!!!! he is nothing but an idiot

Why do you say that? Would you tolerate that? Constantly being stopped and searched and constantly demeaned? Are you old enough to remember how that kind of activity kicked off riots in your own country?
    Try imagining what that is like over several generations in deprived communities.
    There are people in these communities that have been constantly warning about what was going to happen. They where ignored and now the whole capital is imperilled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Yeah your right, they should have just left it the way it was last night with 6000 cops on the ground. What possibly could over double that number do?[/QUOTE]

A lot actually, but how many of them are trained to deal with riots? That was my point.

They (police officers) have to have a license to go out with a riot unit which has to be re-newed every year. A friend of mine cant go out as her license expired in June. They will only use officers out of license if they really have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

jester77 wrote: »
    Most of the rioting was done at night - dark
    Most of the cleaning was done during the day - bright

The plot thickens.
    Guinness: the white's on top of the blacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

flikflak wrote: »

They (police officers) have to have a license to go out with a riot unit which has to be re-newed every year. A friend of mine cant go out as her license expired in June. They will only use officers out of license if they really have to.

I think they do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Go find the vid of Darkus Howe being ridiculed on the BBC. Says it all really, 'don't you dare try and analyse this...we demand your condemnations' when the establishment couldn't get their pound of flesh....accuse him of rioting :rolleyes: At the moment they are winning the PR war, the sheep are bleating for blood.

Sheep? How dare you? People are having their homes and their livelihoods destroyed by this scum. People are "bleating for blood" because they are angry that the same ***** who terrorise street corners and estates in the UK and who make life a misery for decent people are now taking things to a whole different level.

I hope you sleep well tonight, because that's a lot more than a lot of my friends and family will be able to do.

Why do you say that? Would you tolerate that? Constantly being stopped and searched and constantly demeaned? Are you old enough to remember how that kind of activity kicked off riots in your own country?
    Try imagining what that is like over several generations in deprived communities.
    There are people in these communities that have been constantly warning about what was going to happen. They where ignored and now the whole capital is imperilled.

They are being stopped and searched with good reason, do you think people should be allowed to carry around knives and guns for use in various gang crimes etc?

If you are not involved in gangs or gang related activity you would be left alone quick enough the police are stopping people that are know to be gang members/known to carry weapons etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

Most of the looters and rioters are black, most of the people affected and cleaning up are white.
    Racist rubbish. Plenty of white people in the looting footage and plenty of non white people in the cleanup.

Turkish Kurds coming in for special mention for banding together and manning their streets to succesfully deter the scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

jester77 wrote: »
    Most of the rioting was done at night - dark
    Most of the cleaning was done during the day - bright
    So you're blaming it on vampires then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

If you have nothing to hide then what's the problem?

As i said already, once these people meet even a tiny amount of difficulty they go nuts because they are hand-held through every piece of adversity in their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

So that gives people the right to destroy other peoples lives now does it? Try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

so in other words. no, you cant back up any of the nonsense you've stated here about it being a protest or explain it.

if you havent noticed the people calling for 'blood' as you put it are ordinary good london people afraid of their lives that they wont get burned in their beds. except theyre not calling for blood their calling for protection

PR war? my god. You are the only one naive enough to defend the behaviour of this rabble.

When the dust settles I expect people will look to the real reasons...same as they did for Brixton and Toxteth.
    Of course good people are in danger that's what happens unfortunately when tinderboxes explode.

Who has defended the behaviour of these people?????? Looking for a reason and defending are two entirely different things unless you are a reactionary muppet like Sky and BBC and some posters on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

ahyeahok wrote: »

I am not sure what you're chances are of receiving the iPhone if you payed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

mikom wrote: »
    The plot thickens.
    Guinness: the white's on top of the blacks.

It's all a marketing ploy to coincide with Arthur's Day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Exactly. These were the things being done by the Black and Tans. People only take so much of it. Stop and search powers without good reason are ridiculous. These people are obviously going to hate the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

flikflak wrote: »

I think they do!!!

Yes, they probably do but all officers even with an expired license will have had training for riot duty so while they might not be bang up to date with the training they at least have had some relevant training.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

cocoshovel wrote: »

They are well clued into this.

If you have nothing to hide then what's the problem?

As i said already, once these people meet even a tiny amount of difficulty they go nuts because they are hand-held through every piece of adversity in their lives.

Talk to some ordinary nationalists in the North and you might begin to get an inkling of what it is like.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CorkMan wrote: »
    I am not sure what you're chances are of receiving the iPhone if you payed for it.

He probably offers home delivery. And then robs your fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Sounds like a deal to me!

Fun untill they try and activate it on iTunes ...with Apple having a list of serial and IMEI numbers from various store stock databases. Flagged as Stolen Goods

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

4.13pm: Shops are shutting across Birmingham. The Bullring shopping centre is to close at 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

At least report it to Facebook. Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

^^^
    Dont think its genuine .. looks like a spoof tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

They are well clued into this.
    BBC reporting that Strathclyde police arrested a 16 year old for posting a message trying to get a riot going.

Stev_o wrote: »
    So that gives people the right to destroy other peoples lives now does it? Try again.

Me saying that it doesn't give them the rights won't stop it unfortunately, this is what happens when our governments let us down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Osama bin laden is back on channel 847 driving the batmobile around birmingham.

Advertisement