Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's Lough Ramor doing for Pike?

Options
  • 07-08-2011 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has tried Lough Ramor lately, and if so how's it fishing for pike? I tried it twice last year with mixed results and am thinking of hitting it again in the next week or so. As usual, don't mention locations....;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Slow.
    Roll on Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

seen people setting nets there yesterday so it'll be tough going anytime of year if it keeps up im sorry to say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

karlram wrote: »
    seen people setting nets there yesterday so it'll be tough going anytime of year if it keeps up im sorry to say

Did you report this to the relevant authority?

I would think that anybody fishing Ramor knows the Fishery Officers that cover it, because the area is well patrolled.
    Feel free to PM me for the numbers!

There is a survey on Ramor at the moment, so that is what you saw.

Did you report this to the relevant authority?
    had no answer from the 24 hour baliff and gaurds told me to keep trying them. very frustrating. got a couple of numbers today of people who look after the ramor for the future

• Advertisement

Bizzum wrote: »
    I would think that anybody fishing Ramor knows the Fishery Officers that cover it, because the area is well patrolled.
    Feel free to PM me for the numbers!

There is a survey on Ramor at the moment, so that is what you saw.

hope your right

hope your right

I am right.

I am right.
    whats the survey for?

whats the survey for?

Eel population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Can anyone recommend someone who can provide boat hire on Ramor or any of the other good pike lakes in Cavan? Myself and three of my neighbours are looking at spending a weekend up there around end of Sept / beginning of Oct. We've all fished from the shore, and want to try from boat this time.

• Advertisement

shamwari wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend someone who can provide boat hire on Ramor or any of the other good pike lakes in Cavan? Myself and three of my neighbours are looking at spending a weekend up there around end of Sept / beginning of Oct. We've all fished from the shore, and want to try from boat this time.

Hugh Brady operates out of the Lakeshore Manor Hotel and hires out boats. I'd have his number if you want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Hugh Brady operates out of the Lakeshore Manor Hotel and hires out boats. I'd have his number if you want it.
    Thanks, can you PM me with it and I'll give him a call?

A word of warning about Ramor.
    It's predominantly a shallow lake and there are rocks in places unmarked just under the surface, so if you're not familar with the lake, be careful.

Advertisement