Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canal Fishing Help Needed!

Options
  • 07-08-2011 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Leaving it quite late but going fishing at a canal in Lonford tomorrow, What's the best bait to use? Anyone have any helpful tips? Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Too late now ,

You cannot say what is best to use unless you know what fish you will be fishing for .

/ but out of interest where abouts was that canal ? (from around those parts myself )Did you go fishing and how did it turn out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

i fished it at kenagh once a few weeks ago, lots of small roach on bread, nothing on sweetcorn, didnt have maggots but will give it a go with them there ina few weeks time hopefully,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Maggots are pretty much the main bait on canals.

shblob wrote: »
    Maggots are pretty much the main bait on canals.
    ah yeah i would expect so alright, just didnt get any at the time as its a bit out of the way from where i was stayin, was just passing an hour to see what if any fish were about,all the roach were small and i seen a few small perch about, nothing to get too excited about but was nice and relaxin hour or so:D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

[QUOTE=bayliner;737901 was just passing an hour to see what if any fish were about,all the roach were small and i seen a few small perch about, nothing to get too excited about but was nice and relaxin hour or so:D:)[/QUOTE]

Isn't this the whole beauty of fishing!

A lot more to fishing than catching a fish.:)

• Advertisement

Bizzum wrote: »
    Isn't this the whole beauty of fishing!

A lot more to fishing than catching a fish.:)
    absolutely:), its a bonus if you catch a fish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Maybe that's why it's called angling: You cover all your angles and maybe then catch a fish:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Its called fishing, not catching :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

shblob wrote: »
    Its called fishing, not catching :)

fishing is not all about catching fish.... but it sure as hell helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

minnow!! best bait to use anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭howsshecuttin

Howdy,
    Cheers for all the help, really appreciated, I went to a canal in Kenagh, (Mosstown) Was using a spinner, Caught nothing, So I then tipped over as far as Lanesboro and caught three small perch and a small trout. I was happy enough. Think I'll have the maggot on for canals anymore!

Advertisement